Chapter 141

On the second day of May, the crescent moon and crescent rain came to Sangcheng.

Chu Yuan specially asked the chef of the mansion to cook a table of delicious food. When the two of them sat down on the chairs, they were a little flattered.

"Princess, this is inappropriate." Xian Yue stood up twice but was pushed back again.

Chu Yuan smiled, "You two have worked hard these days, especially Xianyue. Is the wound on your arm feeling better?"

For the first time, there was a shy look on Xian Yue's face, and he quickly replied: "It has recovered. Thank you for your concern, Princess."

"There's so much blood. Eat more later and make up for it." Chu Yuan smiled, turned around and handed the small dumpling in her arms to Xian Yu, who had been staring at it for a long time.

Xian Yu was in a hurry for a while, but with Chu Yuan's help, he learned to hold the child correctly.

Holding the little prince in his arms, he took small steps back to Xian Yue and sat down, so excited that he could not speak incoherently.

"Look, look, the little prince... is so cute... I'm holding him... so cute..."

Xian Yue was talking to Xian Feng, and when she saw his useless look, she laughed and mocked, "I know the young prince is very cute, but can you be a little promising?"

Xian Shuang helped bring the dishes in. When he heard this question, he calmly took the child from Xian Yu's arms and transferred the little prince to Xian Yue's arms without hesitation.

Crescent Moon: "!!!"

He took a breath, and the smile on his face disappeared instantly. He didn't dare to move his arms, and he stuttered: "No, no, no, no..."

Xian Shuang: "Isn't it cute?"

Crescent Moon: "Coco..."

Xian Shuang: "Are you nervous?"

Xianyue's neck was stiff, "tight..."

Xian Shuang didn't wait for him to finish his words, and then said: "The way you are now, you are even more hopeless."

Crescent Moon: "............"

Xian Yu laughed so hard that he slapped the table.

Jokes aside, the two of them came together to look at Xiaotuanzi and touch Xiaotuanzi's little face.

Xiaotuanzi is good-looking, has a heart-melting sweetness when he smiles, and is not afraid of strangers, so he easily won the love of the two of them.

The two thought they would have a lot of free time to entertain the young prince in the days to come, but the next day, they were thrown to the Lucheng military camp by King Li.

There are only 50,000 soldiers guarding the city in Lucheng. Lu Ronghuai and Bai Yi currently have no military power in their hands. The Xiqiang are now peaceful and there is no war in the western border. However, the soldiers still have to train every day. After Lu Ronghuai came, the training became more difficult. The number doubled, and the soldiers wailed and complained endlessly.

Emperor Hongjia issued an imperial edict urging him to return to Beijing, but Lu Ronghuai still ignored it and didn't care how the court would impeach him. He went back and forth between Sangcheng and Lucheng as usual every day. Although he didn't say it explicitly, Chu Yuan had roughly guessed it in his mind.

Sure enough, in late May, Shi Guo sent troops to invade.

The horns on the towers of Lucheng City were blown, and smoke was lit on the beacon tower. The war was about to break out.