Bai Qingyu x Lu Rongshen

"Lied to me?"

Lu Rong chewed these two words deeply in his mouth. He couldn't figure out what he could deceive. "Although I am a prince, I only know how to eat, drink and have fun. I don't have any power in my hands. If Qingyu wants to lie to me, then go ahead."

Anyway, he had nothing, so he couldn't suffer too much if he was deceived.

Bai Qingyu was stunned, "Your Highness...do you mind if I lie to you?"

"Well, I don't mind," Lu Rongshen waved his hand proudly. He picked up a plate of pastries and handed it to Bai Qingyu, his expression suddenly a little nervous. "My third brother said that everyone has their own secrets. Since Qingyu doesn't want to tell me, Then I'll just pretend I don't know, as long as it doesn't affect our wedding."

Bai Qingyu lowered his head to look at the cakes, his lowered eyebrows concealing a gloomy expression.

"What if His Highness later discovers that this marriage was a deception from beginning to end?"

"Ah?" Lu Rongshen's mouth was stained with pastry foam. He opened his eyes wide in surprise and looked at him for a moment, "Why did Qingyu say that? Is it possible... that you didn't marry me willingly?"

After Lu Rongshen finished speaking, his heart felt bitter, the cakes were no longer sweet in his mouth, and his head drooped dejectedly.

"Qingyu doesn't like me, does he?"

The more Lu Rongshen thought about it, the sadder he became, and his eyes quickly turned red, "That must be the case. My father proposed marriage, and there is no way you can refuse. We...we didn't know each other before, so it's reasonable for you not to like me."

Bai Qingyu clenched his hands and said in a difficult tone, "That's not the case."

Lu Rong sniffed deeply and said, "Qingyu, there is no need to comfort me. For a gentle and considerate person like you, apart from this, I really can't think of anything else that would make you lie to me."

Bai Qingyu stood up alone.

The hull of the boat swayed gently on the river as he walked. He walked around the low table to Lu Rongshen's side, squatted down, and reached out to lift Lu Rongshen's face.

"What...what are you doing?" Lu Rongshen's eyes were red and his cheeks were even redder. The latter was because of embarrassment.

It was so embarrassing that he cried so hard in front of the woman he loved that he had no masculinity at all.

At this moment, he didn't realize how ambiguous the two people's posture was, let alone how inappropriate Bai Qingyu's behavior was for a woman.

"Does Your Highness like me?" Bai Qingyu stared at him. When those blue eyes stare at you intently, you can be addicted to it.

Lu Rongshen was lost in thought for a moment and looked at him blankly, "I like it."

Bai Qingyu raised the corners of his mouth, his smile fleeting. His expression had never been so serious, "I like Your Highness too."

Growing up, Bai Qingyu had seen too many strange looks, including mockery, contempt, malice, hypocrisy...

After returning to Beijing, when everyone saw him, their eyes were full of inquiry and scrutiny. Only the man in front of him, when they met for the first time, did not hide the surprise and admiration in his eyes. He had never seen him before. Such pure and passionate eyes fell on him, as if he was the most important person in the world.

Lu Rongshen was still stunned, until he realized what Bai Qingyu said, an astonishing light suddenly burst out in his eyes.

He swept away the sadness just now, and his whole face was radiant, "Yeah, really? Qingyu likes me too, haha, Qingyu likes me, hahaha."