Chapter 96

After Chu Yuan came out and saw that King Qi was not there, he nodded lightly at Lu Ronghuai.

"Fu Qing, father allows you to come in."

Lu Ronghuai glanced at the solemn Golden Scale Guards around him with his peripheral vision, and when he walked towards Chu Yuan, his voice fell quickly and softly.

"Stay in the palace and replace Zhengqing."

Fu Qing straightened the brim of his bamboo hat, straightened his back and walked into the hall.

"What did he tell you?" Lu Ronghuai raised his arms and pulled Chu Yuan into his arms. When they got along in private, Chu Yuan found that his attitude towards Emperor Hongjia was very bad, and he would even omit the honorific.

Chu Yuan hugged his waist, rested her head on his chest in front of the public, and whispered back: "Your Majesty, will the Chu State intervene in the battle in the Western Region?"

Lu Ronghuai lowered his head and kissed the top of his hair, "No."

"The last time your scumbag father had a secret conversation with the emperor, he should have reached some consensus of interests. At least in the short term, he will not be at odds with the Lu Kingdom."

"Oh." Chu Yuan rubbed his face, unable to hide the disappointment on his face.

"What's wrong?" Lu Ronghuai could tell from the moment he left the palace that he was in a bad mood, but because of Fu Qing's presence just now, he couldn't ask more questions.

Chu Yuan listened to the steady heartbeat in his ears, beating vigorously through his chest. He raised his hand to touch Lu Ronghuai's heart, feeling the vitality under his palm, and the corners of his lips curled up.

"It's okay. My father asked me to keep in touch with the Lord of Chu, but I won't."

"Ignore him, let's go back."

"Your Majesty, I want to eat jujube cake tonight." Chu Yuan raised her head and looked at him with shining eyes.

Lu Ronghuai couldn't help but nodded with laughter, and at the same time he was slightly puzzled, "Why are you so sore recently? You used to love sweet things."

"It's so sour and appetizing. I can eat two bowls of rice in one meal now." Chu Yuan proudly raised two fingers, looking like he was begging for praise.

Lu Ronghuai lowered his head and bit the tip of his thin white finger, causing Chu Yuan to scream in surprise.

"My baby is awesome. The more he eats, the more he will gain weight. He will be more comfortable to hold." Lu Ronghuai said and specially picked him up and bumped him.

"It's still too gentle. Let's go back and ask the doctor to give you a dietary supplement. The previous method doesn't seem to be effective quickly." He put down the person and held his hand instead, and the two of them walked side by side out of the palace.

Chu Yuan raised his hand and touched his lower abdomen, "My lord, you know how to lie to others. My stomach has been bulging these past few days. Music books say I have gained some weight."

"Really?" Lu Ronghuai followed his words and looked at Chu Yuan's belly.

In his opinion, it was still flat and tight there. He put his hands up and touched around, and saw Chu Yuan staring at him obediently and harmlessly, as if waiting for his answer.

Lu Ronghuai touched the tip of his tongue to the roof of his mouth, and suddenly smiled, "Ah Yuan seems to be a little rounder here."

"..." Chu Yuan suppressed her smile and stopped to look at him, "Does the prince also think that I am fat?"