Chapter 109

After midnight, the guests left one after another.

Lu Rongshen ran to Chu Yuan angrily. The marinade on his mouth had not been wiped clean yet.

"Third sister-in-law, third sister-in-law, my house has been built. I invite you to come and play some other time."

Chu Yuan responded with a smile, "It's inconvenient for you to leave the palace. If you need anything in the house, tell me and I will help you buy it."

Lu Rongshen nodded frequently in emotion, and then said, "Everything is almost ready. Third sister-in-law has a good eye, please help me choose some calligraphy, paintings and flowers."

"You might as well ask Miss Bai about this and see what her preferences are. She will be the mistress of the palace in the future, and everything must be done with her first."

Lu Rongshen had asked Bai Qingyu a long time ago, and last time he asked someone to go shopping with him. When he heard Chu Yuan's words, he immediately grimaced.

"Third sister-in-law, you might not believe it if I tell you. Qing Yu has chosen two big hammers to put in the house. I can't even carry them."

Chu Yuan: "..."

"You said she is a girl, why does she like different things from others? I gave her bracelets and embroidered handkerchiefs, but she didn't want them." Lu Rongshen scratched his head, with sweet distress in his eyes.

Chu Yuan lowered his head and smiled, motioning for him to look behind him.

Lu Rongshen turned his head and saw Bai Qingyu standing behind him. From his expression, it was clear that he had heard what he just said.

Lu Rongshen immediately gave up, and ran to Bai Qingyu dejectedly, smiling ingratiatingly, showing his small white teeth.

"Qingyu, I didn't say that what you like is bad. I also like the wolf-toothed hammer very much."

Bai Qingyu hid the smile from his eyes and asked softly: "Really?"

"Really! I'll use it to practice my arm strength when I get back. When we get married later, I'll definitely be able to hold you up." Lu Rong said confidently, with a funny and serious expression.

Bai Qingyu took out a pink embroidered handkerchief from his sleeve, embroidered with lotus stamens. He pulled Lu Rongshen over and carefully wiped away the marinade from the corners of his lips.

Lu Rongshen grabbed Bai Qingyu's wrist, his eyes bright as stars, "This is the embroidered handkerchief I gave you. It turns out you didn't throw it away."

Bai Qingyu sighed imperceptibly, "You gave it to me, but I won't throw it away."

Lu Rong smiled deeply, as happy as a little fool.

After everyone else left, only the Nie family and Lu Rongshen were left in Xingyuan.

Jiang Ni had checked Chu Yuan's pulse just now, confirmed that the baby in her belly was fine, and told him a few words in a gentle voice. When she was about to get up, Chu Yuan grabbed her sleeve.

"Uncle Jiang." He raised his head, his watery eyes were warm, and a smile overflowed from his pupils.

"I've already thought about the previous question."

Jiang Ni looked at him nervously, expectantly and anxiously.

Chu Yuan tilted her head and looked at Lu Ronghuai, who nodded towards him with a gentle smile.

He smiled and looked back at Jiang Ni, "I made an agreement with the prince. Thanks to the care of Uncle Jiang and the Nie family, I am willing to do it."