Chapter 144

Lu Ronghuai and Bai Qingyu were busy counting people in Lucheng for five or six days.

On July 3rd, as the morning light gradually emerged, 150,000 troops stood neatly and solemnly under the Lucheng City Tower. Everyone looked at the commander on the tower with firm expressions.

Lu Ronghuai was wearing his black armor, his hair was tied back high, and his eyes were sharp and proud. He stood there with an innate air of looking down on the world.

The quiet and serious atmosphere was broken by a sudden whimpering sound.

On the city wall, everyone's eyes turned to the sound involuntarily.

Lu Rongshen tugged on Bai Qingyu's belt and told him with tears in his eyes, "Qingyu, you have to take care of yourself. I...I'll wait for you to come back at home."

Bai Qingyu nodded and reached out to wipe the tears from his face, "Okay, stop crying, your eyes are swollen."

"I'm not worried about you. The battlefield is dangerous. You must be careful and don't risk your life." Lu Rong took a deep breath and stopped crying, but he still couldn't hold back the sadness in his heart.

This was the first time they separated after getting married.

There were many people around and Lu Rongshen cried loudly. Bai Qingyu held his hand and took him to the side to comfort him.

Bai Yi watched the excitement for a long time, and when he turned around, he found that several of his confidants looked like they were watching a show.

Bai Yi: "Ahem, okay, okay, what are you looking at? Who hasn't come from this age? Turn your head back."

The confidants turned their heads in laughter and looked at King Li and Princess Li on the other side.

Chu Yuan didn't cry.

After all, this is not the first time he has sent Lu Ronghuai on an expedition.

But the care and reluctance in my heart still came like a tide.

He looked at the handsome man in front of him, exhaled softly, raised his jade-like face and smiled lightly, "I wish the prince a successful victory and an early triumph."

"good."

Chu Yuan: "Your Majesty, how long will it take for you to come back this time?"

Lu Ronghuai stroked his cheek lovingly, "In about half a year, we can also deal with the Xiqiang."

The Xiqiang have been very quiet since they retreated last time, but they all know in their hearts that the Xiqiang are only temporarily recuperating. When they recover, they will still harass the people and rob food at the border of the mainland just like the northern barbarians did before. .

"Well, my lord, please protect yourself. The baby and I are waiting for you to come back at home to celebrate the New Year."

After Chu Yuan finished speaking, he waved Le Shu over.

Le Shu held a big bundle in his hand, which contained pajamas made by Chu Yuan himself.

"There is a change of clothes inside, as well as the sleeping aid sachet provided by my father."

Lu Ronghuai took it and looked at Le Shu, who then stepped back.

Lu Ronghuai took two steps closer to Chu Yuan. His tall body protected him tightly. He lowered his head and brushed his thin lips against his ear. His breath hinted, "Is there A Yuan's pajamas in there?"