Chapter 74

On the tenth day of March, the six countries set off and returned to their capitals.

The sky was bright and clear. Emperor Hongjia wore imperial attire and led everyone to see him off on the official road of the palace. Everyone got up early and waited for a while before the heads of the six kingdoms arrived one after another.

Emperor Hongjia chatted with a few people, and then walked up to the Lord of Chu, "Lord of Chu, has the prince recovered?"

The Lord of Chu's face was not very good, his face was swollen, and his eyes were black and blue. "Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty. Zhang'er has woken up, but he was too frightened to come and say goodbye to Your Majesty."

"It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter," Emperor Hongjia waved his hand magnanimously and assured, "Don't worry, Lord Chu, I will definitely find out the murderer who attacked the sons and daughters this time and give you an explanation."

After hearing this, the leader of the Chu Kingdom kept sneering in his heart. He had a grudge against the Chu Kingdom, and yet he could beat his son like this. He knew very well who it was!

He glanced at Lu Ronghuai vaguely, his eyelids shaking violently.

"I believe in Your Majesty."

Emperor Hongjia showed a warm look, patted the Chu State's leader on the shoulder, and hinted: "After the Chu State's leader returns, don't forget important things."

The leader of the Chu State did not say much, and only said: "Your Majesty, don't worry."

Emperor Hongjia laughed heartily and asked someone to give a box of treasures to the Lord of Chu, saying that it was as an apology for the injury of the Prince of Chu.

The five kings on the side looked at each other, and they all saw something unusual in each other's eyes.

The leader of the Yu State stood next to the leader of the Duan State. He saw Emperor Hongjia and the leader of the Chu State laughing at Yan Yan, and sneered: "We also said that Old Chu suffered a big loss this time. Looking at the current situation, he might have been kept in the dark. It's us."

"The Chu State is going to rebel if they come to the Lu State behind our backs." The leader of the Shi State also said.

"Let's talk about it when we get back." The leader of Kang State said in a deep voice.

Soon, the heads of the six countries got into the car and left with their officials and children.

Emperor Hongjia stood on the high platform and looked into the distance. It was not until the last row of soldiers disappeared that he clasped his hands and laughed.

"Pass on my instructions, pack your bags, and return to Beijing in an hour."

As soon as he finished saying this, he saw a fast horse rushing out from the end of another winding path.

"What is going on?" Han Zheng, the Minister of Rites, looked at the sudden appearance of the people and horses, surprised and suspicious.

"Report! Urgent report from Pingcheng!" The messenger on horseback ran to the foot of the high platform. He hurriedly dismounted, knelt on the ground, raised the letter in his hand, and shouted to Emperor Hongjia at the top of his lungs.

Emperor Hongjia only heard an urgent message and could not hear the content behind it, so he hurriedly led everyone down the high platform and came to the messenger.

"What did you say?" Emperor Hongjia asked.

Messenger: "Replying to Your Majesty, there is an urgent report from Pingcheng. His Highness the King of Qi led five thousand elite soldiers into the mountains to sweep away the bandits. They encountered a mountain turmoil. The King of Qi and the five thousand elite soldiers were all trapped in the mountain. Their life or death is uncertain!"