Chapter 87

Lu Ronghuai postponed his return to Beijing for two days and took Chu Yuan to visit Pingcheng.

They tasted all the delicacies in Pingcheng, walked around the streets and alleys, and even went for an outing in the countryside to fly kites.

Lu Ronghuai arrested corrupt officials and profiteers in Pingcheng, emptied all the fortunes of the profiteers, found the land deeds from the profiteers, and at Chu Yuan's suggestion, returned the fields to the people.

Each of these profiteers was extremely rich. Lu Ronghuai extracted three million taels of silver from them and distributed them to the people and refugees in Pingcheng, so that the suffering people could rebuild their homes and live a good life.

Finally, on the day of departure, all the people in Pingcheng gathered in the streets to see them off.

There were people standing on both sides. The people were simple and enthusiastic. Knowing that King Li was leaving, they all brought a lot of fruits and vegetables from their homes for them to take with them to eat on the road.

Xian Yu shouted outside, telling them not to send it away, but the people didn't listen at all. Many people threw things on the carriage. After the carriage had traveled half a mile, the carriage had piled up into a hill.

What's even more exaggerated is that someone even threw a live rooster up.

Xian Yu held the rooster and shouted, "Your Majesty, what should I do?"

Lu Ronghuai lifted the car curtain to take a look, curled his lips and said, "Keep it and give it to the farmers when you pass the village on the way."

"good."

The car curtain was lowered again, Xian Yu looked at Xian Shuang, who was riding beside him, and waved to him.

Xian Shuang looked at him condescendingly and rode over.

"Hey, have you seen this scene before?" He covered his mouth, pointed at the people around him, and asked Xian Shuang in a low voice.

Xian Shuang glanced at the mountains of gifts piled on the carriage board and shook her head silently.

Xian Yu: "In the past, wherever we followed the prince, we would be scolded. Don't tell us to send us off. We would be so frightened when we saw him from afar."

Xian Yu was filled with emotion when she talked about the sad past.

Xian Shuang did not agree, but he also agreed with Xian Yu's words in his heart.

The prince's reputation was extremely bad before. Even if they came back from a victorious battle, no one would come to welcome or congratulate them.

Xian Yu: "Speaking of which, the reason why the prince's reputation is bad has to do with those people in the capital. Now that we are out of the capital, the people are not stupid. The prince is helping them, and they are grateful."

"Um."

"Wow, Xian Shuang, I actually want to cry." Xian Yu saw the people waving to them, with a happy smile on his face, but his nose was a little sore.

There is a feeling of being able to watch the clouds open and see the moonlight, and the joy comes after all the hardships.

Xian Shuang: "..."

He was about to ride away when Xianyu grabbed his trousers.

"I haven't finished speaking yet, why are you running away?" Xian Yu glared at him.

Xian Shuang sighed, "What else do you want to say?"

"I want to say that it's great that the prince can marry the princess." He glanced at the carriage with the curtains closed behind him, and a smile appeared on his delicate face.