Chapter 5

The study was quiet for a while.

Zhao Lu's skin was dark, and he showed a somewhat honest smile at this moment, "My subordinates followed His Highness's previous instructions and made a lot of noise on the road, which confirmed His Highness's dissatisfaction with the marriage, so..."

"Tell me the important point." Lu Ronghuai raised his hand and pressed his temple.

"Oh, according to the observations of my subordinates, the princess was very honest during her journey and there was nothing unusual about her." Zhao Lu bared his teeth and smiled.

Xian Yu looked surprised, "Really?"

"I'm watching in person, how can it be fake? But it's not completely fruitless," Zhao Lu glanced at Lu Ronghuai, "The actions of other people along the way were not small."

"Have you caught anyone?" Cheng Zhi stroked his beard, his eyes flashing.

"Hmph, there's no reason why I can't catch him if I take action." Zhao Lu snorted coldly, feeling that this old man in gray robe was belittling his own strength.

"Those people used despicable methods, assassinating people in the dark, putting poison in vegetables, and putting poison in candles... But the princess was weak, either lethargic or coughing. She took more medicine than food along the way. I personally guarded the medicine and people. Let those people succeed."

"Speaking of the prince's concubine, he is a little strange. He never lets anyone light candles at night. I don't know why."

Lu Ronghuai's gaze paused, and he raised his eyes, his black eyes sharp and direct, "Are there any other abnormalities at night?"

Zhao Lu thought about it carefully and shook his head, "No."

"Does His Highness want to interrogate those people personally?" Cheng Zhi said.

"No need, except for those in the palace, there is no one else." Lu Ronghuai folded the letter in his hand and put it back again.

Cheng Zhi was shocked, "Could it be that more than one person was involved in this matter?"

Lu Ronghuai unfolded the white paper and laid it on the desk. He picked up the pen and heard a flash of sarcasm in his eyes.

"Of course, how could my good brothers stand by and watch such a lively event?"

Zhao Lu couldn't understand these twists and turns, scratched his head and said: "Didn't they arrange this marriage by themselves? Why are they blocking it inside?"

Seeing his honest look, Cheng Zhi shook his head and said nothing.

Lu Ronghuai was replying to the letter, and Xianfeng said on his behalf: "Has General Zhao forgotten the fate of His Highness's previous fiancées?"

"..." Zhao Lu was confused, "Didn't those few die of illness?"

Xianfeng: "How can there be such a coincidence in the world? Hasn't the general heard the rumors outside?"

Zhao Lu had heard of it, but never took it seriously. He was familiar with His Highness's character and scorned those rumors.

"Only a fool would believe those words. His Highness has been away from home all the time in the past few years and has never had any contact with those three people. How can he say that he is a wife?" Zhao Lu said.

Cheng Zhi had been silent until now, but now he suddenly smiled and said: "General Zhao has a cheerful personality, so naturally he won't care about these rumors, but don't underestimate the power of rumors."