Chapter 31

On the early morning of the sixth day of the lunar month, after the officials went to court, they found that two people were missing from the main hall.

The prince and the king of Qi.

However, King Li, who was originally injured in the attack and should be recuperating at home, appeared strangely in the main hall.

Everyone exchanged glances calmly, ready to make a move.

Only Nie Xiang was as stable as a mountain, closing his eyes to rest.

Chen Youwei straightened the lapel of his official uniform, walked over and bowed in a pretentious manner, "Your Majesty can come to court today, I believe his injuries are no longer serious."

Lu Ronghuai's eyebrows stretched and he was in a good mood, "Don't worry, you won't die."

Some people couldn't hold back their curiosity and pretended to be concerned, but they were actually asking, "The prince suddenly left the palace banquet on New Year's Eve, and then there was news that the prince and Princess Li were assassinated. I don't know who committed the assassination. Has anyone been caught?"

"Without any trouble, I have already torn the man into pieces. Do you want to take a look?"

Everyone covered their mouths and backed away, enduring the turbulence in their stomachs, regretting that they went there so early in the morning to seek bad luck.

When Emperor Hongjia came, he felt strange when he saw that all his ministers had good looks. He was about to ask a few questions when he suddenly saw Lu Ronghuai and said with a happy expression, "Third brother, have you recovered from your injury?"

Lu Ronghuai held his chest and coughed twice. His voice was weak and pale, and he said, "Father, although I am not fully recovered, I still have my responsibilities and I dare not slack off at all."

Emperor Hongjia was so moved after hearing this that he hurriedly asked someone to move a chair for him.

"Stop standing. It's nonsense to come to court before your injury is healed. Sit down quickly."

"Thank you, Father." Lu Ronghuai lifted up his robe and said to sit down.

The ministers below looked at this tender scene of "a kind father and a filial son", and they only regretted that they had eaten too much for breakfast this morning and had no place to vomit.

After Emperor Hongjia finished caring about Lu Ronghuai, he looked to the side and realized that the prince and King Qi were not here.

"Where are the Crown Prince and Prince Qi?" Emperor Hongjia asked the people below.

A young eunuch hurriedly ran in from outside the palace. He knelt on the marble floor with a thump and screamed, "Report to your Majesty, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince was beaten last night!"

Immediately afterwards, another eunuch ran in from outside the palace, panting and kowtowing, "Your Majesty, Prince Qi's Mansion has come to report that Prince Qi has frostbite and a high fever that will not go away."

The whole court was in an uproar.

Emperor Hongjia slapped the dragon chair angrily, "Who did this? It's really against the grain!"

The gazes of the ministers suddenly turned to King Li silently and unanimously.

Lu Ronghuai leaned on the back of the chair and sat lazily. His cold and ruthless eyes swept over everyone, and he curled his lips calmly, "What do you think I am doing? Do you think it is me who did it?"