Chapter 12

Chu Yuan didn't know what he was going to do. Lu Ronghuai's gaze was too focused, which made him feel a little uncomfortable.

His eyes drooped lightly.

"nineteen."

"Where's your birthday?"

"June 15th."

"She is two years younger than me," Lu Ronghuai nodded and stood up, "I will go with you to attend Yuqiang's coronation ceremony in three days. I have something else to do, so you should go back first."

Lu Ronghuai strode away.

Chu Yuan stood up and walked slowly out the door. When he went out, he caught the wind and covered his lips and coughed twice.

He looked up at the already setting sun and smiled silently.

He will be crowned in June next year. If the queen mother is still alive, there will be a grand and lively crowning ceremony for him. There will be respected admirers combing his hair and singing congratulations. Someone will give him a fortune and wish him a long life. Adult.

None of these exist today.

Lu Ronghuai was busy in the study until late at night.

On the way back to Fujuyuan, he kept thinking about the dream from the previous two days.

What happened in the palace today was completely consistent with the dream.

He had been waiting outside the gate of Fengqi Palace. When he saw Lu Lingshuang dragging Chu Yuan out, he made a gesture to Xianfeng and followed him silently.

It's just that he was standing so concealed that no one noticed him.

The moment Chu Yuan fell, the tight string in his mind broke completely, and he reached out to save people without hesitation.

Because he knew that if he didn't take action at this moment, Chu Yuan would fall into the freezing cold water just like in his dream.

More importantly, deep down in his heart, he didn't want to see the dream repeat itself.

By the time he finished washing, the third watch had passed.

Lu Ronghuai closed his eyes and stopped thinking about this incredible dream.

Then he fell asleep again tonight.

The scene changed to Qianzheng Hall.

Lu Ronghuai walked in and found himself kneeling on the ground.

"Prince Li, do you realize your mistake?" Emperor Hongjia asked him in a deep voice, sitting on the dragon chair.

Lu Ronghuai raised his head and looked directly at Emperor Hongjia, with a sneer on his rebellious face, "I don't know what I did wrong."

"I ordered you to build a clean temple, but you embezzled three million taels of silver and cut corners, causing the beams to collapse and more than a hundred workers and servants to die! After the minister of the Ministry of Industry wanted to expose you, you actually cut people's throats and dumped their bodies, destroying the corpses and destroying all traces. It's really Extremely vicious!"

As Emperor Hongjia spoke, he slammed the table and stood up. The power of thunder shocked all the ministers below.

Lu Ronghuai seemed to have heard a joke. He shook his head and looked at Emperor Hongjia with a serious look.

"This matter was not done by me. The Ministry of Industry can testify for me."

The Minister of Industry stood up, raised his hands and replied: "I can testify."