Chapter 131

In a blink of an eye, it's the twenty-ninth day of the twelfth lunar month.

Chu Yuan was looking forward to Lu Ronghuai's return every day, and before he knew it, he had collected a whole box of letters from home.

After entering the twelfth lunar month, perhaps due to the intensification of the war, the number of pages of letters written by Lu Ronghuai decreased. Sometimes, while reading a letter, the handwriting at the back suddenly became scrawled, and the writing returned to normal at the end, as if something happened midway and he had no choice but to temporarily Stop writing.

That afternoon, Nie Siran, who had been away for nearly three months, returned to Xiangcheng before the city gate closed.

Not only that.

He also brought someone back with him.

"What's going on?" Jiang Ni grabbed Su Ruhe's hands wrapped like rice dumplings. He looked at the elegant and clean young man in front of him, "Why are you injured like this?"

Su Ruhe pursed his lips. Faced with Jiang Ni's concern, he didn't know how to respond.

Nie Siran saw his nervousness, stretched out his hand to pull him over, and said proactively: "When we were in Yancheng, we went to the shelter to distribute corn and winter clothes. The wall collapsed. He broke both hands trying to save a three-year-old child. "

"Ouch, the injury is so serious. Come on, let me have a look." Jiang Ni asked Su Ruhe to sit down and took off the gauze to check again.

Jiang Ni: "This medicine doesn't work. It's slow. I'll refill the medicine for you. Please wait for me for a while."

Su Ruhe: "Thank you..."

Before he finished speaking, Jiang Ni added: "Xu Xing, go to the kitchen and ask the cook to make a big pot of bone soup and stew it overnight for Xiao Su to drink in the morning."

The two people talked and left the hall together, without giving Su Ruhe a chance to speak.

There were only three of them left in the room.

Chu Yuan sat on the chair. He propped up his chin and looked at Nie Siran with a bright smile, "Brother, Mr. Su is now the prefect of Yancheng. You kidnapped people to your home. No one is in charge of Yancheng. You have to be responsible."

Nie Siran's eyebrows were relaxed, and he leaned back on the chair to drink tea leisurely, "No problem, I promise to give them a plump and fat prefect next year."

Su Ruhe: "..."

Chu Yuan: "Master Su, will you celebrate the New Year with us this year?"

Su Ruhe nodded.

Nie Siran smiled melodiously, "We must celebrate the New Year together. It was only through my persuasion that I convinced him to come back with me."

There was no expression on Su Ruhe's face. He asked Chu Yuan seriously without even looking at Nie Siran.

"When will the princess be born?"

Chu Yuan curled her lips, "Maybe around the Lantern Festival."

Jiang Ni told him that due to the special constitution of men, children are basically mature at eight months and can be born in nine months.

Su Ruhe smiled slightly.

A large part of the reason why he agreed to Nie Siran's coming to Xiangcheng was because he learned that Chu Yuan was here.

"Can I wait until the princess gives birth to the baby before leaving?" Su Ruhe turned his head and asked hesitantly.

He was very curious about the baby Chu Yuan was carrying.