Chapter 18

Lu Ronghuai woke up from his dream again.

Feeling the familiar pain in his heart, he took a breath and stood up from the bed.

Xianfeng heard the movement in the house and asked softly outside the door, "Master, are you awake?"

"Well, tell Xian Yue to wait for me in the study." Lu Ronghuai picked up the clothes on the hanger, put them on himself, and went out under the moonlight.

When the crescent moon arrived in the study, Yin Shi had just passed.

"My subordinate has met the prince." Xian Yue was dressed in black, with the air-conditioning of the winter night still on her body.

He has been operating in the dark all year round, responsible for collecting intelligence information, and holds the handle on many people.

Lu Ronghuai pressed his temples and asked expressionlessly: "Did you find out anything about what I asked you to do on the wedding day?"

Xian Yue reported back, "My subordinates sneaked into the Chu Palace and could only find out the princess's past experiences before she was ten years old. After the queen burned herself in the palace, the Chu King blocked the news and executed all the palace guards and eunuchs. What exactly happened that year, my subordinates were incompetent and did not find out."

"Even Xian Yue couldn't find out the news. It seems that there must be some ulterior secret in it." Xian Feng guessed.

"My lord, the princess met with the leader of the Chu Kingdom before setting off," Xian Yue glanced at Lu Ronghuai and continued: "The leader of the Chu Kingdom asked the princess to spy on you and send the news back to the Chu Kingdom."

Xian Yu looked at Lu Ronghuai, feeling a little nervous.

Lu Ronghuai changed his hand and continued to rub his temples. There was a sudden pain in his forehead, but his expression was still calm. If his concentration was not much better than ordinary people, the headaches that would occur from time to time would be enough to drive people crazy.

However, right now, not only did he have a headache, but his heart also hurt.

The old diseases have not been cured yet, and new stubborn diseases have appeared. It is true that misfortunes never come singly.

"Why are you nervous? Are you afraid that the king will kill the princess?"

Xian Yu smiled and said, "I know you will not do this. Besides, the princess has a pure nature. I feel that the princess will not agree to the request of the leader of the Chu Kingdom."

Xian Yue didn't understand Chu Yuan, so he raised his eyes with a calm gaze, "How long have you known the princess? If he deliberately deceived and concealed it, you would have been fooled by now."

"Xian Yue, after you meet the princess, you will naturally agree with me." Xian Yu said sincerely.

"It's been less than a month and you've been treating him like this. What kind of ecstasy soup did he pour into you?" Lu Ronghuai sat there motionless and said indifferently.

"No, no, my subordinates are all for you, but I think that if the princess has not conveyed the news to the outside world, then we cannot wrongly accuse a good person."

Xian Yu said this not only to Lu Ronghuai, but also to Xian Yue.

There are secret guards in every corner of the palace. If Chu Yuan made any changes, he would have reported it to Lu Ronghuai as soon as possible. However, this month, Chu Yuan has been very quiet.