Waiting

"I had her by the hand all the time. Suddenly we were torn apart and I was pushed further, I had no way to get back to her. I also lost track of her immediately. I tried to turn around, but ... "
Miahold him. "Shhh, we'll find her ok? She must have come out somewhere else. "Fede said," We'll go on searching. Do you know if you were near this exit when you were separated? "" No, "Juanma said," I think it was further away. " Alvaro said," We have to leave here, we can not stay at the exits "
Mia took Juanma by the hand and pulled him away a bit. They searched for over an hour, there were not many people left, but they did not find Zoe. Alvaro had informed Ramiro. Ramiro had called Florenzia and Zoe's parents. He also spoke briefly with Juanma himself because he wanted to suggest that they should first come back to school until they knew something specific. Juanma said nothing and Alvaro took over the conversation again. Ramir told Alvaro that Florenzia would come to them.
It was not long before she was there. She took her son in her arms. They told her what had happened and how they got out. There were many ambulances already gone. Zoe's parents had said they would call the hospitals to find out if Zoe had been admitted. It did not look like they would find Zoe at the mall. Together with Mia, Florenzia persuaded Juanma to go to home. She asked Mia and Alvaro to come with them. Ramiro agreed. He promised to let them know as soon as he knew something. Juanma drove with his mother Alvaro and Mia followed with Alvaros car. When Florenceia unlocked the door, Juanma went straight up to his room. Florenzia looked at Mia and said, "He did not say a word all the way." Alvaro said quietly to Mia "go to him". Mia went up the stairs and knocked at Juanma's door. She was not closed, so she went in. Juanma was sitting on the bed. Mia sat down next to him and put her arm around him. Juanma took a shaky breath. "I should have tried to come back by force. I left her alone .. "Mia undercut him. "Juanma I was in the crowd myself. There is no turning back. "She pulled him close." You could not have done nothing. "" But if she now ... "he paused. "We do not know anything. Maybe she just has a few scratches and was taken somewhere to be sure We will be informed immediately, ok. "Juanma nodded. She did not say anything for a while. Mia just held him and stroked his back. Florenzia came up and said "I have clarified with Ramiro that you can stay here this night. Of course only if you want that. Alvaro said it was ok. "" Yes, Florenceia thank you. "" Ok then I'll just have a look for some food, ok. "Alvaro came to the two. He looked at Mia and threw a questioning look at Juanma. Mia shook her head almost imperceptibly.
Alvaro sat down with them. He put a hand on Juanma's shoulder. He lacked the words, because if he imagined Mia would be missing, there would be no right words. Alvaro was sure that she had been taken to a hospital, the only question was how seriously she was injured. He then said "I help Florenziawith the dinner , ok?" Mia nodded.
"Would you like to go outside, Juanma?" She asked. "Okay," said Juanma. They went downstairs and Mia toldit to Florenzia and Alvaro. They went for a walk. Mia took Juanma's hand. Juanma looked at his cell phone. He did not give up hope that Zoe wrote. "Ramiro will call Alvaro immediately if they hear anything." Juanma nodded. "I'm afraid of what he'll say. It was said that there were even deaths. "Mia stood in front of Juanma and hugged him. "I can not think of anything like that." "I did not try enough to help her.I was driven out by the others, I tried to turn around. When I was out, they did not let me in. "" Juanma, you have to try to stay calm. We will soon know where she is. "
After a while, Mia said, "We should go back, I think your mom's finished the dinner right now." "I can not eat something," said Juanma. They went back anyway. Florenzia had made pasta with cheese sauce and indeed the food was ready. They were all not that hungry. Juanma also eat something for his mother's sake.
Mia helped Florenzia cleaning up later and Florenceia asked; "Did he say something?" "He's blaming himself and he's trying to control his feelings."
"I hope we know something soon. Just go up to the two and I'll do the rest on my own "
Mia went back to Juanma and Alvaro. They had the TV on, but Juanma looked barely on the screen. He looked at his cell phone. Alvaro had pumped up a mattress to sleep on and Florenzia was about to bring bedding. Mia sat down next to Juanma and saw that he was passing the old news from Zoe. Carefully she took the phone from his hand "Do not do that," she said. JUanma swallowed. Mia took his hand in hers.
Florenzia brought bedding and a Tshirt for Mia. Alvaros cellphone rang and it was Ramiro. He only had the news that at the present time there were no deaths in the panic. Injured people were taken to various hospitals. As soon as he knew something new he would contact Alvaro again? . Juanma said, "But then there must be something serious, otherwise she would have told someone to call us or her family." "There will be a lot going on in the hospitals, I'm sure they'll get in touch soon" Juanma nodded. Mia went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. When she was done she cleared the bath for Alvaro. Alvaro and Mia lay down on the guest mattress. They had another movie turned on. Alvaros cell phone beeped and everyone looked up, but it was Martin who wanted to know if there were any news.
They were all in thought and no one really got any of the movie. At some point, Juanma got up and said "Sorry I can not lie here I have to get out a bit." He pulled on a sweatpants and left the room. Alvaro said to Mia "Go with him, I do not think it's good when he's alone." Mia put on her jeans and went down the stairs. Juanm had left the house, but was at the door. He sat on the steps in front of the house.
Mia sat down next to him. She saw that a tear ran down his face and gently wiped it away. "I'm sure we'll hear something soon" "We should have stayed with you and not  in another shop" "Juanma I fell as well, that could have happened to us too. It does not make sense now to have this thoughts. "Juanma hugged her" Thank you for being here, "he said. "You would not leave me alone in this situation, too." "Never," said Juanma. She held him tight. He breathed deeply several times.