Chapter 53

Lu Ronghuai rode a horse and led people to the city gate.

Bai Yi returned to Beijing this time to deliver an urgent report. Almost as soon as the urgent report left, he got ready and set off.

He left his soldiers and lieutenants in the west, and he took his daughter and 500 people and galloped back to Yejing.

Lu Ronghuai waited for a quarter of an hour. Smoke and dust flew up in the distance, and horseshoes formed in waves.

"coming!"

The group stopped in front of Lu Ronghuai.

Bai Yi is in his forties, with frosty white temples and deep wrinkles on his face. He looks much older than his actual age.

"His Royal Highness Prince Li." Bai Yi stepped forward immediately, holding the riding whip and bowing to him.

Lu Ronghuai raised his hand, "No, my father is still waiting for the general in the palace, let's go."

Behind Bai Yi, another person rode forward.

Bai Yi: "This is the dog girl Bai Qingyu. Qingyu, I haven't met the prince yet."

"Qing Yu has met the prince."

Bai Qingyu's voice was low and hoarse, probably from staying in the desert for a long time. It had a slight roughness to it, which was very different from the crisp and graceful voices of the beauties of Ye Jing.

She is beautiful, but she does not look like the traditional appearance of mainland beauties. Her beauty has the exotic style of Hu, with blue eyes, a deep nose, and her skin looks a bit dark due to the constant exposure to wind and sun.

Lu Ronghuai nodded lightly.

Bai Yi: "Qingyu, you take the people back to the house first. Dad will go to the palace to meet the saint and will be back soon."

Bai Qingyu, who had a cheerful and neat temperament, retreated to the back and led five hundred people away from the side.

Bai Yi waited until Bai Qingyu walked away before he looked away and looked at Lu Ronghuai, who was looking bored.

"Your Majesty, I have been traveling for many days and my bones are very tired. How about we go slowly on the way to the palace?"

"Okay." He responded lazily, looking at him sideways, but smiling in his heart.

This old guy has been marching all his life, so he doesn't take this kind of traveling seriously at all. He obviously has something to say to him.

Lu Ronghuai made a gesture behind him, and his subordinates stepped back one after another to distance themselves from them.

"Let's go." Lu Ronghuai kicked the horse's belly lightly, and the horse walked forward slowly.

Bai Yi walked side by side with him.

The Yejing Avenue was bustling with people, and the two of them rode their horses slowly, both calm and calm.

Bai Yi didn't speak until he entered the imperial city and there were fewer people around him.

"That secret letter must have been sent by the prince to the minister." He said firmly.

Lu Ronghuai deliberately pretended to be stupid, "What letter? I can't understand what the general said."

Bai Yi: "Being able to pass through layers of defenses quietly and put the letter in Wei Chen's room, looking at the entire Lu Kingdom, Wei Chen can't think of anyone else."