Chapter 101

Nie Chanwen walked out of the palace gate. His face was dark, the corners of his mouth were pursed downwards, and there was a deep look of worry in his eyes.

From a distance, I saw Nie Xuxing standing next to the carriage talking to someone.

He calmed down and walked over. The other party heard the footsteps and turned around slowly.

"The common people have seen His Royal Highness Prince Rui, and your Majesty is safe and well." After seeing the person clearly, Nie Chouwen lowered his head and said with cupped hands.

Lu Rongze raised his hand to help him and joked: "Mr. Nie, this is really embarrassing me. You are an elder, you don't need to salute me."

Nie Chanwen looked calm and said: "Your Highness Prince Rui, the etiquette must not be discarded."

Lu Rongze coughed under his throat for a long time, then suddenly smiled softly, "As a prince, there is no difference between me and my wife. I won't disturb you two. I still want to say hello to my mother and concubine."

Lu Rongze walked towards the palace.

Behind him, the two men watched his retreating back.

Nie Xuxing sighed: "In the blink of an eye, Prince Rui has grown so big."

"My son just chatted with Prince Rui for a while. I saw that he talked freely and relaxed. He is much more cheerful than when he was a child."

Nie Chanwen turned around and got into the car with a muffled voice.

Seeing this, Nie Xuxing went over to help him and asked worriedly: "Father, are you in a bad mood?"

Nie Chanwen leaned against the car wall with a tired look on his face and said in a deep voice: "Your Majesty is confused."

Nie Xuxing was stunned, "How do you say this?"

Nie Chanwen lowered his voice and repeated Emperor Hongjia's words to him.

Nie Xuxing thought about it and recited, "The prince can always be the prince..."

"Your Majesty, are you telling father that the prince will always be the one in the East Palace?"

Nie Chanwen shook his head and sighed deeply, "The prince can always be the prince. It doesn't matter who he is, because... he will always be the emperor."

Nie Xuxing's face changed slightly and he said in shock: "Your Majesty, did he really say that?"

Nie Chuanwen's tone was extremely sad, "Since your Majesty entered the age of forty, he has become more and more obsessed with seeking immortality and seeking immortality. First he came to have a Taoist priest, and now he has become even more serious. He doesn't know where to find an immortal girl to do everything. Just listen to her, alas."

Nie Xuxing had traveled all over the country for many years and had seen and heard many strange people and strange things. He had reservations about this and just asked: "Is this fairy girl really that powerful?"

"Your Majesty said that King Qi's life was saved by Xiangu. She also told Your Majesty that the war in the Western Region was critical and that the general was about to die. General Fang died within a few days. Your Majesty now believes her words."

"What does father plan to do?"

"Go home and let them do their thing."

After that day, Emperor Hongjia did something in the court.

He dismissed the eldest son of the third brother of the Liu family from his official position in the City Protection Department on the grounds of dereliction of duty. Although this official position was not high, it was a position where the emperor held real power.