Chapter 143

The Yu State instigated the Shi State to attack the Lu State, and Lu Lingshuang also played a role that could not be ignored. Once the news spread, it swept across the Lu State in an instant.

Eventually it reached the ears of Emperor Hongjia.

The emperor was furious.

The common people were also calling Princess Lu Lingshuang a cruel person.

Lu Ronghuai received an imperial edict from Emperor Hongjia at the end of June. Lu Lingshuang was not worthy of being the princess of the Lu Kingdom, and he was asked to lead an army to capture Lu Lingshuang back to Yejing and hand him over to Dali Temple for severe punishment.

The person delivering the edict was a little different this time.

It was actually Eunuch Yuansheng, the most trusted person around Emperor Hongjia, who came in person.

In the study, Yuan Sheng put down the tea cup in his hand and looked at King Li with a kind smile.

"Your Majesty was very happy when he learned that the prince was happy to have a son. He ordered the old slave to bring three boxes of royal gifts as a token of appreciation for the young prince."

Lu Ronghuai nodded calmly, "Father is interested."

There was no fault in the smile on Yuan Sheng's face, and his attitude was even more humble and polite, "Your Majesty, I heard that the young prince is smart and cute, can you take a look at the young prince?"

Lu Ronghuai knew that he was entrusted by Emperor Hongjia to see if the child was real or fake.

Lu Ronghuai's eyes flashed with amusement, his thin lips curled up lightly, and he shouted outside the study, "Okay, Xianfeng, go and bring the young prince over."

Xianfeng came back quickly.

He handed Lu Duduo to Lu Ronghuai and returned to guard outside the house.

Lu Duduo was sleeping just now. Xianfeng held him firmly and didn't wake up all the way here.

But he's awake now.

Lu Ronghuai stretched out his hand and pinched his little nose, and then let go when the little guy squirmed unconsciously. After repeating this several times, Lu Yuduo opened his dark, watery eyes.

He didn't cry when he was woken up, but his black eyes stared motionlessly at Lu Ronghuai.

Lu Ronghuai raised his eyebrows and said, "We have a guest. Give the guest a smile."

Lu Duduo's face was expressionless.

"Oh, the young prince looks so good, he looks so much like the prince." Yuan Sheng ran over at a leisurely pace and got closer to take a closer look at Lu Duduo. After seeing the child's face clearly, the surprise in his eyes flashed away.

This child not only looks like King Li, but also looks a bit like Princess Li.

He blinked again.

Yuansheng looked at the child's face, his heart pounding.

"Grandpa, look carefully. Who does his nose and mouth look like?" Lu Ronghuai chuckled.

Yuan Sheng looked at Lu Ronghuai's face and said after careful consideration: "Excuse me for being dazzled, the young prince's jade-like little face is somewhat similar to Princess Li."

Lu Ronghuai nodded with satisfaction, "My father-in-law still has very good eyesight."

Yuan Sheng has been in the palace for so long and has never seen anything like this. He has always been able to please people with his words, but today he was almost speechless.