Chapter 123

This evening.

Xian Yu walked into the courtyard carrying a white porcelain bowl. His steps were hurried, but his hands were steady, and not a drop of the soup in the bowl was spilled.

"Your Majesty." He knocked on the door.

Soon, Lu Ronghuai opened the door from the inside, took the bowl of minced meat custard, and closed the door again.

He walked back to the inner room. Chu Yuan was lying on the bed with her back to him, with a soft quilt around her waist. Her shoulders were rising and falling slightly in a regular manner, as if she was asleep.

But Lu Ronghuai knew that he was not sleeping.

After a long moment of silence, Lu Ronghuai sat on the edge of the bed. He placed the porcelain bowl on the low cabinet. The bottom of the bowl collided with the tabletop, making a soft crunching sound.

"Ayuan, would you like to eat something?"

There was no movement on the bed.

"You only had a few bites at noon, and you didn't eat dinner at all. You will be hungry and have a stomachache at night." The man's voice was low and hoarse, and his stern brows were filled with worry.

Chu Yuan still didn't speak.

"Baby, I was wrong." Lu Ronghuai took off his shoes and went to bed, hugged Chu Yuan, clamped Chu Yuan's calf tightly with his long legs, and buried his head in his neck, "You can hit me and scold me, but don't ignore me."

Chu Yuan struggled to turn over. He pushed Lu Ronghuai's head away and grabbed his cheek, his eyes cold.

"Where did the prince go wrong?"

"I shouldn't have gone to see him off." It didn't matter that Lu Ronghuai's face was grabbed. Seeing that Chu Yuan was finally willing to pay attention to him, his high-spirited heart finally fell to the ground.

"That's not right." Chu Yuan was not polite at all and pulled his face outward, changing the shape of his handsome face.

With that little kitten strength, Lu Ronghuai let him pull him, and even took the initiative to bring his face closer.

"Your Majesty, if you can't tell me what you did wrong tonight, go and sleep in the study." Chu Yuan gritted his teeth, the graceful curves of his jaw tightened, and his eyes were round and beautiful.

Still very cute.

Lu Ronghuai's Adam's apple slid up and down. He hugged Chu Yuan tightly and stroked his thin back with his big hands, "Don't be angry. I shouldn't have hidden it from A Yuan in advance. It's my fault."

"It turns out that the prince knows where he went wrong. He knowingly committed a crime and will be punished with an additional penalty. He will sleep in the study tonight." Chu Yuan withdrew his hand and announced coldly.

Lu Ronghuai: "??"

Why did he still sleep in the study after he confessed?

Lu Ronghuai tightly circled Chu Yuan like an octopus, his voice became more and more charming after being deliberately lowered, and he shamelessly used a beauty trick in front of Chu Yuan.

"I didn't mean to hide it, I just didn't know how to tell you."

"When did the prince know about it?" Chu Yuan didn't believe it and asked with a cold face.

"Half a month ago, my father told Fu Qing about this matter, and Fu Qing secretly sent a message to me."

"Half a month... The prince could have told me earlier, but he didn't tell me until my father announced in the morning that you would come back." Chu Yuan's eyelashes trembled, her breathing quickened slightly, and her face turned a little pale.