Chapter 2

As the boat sailed on the river, the waves rolled and the boat swayed.

Chu Yuan lay on the bed with a pale face.

As soon as Le Shu opened the door, the soldiers at the door blocked the way and asked him to go back to his room with a straight face.

Le Shu bowed his hands and lowered his voice and begged: "Brothers, my Highness is still recovering from the cold. Could you please be accommodating and let me find the doctor?"

The soldiers looked at each other, others stopped him, and one soldier walked quickly towards the deck of the ship.

Soon, the soldier came back and brought back a strong man.

Zhao Lu held the handle of the knife and strode up to Le Shu. He looked up and down at the thin, monkey-like little slave in front of him. He blew out a stream of breath from his nose and said in a loud voice, "What's the matter?"

Le Shu was a little afraid of this sturdy and scary-looking man, so he cringed and repeated it in a low voice.

After Zhao Lu heard this, he frowned and ordered the soldiers, "Go and call the imperial doctor."

"Go back, the water is dangerous, don't run around if you have nothing to do." Zhao Lu raised his hand, pushed the door open, and said to Leshu in a loud voice without caring.

Le Shu was startled and hurried back. The next moment, the door was slammed shut.

"Leshu." Chu Yuan sat up, put his hands on the quilt, and looked sideways at the cedar and magnolia screen.

"Your Highness, the imperial doctor will be here soon. Please lie down and rest for a while." Le Shu walked around the screen and came back.

"I'm not tired." He paused. He could clearly hear the conversation outside the door and was aware of the other person's attitude. He curled his thin white fingers and said, "Go and take out the purse from the bag. I still have a few taels of silver, so I can buy some wine for the soldiers at the door to express my gratitude."

Le Shu opened his mouth, wanting to say something, but finally swallowed his words, took out the broken silver and walked towards the door again.

He was about to open the door when he heard several people guarding the door talking quietly.

"Did you see that General Zhao looked terrible just now?"

"I saw it. General Zhao has never smiled since he received this mission. I heard them say that I saw General Zhao getting angry several times."

"Why are you angry?"

"Are you stupid? General Zhao belongs to the third prince. General Zhao's attitude is the attitude of the third prince."

"So, the third prince doesn't like this princess from Chu country?"

Someone laughed inexplicably.

"It's just that I don't like it, that's all. I'm afraid that this prince and concubine will die suddenly like the previous ones."

With a 'pop' sound, the broken silver in Le Shu's hand fell to the ground. Several people outside heard the movement in the house, and there was no sound for an instant.

Le Shu took two steps back with a pale face. His lips trembled, his eyes widened in horror, and his mind went blank.

No wonder, so it is.

His Royal Highness left the palace at the age of ten and lived in a dilapidated temple for nine years without being cared about.

At the end of September, he suddenly received an imperial edict from the palace, asking His Highness to marry far away. Then he sent heavy troops to guard the house and take strict precautions.