Nie Siran x Su Ruhe

It was already dark, and all the government officials were off duty. Normally, no one would beat drums to complain at this time.

Su Ruhe hurriedly changed into official uniform and rushed to the government office with his people.

When he sat on the chair in the government office, his breath was still a little unsteady, he looked out into the dark courtyard and said, "Bring in the drummer."

Soon, the government officials came in with people.

There was a lamp outside, separated by a yard. From a distance, Su Ruhe could only see two people following the government official, but his appearance could not be clearly seen.

Looking closer, you can see from the walking posture that they are a man and a woman. The man is tall, thin and straight, and the woman is slender and graceful.

Su Ruhe raised his hand to call Liu Shoutian. Just as he was about to ask a question, he caught sight of the two people entering the room from the corner of his eye. He glanced across the man and woman and suddenly became hoarse.

Liu Shoutian waited for a long time and didn't hear anything, so he took the initiative to ask: "What do you want, sir?"

"No, it's okay." He came to his senses and asked Liu Shoutian to sit back. He took a deep breath and looked down while sitting upright. A complicated look flashed through his eyes, which was so fast and unpredictable.

"Everyone in the hall, why are you playing drums?" He asked calmly, but his eyes fell on the woman unconsciously.

Liu Shoutian yelled angrily from the side, "How dare you not kneel down when you see the prefect. It's extremely rude. Someone come and capture them."

"Wait a minute." Su Ruhe knew that Liu Shoutian valued courtesy, but the people in the hall...

He clenched his hands and stopped them with a gentle voice, "It doesn't matter, let's listen to what they have to say first."

The woman in purple clothes below was crying and said: "Reporting to your lord, the daughter of the people wants to sue the man next to her."

Su Ruhe's delicate brows furrowed. He did not look at the man and only asked the woman: "Who are you from? What grievances do you have?"

The woman covered her face with an embroidered handkerchief and said in a tearful voice: "The daughter of the people lives in Yanyanfang in the west of the city. I am playing drums tonight to express my grievances. I want you to make the decision for the daughter of the people."

Su Ruhe looked at her, "What do you want me to do for you?"

The woman put down her handkerchief, looked at the tall man next to her with shyness and resentment, and choked out: "This man accepted the embroidered handkerchief sewn by a folk girl. A woman's embroidered handkerchief is a private thing. You must also know what this means." , but who knew, who knew that this person would not admit it!"

Su Ruhe's eyebrows twitched, she suppressed her surprise and asked calmly: "You mean, he accepted your veil but doesn't plan to marry you?"

"Exactly! The handkerchief is our token of love. Since he is willing to accept it, he must be happy with the daughter of the people, but why refuses to marry her? The daughter of the people really has no choice but to ask your Lordship to make a decision."

Su Ruhe still looked into the woman's eyes, "Is there any misunderstanding in this?"

The woman stopped crying. She fiddled with the veil tightly and looked confused, "Misunderstanding? Your Excellency, you think it was a civilian girl who wronged him?"