Extra (3)

Under the moonlit night, two torches illuminated the area.

The jailer opened the iron door of the cell and was about to lead the way forward when Lu Ronghuai stopped him, "Wait outside. No unauthorized entry is allowed without orders."

The jailer bowed his head in response and stood sideways against the wall. Seeing this, the other jailers stepped back one after another, leaving the aisle to King Li and his party.

The corridor of the cell was deep, and Xianfeng walked in front holding a torch. Lu Ronghuai held Chu Yuan's hand and asked again while turning his head.

"You really want to go in? The cell is filthy. I'm afraid I'll scare you."

Chu Yuan was wearing a moon-white robe, like a fairy descending into the dark night. She was elegant and unconventional, with an unworldly temperament that was incompatible with the dark and murky prison cell.

He smiled lightly and said, "Your Majesty will protect me."

These words were true, Lu Ronghuai's eyebrows were flying, and he was in a very beautiful mood.

The three of them came to the innermost room on the east side, where the Queen Mother was imprisoned.

After not seeing her for many days, the Queen Mother huddled on a pile of withered grass. She had not eaten for several days, her eyes were dull, and she no longer had the aloof air she once had. Her hair was disheveled and spread out, her eye sockets were sunken, and her eyes were bloodshot.

Hearing the footsteps, her stagnant eyes turned stiffly, and she saw two tall figures standing in front of the cell door.

When she saw Lu Ronghuai, she suddenly became short of breath, stared at him viciously, and asked sharply: "Where is Rong Bo? Where did you keep him?!"

Lu Ronghuai: "When death is imminent, you'd better care about yourself."

"Oh, I have nothing to say after losing to you."

Chu Yuan narrowed his eyes, "The Queen Mother did not lose to the prince, but to your son."

Her son...

The Queen Mother's eyes were confused for a moment, and then she immediately thought of Lu Rongze.

Yes, if he hadn't written the imperial edict for the Zen position, how could she have been completely defeated.

The Queen Mother was angry and had many complaints against Lu Rongze in her heart. However, Lu Rongze was dead and she had nowhere to vent her resentment.

"He is my child, but he is not of the same mind as me. I have raised him for so many years in vain."

Xianfeng found two seats, and Lu Ronghuai took out a towel and wiped them carefully before letting Chu Yuan sit down.

He looked at the Queen Mother coldly and said sarcastically, "When you were pregnant, you used him to win favor, and you did not hesitate to let him be poisoned in his mother's womb. He will be burdened by illness in his life. Why didn't you remember that he was your child at that time?"

The ferocity in the Queen Mother's eyes turned into astonishment. She couldn't believe what she just heard. When she met Lu Ronghuai's cold eyes, her heart thumped, and the doubts swirling in her heart finally opened up.

Her fourth son has always been well-behaved and filial to her, and has never had a temper with her. From the time she was imprisoned until now, she has never been able to figure out why Lu Rongze gave up the throne to Prince Li.