Chapter 22

New Year's Eve.

Yejing Avenue is decorated with lights and colorful, and it is very lively.

Red lanterns hang high on the roof ridges, stretching for miles.

The whole palace was also filled with joy.

Emperor Hongjia held a banquet in the Qianzheng Hall to entertain the ministers. In the hall, earth dragons were burned, the incense was fragrant, and drum music was played.

Just after Xu Shi, the ministers were all here, and their hair was still covered with snowflakes.

They braved the wind and snow to rush to the palace at night. After finishing the banquet for the king and his ministers, they had to go home before the third watch to stay with their families.

Not long after, Emperor Hongjia entered the palace together with his concubines.

The ministers knelt down and worshiped, chanting "Wanfu Jin'an" and wishing the country peace and prosperity and good weather.

Emperor Hongjia was very happy and raised his wine glass, "My dear friends, please come and have a drink with me."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"Father, the third brother is not here yet." After drinking the wine, King Qi suddenly said.

Emperor Hongjia glanced at Lu Ronghuai's position, and sure enough he didn't see anyone.

"Where are King Li and Princess Li?" he asked.

Eunuch Yuan Sheng whispered: "Your Majesty, King Li went directly to Mingwei Palace after entering the palace. He is expected to be here soon. Princess Li is ill and resting at home."

Lu Ronghuai's biological mother lived in Mingwei Palace. Concubine Ning never attended the New Year's Eve banquet, so it was understandable that Lu Ronghuai went to greet her biological mother first.

Emperor Hongjia's eyes flashed and he said nothing.

Yuan Sheng carefully stepped aside.

Seeing the emperor's silence, King Qi said to himself: "The third brother has become more and more adventurous in recent years. In my opinion, the prince has a good reputation. If the third brother should not be allowed to follow the prince and learn the rules, it is my father's opinion." how?"

Everyone's eyes immediately fell on the prince's face.

The prince gritted his teeth secretly, with a gentle smile on his face, "Brother is joking, Gu is far inferior to the elder brother in terms of age and knowledge. The elder brother cares about the third younger brother, so it is better to teach him personally, so that Gu can rest assured."

Lu Ronghuai walked to the door of the palace and happened to hear the two people's words. He sneered and choked: "Teach me the king? Does the eldest brother want to teach me how to be a concubine, or does the second brother want to teach me how to be a prince?"

King Qi: "..."

Prince: "..."

Emperor Hongjia coughed and glared at Lu Ronghuai, "Your eldest and second brothers also care about you. Please stop saying a few words and return to your seat quickly."

Lu Ronghuai walked over and sat down.

The queen's gaze passed over the prince and looked at Lu Ronghuai, her smile unmistakable, "I heard that Princess Li was ill, and I was worried. I wonder if the imperial doctor Xuan has visited her?"

"After returning to my mother, I've had it checked by the doctor. It's nothing serious. Mother, don't worry." Lu Ronghuai said expressionlessly.

"The last time Princess Li came into the palace, I didn't look very good when I saw him. You guys left in a hurry that day, so you forgot about this." The queen showed her motherly attitude and seemed to be extremely concerned about Chu Yuan's health.