Chapter 148

When the news of the destruction of the Yu Kingdom came back to the Lu Kingdom, it was already the New Year.

The people were still immersed in the lively atmosphere of the festival, and soon they heard that King Li did not return to the Western Region to celebrate the New Year, but instead led his troops to sweep across the Kingdom of Shi, invincible.

After Lu Ronghuai occupied two cities, he sent Yu Kui's head to Lord Shi. Lord Shi was frightened and fled overnight.

At the same time, the news that Princess Li had defeated Shi's army in the western border was also spread back to Ye Jing.

The discussion about Chu Yuan in Ye Jing even overshadowed that of Lu Ronghuai.

The unparalleled princess was not only outstanding in literary talent, but also capable of leading troops in battles and winning victories thousands of miles away.

King Li is so lucky.

For a time, there were endless rumors about the two people in Beijing, which once again set off a craze.

The common people do not understand the current situation and are happy every day, but the officials in Yejing live in fear.

Especially the growing party of four princes, after seeing Lu Ronghuai and Chu Yuan's repeated military exploits, they were as anxious as ants on a hot pot and couldn't even sleep for a whole night.

If the fight continues, Lu Ronghuai will have more and more soldiers, and his prestige in the hearts of the people will also rise. In addition, Lu Rongze is in poor health, and King Li is ambitious. They are afraid that those in the court will directly stand up and make Lu Ronghuai the emperor. .

After some discussion, they went to Lu Rongze, hoping that he would give an order for King Li and Princess Li to withdraw their troops and return to Ye Jing.

While there is still room for maneuver in the situation, it is the safest way to recall people to Ye Jing. Let King Li come back first, and then they will find a way to control him.

They were thinking about Lu Rongze, and they were planning for themselves.

These people have all offended Lu Ronghuai. If Lu Ronghuai ascends to the throne, their career will be over.

They tried their best to stop Lu Ronghuai, but to their surprise, Lu Rongze didn't care. No matter what they said, Lu Rongze ignored them and didn't even let them in through the palace gate.

Everyone waited for several hours and finally left disappointed.

At this moment, Emperor Hongjia, who had been in a coma for several months, suddenly woke up. Concubine Xu changed out of her beautiful clothes and went to see him dressed plainly.

An hour later, she came to Lu Rongze's bedroom again.

Lu Rongze's health was so bad that he couldn't get out of bed. Concubine Xu retired and walked to the bed with lotus steps.

She looked at Lu Rongze, who was standing tall on the bed, and her beautiful eyebrows were still wrinkled uncontrollably, but they quickly relaxed when the person on the bed opened his eyes.

"Your father is awake." Her face was calm, but the excited trembling voice at the end of the words still betrayed her mood at this time.

Lu Rongze raised the corners of his lips tiredly. He seemed to want to smile, but he was too weak to even move the corners of his lips.

Concubine Xu only saw the corner of his mouth move. She thought Lu Rongze wanted to speak, so she reached out and patted his chest, "Concubine, I know what you want to say. Don't worry, your father has just relaxed and promised to pass the throne to you." ."