Ohne Titel Teil140

Alvaro and Pedro left. It was difficult with the ski boots and the snowshoes underneath, but no one had other shoes with them. The Weather had cleared up a bit, but it looked like it was going to get worse again. They agreed to walk first to the next lift station. They had to take a break every now and then, because it was very exhausting. When they arrived on a slope you could see the lift station. Pedro proposed not to walk along the track but to follow the direct path along a steep slope. "But that's not without danger" said Alvaro "Yes I know but we have to save time urgently" Finally Alvaro agreed.

They walked up the steep slope and began cautiously with the descent. In safe places, they paused again and again.

In the meantime, Juanma's temperature had risen to almost 40 in the hut. Mia had given him another two pills and they tried to get the temperature down with cold wraps. Juanma was always awake, asked from time to time also to Zoe. Mia told him several times what had happened. The wraps and pills struck and Juanma was so fit for a while at least that he ate something too. The innkeeper had made a warm soup which he did very well. Mia sat with him then by the fireplace.

Pedro and Alvaro made slow progress. The weather started to deteriorate again. As she continued, Pedro suddenly slumped in the snow. Alvaro just barely held him and pulled him back up. Both were a bit shocked and stopped first.

As they moved on, Alvaro went ahead. He walked slowly and Pedro walked close behind him

Pedro and Alvaro set off again. They got closer and closer to the lift station. The wind increased again and it started to snow again. Nevertheless, the two reached the lift station even before the storm.

Luckily it was not closed. The station was not warm, but there were a few blankets and a small gas stove.

Pedro and Alvaro decided to stay there until the weather improved again.

" Is Mia your girlfiriend oder The girlfriend from Juanma?"

"Mia is my girlfriend, but we are all very good friends. Juanmas girlfriend has hopefully arrived at the valley station before the storm "

Pedro nodded and said "I'll keep my fingers crossed" He checked in the meantime, the electrical system and the radios, but there was no electricity.

They adjusted something and decided to eat something.

They talked a bit, Alvaro told about the school Pedro was a bit older and already working.

In the hut above, the mood became more subdued as the weather worsened.

Mia was worried about Alvaro. Juanma's medications worked. He realized that Mia was very quiet. "Hey are you ok?"

"I hope Alvaro and Pedro are already at the station," she said, "Of course they are, they've been away so long, they'll have made it."

Mia was not really convinced. Juanma squeezed her hand. "Do not worry, we will come out here soon. And then everything is ok. "

Since it was already dark, everyone prepared  for the night. Juanma seemed to be doing better, although the last pill had been around for some time, his temperature was not very high.

Mia lay down with him. "Ramiro and Zoe had probably made  it before the weather changesd" Mia was  worried about that , too, but she did not want to tell Juanma that.

In fact, Ramiro and Zoe had made it to the valley station that day. Just before everything was shut down they arrived at the bottom. There they heard that the company was closed for security reasons. Ramiro asked the lodge where Mia. Alvaro  and Juanma were staying and was told that the huts were all equipped for a few nights. He had no choice but to return to the cabin with Zoe and wait.

The next morning, the weather had calmed down again. Alvaro and Pedro decided to continue the descent.

Pedro went ahead and Alvaro stayed close behind. They made good progress.

On a steep slope Alvaro slipped off suddenly. Pedro tried to grab his arm but he missed him. Alvaro fell down part of the slope and Pedro lost sight of him. He tried to come down the slope. He was slow, because everything was very slippery. Alvaro did not respond when he reached him. He felt a faint pulse. Alvaro had a head injury and did not move.