Chapter 93

"Your Majesty, Duke Liu Guo is outside asking for an audience." Xianfeng stood at the door of Fujuyuan and shouted inward.

Lu Ronghuai lazily answered, and after a while, he led Chu Yuan out.

Chu Yuan had two candied haws left in his hand. He looked at the candied haws and wanted to finish them all, so he said to Lu Ronghuai, "Your Majesty, I won't go."

Lu Ronghuai refused, and insisted on taking him there, "I'll make some pocket money for you."

Chu Yuan was led to the front hall by him in confusion.

Liu Guogong and Liu Mingyue were waiting in the hall. An old man and a young man were sitting there drinking tea with calm faces. Xian Yu, as the palace steward, was accompanying them.

"Your Majesty." When Liu Guogong saw him coming, he stood up and saluted leisurely, and then looked at Chu Yuan with a deep look, "Xiaoyun was ignorant and offended the princess. I apologize to the princess on her behalf and ask the princess to forgive her behavior. "

Lu Ronghuai responded directly, "Isn't she sensible? I think she has no brains."

Liu Mingyue smiled and smoothed things over, "Your Majesty, Yun'er did something wrong in this matter. If your Majesty has any requests, please feel free to ask for anything. The Liu family will never shirk."

"It's just that Yun'er is still a woman who hasn't left the imperial court after all. It doesn't sound good to be detained in Prince Li's Mansion. Please be lenient."

"It's not impossible to take her away, but it depends on the sincerity of your Liu family." Lu Ronghuai squeezed Chu Yuan's fingers and said lazily.

Liu Mingyue looked at Liu Guogong.

How could Duke Liu Guo not understand what Lu Ronghuai meant? He said in a deep voice: "Ming Yue, go and prepare five thousand taels of silver to buy candied haws for the princess."

Just as Liu Mingyue was about to respond, she heard Lu Ronghuai sneer in a moderate tone.

Liu Guogong raised his old eyelids and narrowed his eyes slightly, "Prepare another five thousand taels, please accept it with the princess's approval."

Lu Ronghuai clicked his tongue and turned to look at Chu Yuan with a smile. He raised his hand and rubbed the top of Chu Yuan's hair, saying with pity, "My baby has suffered such a great injustice today. Liu Guogong only has 10,000 taels." , it's really heart-breaking."

Chu Yuan blinked his bright eyes and almost stopped laughing.

There was already a look of displeasure in Liu Guogong's eyes, "Your Majesty, why don't you report the number directly? I don't have the energy to chat with Your Majesty here."

"Is Duke Liu Guo busy?" Lu Ronghuai suddenly changed the subject.

Liu Guogong looked over sideways, "Unlike the prince, I am blessed to live idle. I have to assist your majesty in handling state affairs every day. As soon as I left the palace today, I heard that Xiaoyun was imprisoned in the palace by the prince, so I rushed over immediately."

Lu Ronghuai held up his chin and looked at Liu Guogong with a half-smile, "It's true that he is very busy, but at Liu Guogong's age, he should have spent his old age at home and entertained his grandchildren. Sometimes if you work for a long time, it is easy to get into trouble. Liu Guogong, what do you think? Woolen cloth?"

Liu Guogong raised his head with an unfathomable smile, "King Li has been away from the capital for a long time. He may not know that Prime Minister Nie has resigned. Your Majesty now has one less capable minister. It is the time for the government to employ people. Even if the old minister wants to retire, your Majesty will not I will agree easily."