Chapter 3

In the late twelfth lunar month of winter, the north wind was howling, the sky was filled with dark clouds, and heavy snow was about to fall.

Han Zheng waited for half an hour, but when no one came, he was completely frustrated.

He walked up to Zhao Lu with a sigh and said with a vicissitude in his tone, "General Zhao, let's escort the third prince's concubine into the city."

Zhao Lu looked gloating, "I told you to go in directly, but I didn't listen."

Han Zheng gritted his teeth angrily, "General Zhao really doesn't mind seeing the excitement. This is your master's wedding, and no one else is here. Wouldn't it be a joke to the whole city?"

Zhao Lu shrugged indifferently, hugged his beloved sword and said, "This is not the first day you have met our Highness. If anyone offends him, he will pay back double the amount."

His Highness is arrogant and unruly, and goes his own way. This time, the emperor issued an order, and the master cannot resist the order. He suffers a heavy loss. Not to mention how unhappy he is, why do he still welcome the bride?

Zhao Lu thought that his master could kill this sickly princess with just one finger.

What a pity for that beautiful face.

Zhao Lu clicked his tongue twice in his heart.

Soon, the team was integrated and headed towards the city in a mighty manner.

Zhao Lu and Han Zheng rode on horseback to clear the way, and the officials followed in turn. The soldiers walked on both sides of the sedan chair, holding spears to prevent accidents.

The welcoming procession was spectacular, the sound of gongs, drums and firecrackers was deafening. Many people soon gathered on both sides of the wide and neat Yejing Avenue to watch the excitement.

"What a magnificent carriage, so beautiful."

"Look, when a prince of a country marries, the dowry is only ten cars?"

"Why didn't you see His Highness the Third Prince?"

"Hey, His Highness doesn't want to marry at all. You don't even know that?"

"I heard that on the day of the wedding, His Highness didn't even accept the imperial edict and left with a sullen face."

"real or fake?"

"Of course it's true. A distant relative of mine is working in the palace. He saw it with his own eyes. How can it be false?"

"Then this prince's concubine is miserable."

"Men should study and make progress. How can they be confined to the back house? It's ridiculous."

The comments from the people around him poured into the sedan chair like a tide.

Chu Yuan sat upright, his back straight, his hands were cold under his wide-sleeved robe, and there was no emotion between his beautiful and gentle brows. He closed his eyes, his eyelashes drooped, and his long eyelashes cast a shadow on his eyelids.

The procession was supposed to circle the city to show off the royal style, but the groom was not there and it was getting late. Han Zheng was responsible for organizing the wedding and had been busy for several months. He was so exhausted that he simply sent the person directly to the door of the Third Prince's Mansion. .

If you turn in your work early, you'll be done with it early.

The Third Prince's Mansion is located in Mingguang Lane, northwest of Yejing Avenue. The band beat gongs and drums all the way to bring the sedan chair to the door. The palace steward and everyone had been waiting for it for a long time.