Chapter 64

Lu Rongshen was stunned.

His third brother and his third sister-in-law replaced a Wen capital in Chu State with a competition.

So exciting.

Everyone had the same idea, and until the second competition started, they were still talking quietly with their companions.

The prince lowered his eyes and looked at Lu Ronghuai who was talking to Chu Yuan. The high-spirited look on his face hurt his eyes.

He turned his eyes and looked at Emperor Hongjia with a smile on his face, "Father, I want to participate in the piano competition."

Emperor Hongjia: "Is the prince sure of winning?"

Lu Rongluo said modestly: "I will try my best."

The Queen smiled solemnly and said, "Your Majesty, let Luo'er try it. He has been practicing hard on the piano these days and has several blisters on his fingers. I know that he wants to win glory for the Lu Kingdom and is eager to win."

Emperor Hongjia nodded happily and agreed to his request.

Lu Rongluo came to the competition venue. Sitting opposite him was Duan Feijing. Duan Feijing had heard about his piano skills and was his biggest opponent today.

He doesn't pay attention to other people at all.

He has studied Duan Feijing's piano skills before, and he is confident that he can beat him today.

Lu Rongluo raised his hand and stroked the surface of the piano, with a hint of pride and contentment in his eyes.

It doesn't matter if Lu Ronghuai wins a city. When he wins, he will tear off a piece of flesh from the Six Kingdoms.

From the corner of his left eye, he caught a glimpse of someone sitting down calmly. Lu Rongluo looked sideways, and Nie Siran nodded towards him with a smile.

Lu Rongluo's pupils dilated slightly.

He curled his fingers and hooked the strings, and the strings made a short sound.

"Master Nie also participates in the competition?"

Nie Siran nodded and said casually: "I'm not good at playing the piano, so I just came here to have fun."

Lu Rongluo breathed a sigh of relief quietly.

But he didn't really relax in his heart.

Nie Siran's reputation was so great that even though he had been studying in various places over the years and rarely returned to Ye Jing, it did not prevent his talent and reputation from being introduced to Ye Jing.

"The competition begins." The eunuch announced loudly.

When it was Lu Rongluo's turn, he played an ancient piece that he had carefully prepared. It had a certain level of skill and difficulty. The tune was melodious, sometimes like the torrent in a deep valley, sometimes like the gentle breeze in the morning.

After the song ended, there was warm applause from all around.

With a "ding" sound, a short chime sounded, drawing everyone's attention.

Nie Siran's fingers were flying on the strings, and his simple movements were so smooth and beautiful that everyone was stunned for a while.

The sound of the piano first rises and becomes high-pitched, and then smoothly transitions into a low-pitched tone, like the whispers between lovers. Each note is filled with an indescribable lingering feeling, which can make people feel pathos and make their hearts tremble.