Chapter 72

King Li and Princess Li disappeared in the deep forest.

Xianfeng dragged his injury and searched for an hour in the forest. Finally, he only found the horse. He rode back to the palace and reported to Emperor Hongjia.

Emperor Hongjia was shocked and sent three teams into the forest to look for him.

The guards found the body of a black bear that had been eaten by wild wolves, and found twenty-two more corpses two miles away. There were signs of fierce fighting. The two captains of the guards looked at each other, and saw solemnity in each other's eyes.

They searched nearby until dark, but could not find King Li and Princess Li.

The children of the Six Kingdoms heard that there was an assassin in the forest and no longer wanted to hunt. They rode horses and ran out of the forest to stay away from danger.

"Have you found it?" Lu Rongshen came over on horseback and asked anxiously.

The guard's head was covered with sweat, "Back to the Eighth Highness, not yet."

"I've been looking for them for three hours. There's no way there are no traces of these two living people. You guys should look more carefully."

The guard held up the torch with a bitter look on his face, "Your Majesty, the eighth highness, the humble servants are trying their best to search, but the forest is too big and the sky is dark, so it is really difficult to find."

"It's a pity that this Eucommia tree was cut down like this." Nie Siran bent down and picked up a piece of wood from the ground, and suddenly said.

Lu Rong rolled his eyes deeply, "Mr. Nie, you insist on coming here to find someone. Is this your attitude towards finding someone?"

Xianfeng had sharp eyes and walked over quickly, "Mr. Nie, can you take a look at the wood in your hand?"

Nie Siran smiled, "Okay."

Xianfeng checked the cross section of the broken wood. He walked to the tree Nie Siran was talking about, held a torch and searched for a long time, and finally found the other half of the broken wood.

He put the two broken pieces of wood together, his face filled with joy, "I found it, the mark made by the prince."

Lu Rongshen jumped off his horse and ran over quickly, "Where are you?"

Xianfeng looked solemn: "The mark left by the prince was deliberately destroyed."

Lu Rongshen: "What should we do now?"

"Does the mark left by your prince indicate the location?" Nie Siran asked.

Xian Shuang took it, identified it for a long time, and said, "It should be in the northwest."

Nie Siran nodded and said calmly: "Look over there, and pay more attention to your surroundings on the way."

Guard: "Your Highness, there are many ferocious beasts in the deep forests of the northwest. The mountains are high and the roads are narrow. It is very unsafe to go there at night. Please go look for them. Your Highness and Mr. Nie should return to the palace as soon as possible."

Lu Rongshen: "Let me prepare more torches, crossbows, and other self-defense weapons. Your Highness will accompany you."

"I'll go too." Nie Siran said at the right time.

Lu Rongshen looked at him strangely, "Mr. Nie is joining in the fun. He's not afraid of danger."

Nie Siran smiled brightly, "I want to experience a night tour in the mountains and forests, looking for excitement."