Chapter 41

On the last day of the first lunar month, the Xu family has a birthday banquet.

As the elder of two dynasties and the natal family of Concubine Xu, the people who came to congratulate her were all prominent figures in the court.

When Lu Ronghuai arrived, the Xu family was already full of guests and friends, and there was a burst of joy.

"Prince Li is here!" the servant shouted at the door of the banquet hall.

Everyone in the room who was drinking and chatting was shocked.

"Taifu Xu actually invited Prince Li?"

Lu Ronghuai walked around the screen and walked in. When he heard this, he looked at General Zhennan, "General Fang has been invited. Is it strange that I am invited?"

When Fang Xinhai was young, he had political disagreements with Taifu Xu. The two had a fight in the square of Qianzheng Hall, pulling each other's hair, which became a joke among the people in Beijing for many days.

Since then, the Fang and Xu families have been at odds with each other for a long time and have no contact with each other anymore.

Unexpectedly, now that both of them are approaching the age of officialdom, they have reconciled as before and changed from the past.

Fang Xinhai frowned, not wanting to argue with him today, "It's not surprising, Prince Li is a famous person now, so it's reasonable to be invited to the birthday banquet."

King Qi chimed in: "Why are the third brothers attending the banquet alone today? Where are the third brothers and sisters? The third brothers and sisters are now well-known among the people. Why don't you bring them out for everyone to see."

"Are you worthy of looking at my King's Ayuan? I suggest you go back and buy a large bronze mirror to look at yourself." Lu Ronghuai stared at King Qi's face with contempt.

Although King Qi is not as handsome as Lu Ronghuai, he is not bad either. If he was humiliated like this before, he would definitely get angry and quarrel with him.

But today, King Qi actually held back and only gave him a harsh look.

"Third brother, sit over here." Lu Rongshen waved to him.

Lu Ronghuai walked over, and the people around him retreated. When Lu Ronghuai sat down, the people at the table next to him got up and ran to sit somewhere else, unwilling to get close to him.

Lu Ronghuai was not surprised.

"Third brother, Fang Xinhai is getting married to the Xu family, and the youngest daughter of the Xu family is discussing marriage with the eldest son of the Fang family." Lu Rongshen leaned into Lu Ronghuai's ear and whispered,

He came early today and heard a few gossips.

"Is Xu Maoqing an old fool? Fang Shuyu is not a good match." Lu Ronghuai said lightly.

Lu Rongshen smiled treacherously, "Oh, Master Xu, aren't you forcing me into a hurry? The youngest daughter of the Xu family is desperate to marry you. Her reputation is ruined. She is already eighteen years old. If she stays, she will be an old girl."

"Oh, let's raise a glass to bless her." Lu Ronghuai took the wine glass and touched it with Lu Rongshen.

Lu Rong laughed so hard that he sat up holding his stomach, stretched his head and looked to the other side, then looked back regretfully.

"I asked just now. Xu Zhizhi is not at the women's table today. Taifu Xu must have locked her in the room and prevented her from coming out to see you."