Chapter 59

Lu Rongshen returned to his seat in confusion, still confused.

Is he... going to have a wife?

Concubine Ye grabbed his arm, feeling unreal for a moment, "Shen'er, you, you really want to marry Miss Bai?"

Lu Rongshen nodded his head blankly.

Seeing his stupid look, Concubine Ye felt anxious and worried. She couldn't help but look at Ye Qi below. Ye Qi saw the worry on his daughter's face and nodded calmly, signaling her to calm down. Don't be impatient.

On the other side, Bai Yi's face also showed no joy.

It was clear that he had just been granted a marriage by the Holy Spirit, but he looked bitter and resentful. The officials around him congratulated him, but he ignored them.

Bai Qingyu calmly accepted the looks from all directions. She picked up the teacup and drank tea. When she raised her head, she looked at Lu Rongshen inadvertently from the corner of her eye.

The young-looking Eighth Prince was still in a daze, his eyes were round and big, like the little brown bear she had caught in the Western Region, showing pure naivety.

The leader of Yu State was also unhappy and took Yu Kui back to his seat.

Emperor Hongjia rewarded Yu Kui with a set of pure gold screens as compensation, but Yu Kui thanked him coldly.

The leader of the Duan Kingdom raised a toast to the leader of the Yu State, "Don't be discouraged, Lord Yu. With Prince Xuan's talent, he will surely find his perfect match."

Lord Yu's face softened a little, and he raised his glass in return, "Then let me take advantage of Lord Duan's auspicious words. It's not easy for me to find the one I love. It's a pity, it's a pity."

Yu Kui clenched his fists and stared at Bai Qingyu darkly, feeling extremely angry.

He was a hundred times better than the eighth prince of the Lu Kingdom. Bai Qingyu, a stinky woman, had no good intentions. If his father had not asked him to marry this woman, thereby controlling his father and taking the Western Territory into his pocket, he would not have suffered this humiliation.

She's just an old woman who can't get married. He condescended to ask her to marry her. She should be grateful for how dare she reject him and choose that loser.

Yu Kui gritted his teeth and the veins on his neck were prominent.

When the leader of the Yu Kingdom saw it, he put down his tea cup and said in a voice that only two people could hear: "Kui'er, pay attention to your behavior. You have to go out to participate in the finals later. Don't let others laugh."

Yu Kui: "My son is not convinced."

The leader of the State of Yu patted him on the shoulder, "It's useless if you don't accept it. This is the Lu State, and we can't afford to offend him."

"Put away the anger on your face. It's just a failure of the plan. It's no big deal."

Yu Kui's eyes were fierce and his voice came out from between his teeth, "That Bai Qingyu made Er Chen so embarrassed. If I don't teach her a lesson, it will be difficult for me to swallow this breath."

"Just give him a small lesson. It won't end well if it gets too big."

"knew."

While the two were talking, the second round of archery had also ended, and the first place was Shi Geng, the crown prince of the State of Shi.

Emperor Hongjia rewarded Shi Geng with a treasure as usual.

Immediately afterwards, the third, fourth, fifth and sixth rounds ended one after another.