Chapter 147

The poison in Bai Qingyu's body almost cost him his life. Fortunately, he received prompt treatment, but it still took two months to remove the remaining poison.

During this period, the two of them had a tacit understanding, and no one mentioned the injury in their letters home.

After recovering, they immediately set off and led their troops to the Eastern Shang Realm.

A few days ago, Zhao Lu wrote that they had defeated Yu Kui and successfully captured the East Shang Territory. The army stayed in the territory to rest and recuperate, waiting for their return.

In December, Lu Ronghuai returned to the Eastern Shang Realm. A dark procession walked through the official road with uniform footsteps. When the people of Yu State heard the movement, they all stuck their heads out and looked outside.

The queue was so long that there was no end in sight.

This is only a small part. Most of the soldiers were resting outside the city and did not enter the city.

In addition to the 50,000 soldiers he brought out initially, he also recruited many surrender troops after annihilating the Xiqiang.

While Bai Qingyu was recovering from his injuries, he had nothing to do. His greatest pleasure every day was training soldiers. After two months of training, the effect was remarkable. The 90,000 soldiers who surrendered no longer looked timid and timid. At first glance, they looked similar to those of Lu Guo. Soldiers are almost indistinguishable.

The winter in Yu State was much warmer than that in Lu State. Lu Ronghuai only rested for one day before leading an army of 100,000 people within the territory to attack Anyuan Realm.

He attacked fiercely. The Anyuan realm generals were from aristocratic families and had been pampered for a long time. How could they stop Lu Ronghuai? Seeing that the city was in danger, he neither planned to escape nor to continue fighting.

He led his men to directly open the city gate and surrendered voluntarily.

When Yu Kui heard the news, he was so angry that he vomited a mouthful of blood.

The eunuch advised him to flee quickly. Anyuanjing was lost, and Cifengjing was next.

Lu Ronghuai watched with eager eyes, and he took away 70% of Yuguo's city, and the rest could only resist stubbornly, without success.

In late December, the army of the Lu State came to Cifeng.

Eight days later, the city gate was broken, and the Lu cavalry entered the capital and came to the palace unimpeded.

In the palace, the main hall door was closed tightly, and it was crowded with men, women, and children.

All the concubines, princes, princes, ministers, and their families were here. These people squatted on the ground without any image, speaking to each other in deliberately lowered voices. Some of them could not hold back their tears, but soon it seemed like Being covered by someone, the atmosphere was stagnant for a moment.

After that, they looked at Yu Kui on the main seat with lingering fear.

Yu Kui sat at the top. He looked very calm and sat there motionless.

However, if you look closely, you can see that his eyes are blood red, and he is holding a sword in each hand. The bright red blood on the sword falls sparsely at his feet, and it is so thick that it turns black.

And not far in front of him, there was a corpse lying.

That was a lady whom Yu Kui once loved very much. Because she wanted to escape, her throat was sealed with a sword by Yu Kui, and she was stabbed seven or eight times. The blood flowing from the blood holes in her body had already stained her body red.