Chapter 71

The two of them were leaning against the mountain wall and talking. The sun gradually slanted westward at the entrance of the cave, making the cave darker and darker.

The voices of the people beside him became lower and deeper, and Chu Yuan's shoulders suddenly felt heavy.

Lu Ronghuai rested his head on his shoulder, his voice was a bit muffled, and his right hand was still holding Chu Yuan's hand tightly.

"I'm a little sleepy. I'll sleep for a while. When it gets dark, Ayuan remembers to wake me up."

Chu Yuan shook his hand and responded calmly, "Okay, Prince, please go to sleep."

"Are you afraid?" He asked in Chu Yuan's ear with his eyes half closed.

"As long as the prince is here, I will not be afraid."

"Be good, I'll go out to hunt pheasants for you at night."

"good."

The breathing in my ears gradually became calmer.

Chu Yuan turned his head and looked at Lu Ronghuai's tall and deep eyebrows.

They chatted for more than two hours. From noon to sunset, Chu Yuan kept Lu Ronghuai talking, fearing that he would really fall asleep.

Lu Ronghuai probably saw his intention and kept up his energy to talk to him for so long. He held Chu Yuan's hand, but the temperature in his palm became lower and lower.

Chu Yuan suppressed the worries in his heart, took Lu Ronghuai's hands into his arms, covered them with his sleeves, and kept him warm.

Lu Ronghuai didn't wake up until night fell.

Chu Yuan shouted several times, and the man was unconscious and murmuring indistinctly.

He put his hand to Lu Ronghuai's forehead, and his skin felt hot.

"My lord, you have a fever." Chu Yuan put down his hand, and his hidden voice of worry came from the darkness.

No one responded.

The fire had long been extinguished because there had been no more wood for a long time, and the cave was dark. Chu Yuan held Lu Ronghuai's head and carefully moved his body out bit by bit.

Half of his arms were numb and unconscious, and it took him a long time to lower Lu Ronghuai flat to the ground.

He picked up some barely usable branches and lit the fire again. There was light in the cave. He stood up and walked to Lu Ronghuai.

Chu Yuan squatted down and checked the wounds on Lu Ronghuai's body.

There was a cut on the other arm. The wound was not deep and the bleeding had stopped long ago.

The most serious ones were the several wounds on his back. The wounds were extremely deep and the skin was torn.

The blood on his back solidified and stuck to his clothes. Chu Yuan carefully cleaned the blood scab around the wounds, his eyes falling on the three deep and long wounds.

Such a long gash was obviously caused by the sharp sword in the hand of the man in black.

No matter how good Lu Ronghuai's martial arts skills were, he would still be unable to defeat him with two fists. The people behind the scenes knew Lu Ronghuai's skills and specially sent so many people to assassinate him.

All the men in black were killed, and Lu Ronghuai was also injured.

In fact, if he hadn't rushed to save him, his injuries would not have been so serious.