Chapter 106

"Master Su, you also participated in the construction of the Taoist temple. Please come out and say a few words." someone shouted.

Emperor Hongjia: "Shilang Su, I heard Lao San say before that you have the account book, right?"

Su Ruhe came out, cupped his hands and said, "Your Majesty, the account book is indeed with me."

"Did King Li really embezzle silver?" Xu Mengshan, the Minister of Household Affairs, asked quickly.

Su Ruhe lowered his eyebrows and said in a very honest and honest manner: "I don't know."

"You... you have the account book in your hand, and I will inform you of all the money expenditures. How could you not know? Or are you trying to protect King Li?"

Su Ruhe: "Your Majesty, I am not familiar with the prince. At first, I went to the palace to see the prince several times for reconciliation, but the prince was obsessed with the beauty of the princess and ignored me. I later stopped going."

Everyone: "?"

It sounds outrageous at first, but becomes even more outrageous upon closer inspection.

Lu Ronghuai showed a satisfied smile and raised his head, "Look, Mr. Su knows that I am so beautiful. As for corruption, how much money do I need?"

Emperor Hongjia: "..."

Emperor Hongjia said with a straight face, "You are so lustful, do you still have the nerve to say it?"

Lu Ronghuai waved his sleeves and said, "I have to be pretty alone. Isn't it worth mentioning that I am so single-minded? Unlike them, I go to Goulan Courtyard very diligently."

The civil and military officials of the Manchu Dynasty: "..."

"Do you have Mr. Su's account book with you?" Emperor Hongjia turned away his eyes with a headache and looked at Su Ruhe who was silent.

Su Ruhe took out the account book from his sleeve and presented it to the emperor.

Emperor Hongjia flipped through it and nodded with satisfaction, "Master Su remembers this account well. It is clearly organized and clear at a glance. You can also take a look at it. Every account here is clear, including the purchase of wood. Good golden nanmu."

"That means that when I asked Shilang Su to keep accounts, I was sure that he was reliable. I think I have good eyesight." Lu Ronghuai asked Emperor Hongjia.

Emperor Hongjia: "Shut up."

They've all been impeached, and they're still here, shameless.

Xu Mengshan: "If golden nanmu was really used, how could it collapse before it was even built?"

"Someone must have enriched their own pockets and used inferior goods as good ones."

Lu Ronghuai applauded, "That's good, I think so too."

Xu Mengshan turned his head angrily.

While everyone was quarreling, someone quickly came outside the palace. He was the captain of the Golden Scale Guard, who was ordered by the emperor to go to the Taoist temple to investigate the situation.

"What's going on?" Emperor Hongjia asked hurriedly.

Chief of Guard: "Your Majesty, the Taoist temple did collapse, crushing more than a hundred people to death."

The ministers immediately exploded.

"There are more than a hundred people, this is a big deal."

"Yes, I smashed so many people to death. How can I explain it now?"