Chapter 39

In the early morning, Lu Ronghuai rode up to court with Xianfeng and others copying the scriptures overnight.

When he arrived at the Qianzheng Hall, Emperor Hongjia was still the same as before. He would never arrive early before the time, and would even delay for a while.

The ministers were a little bored waiting, talking in twos and threes.

Lu Ronghuai glanced over, and those who were secretly peeping and sizing him immediately retracted, pretending to talk warmly to his colleagues.

Lu Ronghuai didn't take it seriously. He walked leisurely and walked to King Qi's side.

When King Qi saw him coming, his expression tightened and his voice became deep, "What do you want to do?"

Lu Ronghuai smiled brightly, "As my brother said, I haven't seen you for several days and I miss you very much."

King Qi almost yelled, it was not because of him that he could not go to court these days, but he actually had the nerve to mention it!

King Qi choked back his dirty words and blew out a heavy puff of white air from his nostrils, "Stop pretending to be a good person here, I don't want to talk to you."

Lu Ronghuai: "Yes, I actually don't want to talk to you."

King Qi: "Then come back!"

Lu Ronghuai: "But then I thought about it. I like to see my eldest brother deflated, so I came here to watch the excitement."

King Qi's serious face turned the color of pig liver.

"Your Majesty has arrived!" the eunuch's high-pitched voice sounded, and everyone hurriedly straightened their heads and returned to their seats.

After Lu Ronghuai admired King Qi's expression, he walked to stand behind King Qi and kindly reminded him.

"Brother, you'd better control your expression, it looks... not very good-looking."

King Qi was so angry that his lungs exploded.

It's amazing that his face looks so good! This bastard almost caused him to freeze to death, and now he was talking in a strange manner. King Qi took several deep breaths and clenched his fists loudly.

He thought of his mother's advice to him, and temporarily suppressed the hatred in his heart.

A good man never suffers immediate losses. As long as he keeps his composure, he can achieve great things.

Emperor Hongjia arrived late, and was helped to the seat by Eunuch Yuansheng. After taking a few breaths, he slowly sat upright, his face looking a little pale.

Liu Guogong was the first to stand up and asked with concern: "Your Majesty, is your dragon body unwell?"

Emperor Hongjia waved his hand and coughed, "I caught a cold last night. I took pills when I woke up in the morning. I'm much better now. Don't worry, my dear."

Liu Guogong said a few more words, to the general effect of advising the emperor to take care of the dragon's body and not to work too hard. Then he expressed his worries and concerns, and his words were very touching.

Emperor Hongjia felt very relieved and sat up a little straighter.

Lu Ronghuai raised his head and glanced, his dark eyes calm and indifferent, indifferent to the touching scene of the monarch and his ministers in front of him.

Everyone below waited for them to finish chatting and expressed their concern in unison before giving up.

Then, Censor Ye stood out from the court.