Chapter 88

The conspiracy between the Six Kingdoms and the Western Qiang is not a trivial matter. Lu Ronghuai informed Xianfeng to ask Xibian Xinzhuang to investigate thoroughly and be sure to find the person who conspired with the Western Qiang.

Lu Ronghuai: "Has the news reached Ye Jing?"

Xianfeng: "No, our people will go first. The messenger will hurry up and it will take another four days."

Lu Ronghuai frowned, "When Bai Yi returned to Beijing, he left his capable lieutenant to station in the western border. If any movement of the Xiqiang was discovered, Ye Jing should be notified immediately. Now that the border defense has been breached, the news has not yet been sent. Among them, there is What's the problem?"

Xianfeng: "Master's guess is good. According to our people, there is a traitor in the Western Territory garrison. General Bai died in the camp. The army is leaderless and has been defeated one after another."

traitor......

There was a long silence in the house.

"Ayuan." Lu Ronghuai called.

Chu Yuan came back to her senses and looked at him. Lu Ronghuai smiled at him with gentle eyes.

"Eat first, the noodles are getting cold."

Chu Yuan couldn't bear to eat it. His mind was filled with the war in the Western Region, but he understood what Lu Ronghuai meant and didn't want to worry about it.

He picked up the chopsticks and ate the noodles one bite at a time.

Lu Ronghuai stared at him and ate less than half of the bowl, then he was satisfied and turned to inform Xianfeng: "Send a message to Xianyue and tell Bai Yi the news."

"yes."

"Give him a message. Tell him not to participate in the war in the Western Region. Find a way to let Fang Xinhai lead the troops to fight."

Although Xianfeng didn't understand, he never asked too much and turned to leave.

"Why doesn't the prince let General Bai go?" Chu Yuan asked.

Looking at the entire Lu Kingdom, there is no second general who is more familiar with the Western Region than Bai Yi. Even if he has handed over military power, Emperor Hongjia will definitely let him go.

"If Bai Yi leads troops, Bai Qingyu will definitely follow, and Xiaoba... maybe he will follow too."

Lu Ronghuai explained, but did not tell him the real reason.

There was also war in the Western Territory in his last life, but it was three years later. Now that the war has been brought forward, he is not sure whether the ending will change.

If nothing changes, then Bai Yi will suffer losses in this battle in the Western Region.

Fortunately, he wrote a letter asking Bai Yi to return to Beijing early. If he did not go to the Western Region, he should be able to avoid this disaster.

Chu Yuan suddenly realized, "The prince is originally worried about his eighth brother. They will get married in three months. During this period, there are still various matters that need to be taken care of. My father will not let General Bai go on an expedition."

Lu Ronghuai couldn't deny it, "Father doesn't care about this. He only has his own interests in mind and never cares about what others think."

Seeing his cold expression, Chu Yuan was stunned for a moment, and then suddenly remembered that it was Emperor Hongjia's order that he would marry her.