Chapter 105

There was silence in the hall.

Everyone's eyes fell on Ye Qi's head, and they were shocked by his boldness. They couldn't help but look at Liu Guogong from the corner of their eyes, trying to pry something out of him.

Liu Guogong stood at the front with his back straight and did not look back.

The skin on Emperor Hongjia's face trembled, and his voice was deep, "Does Ye Aiqing have any evidence?"

Ye Qi took out a thick stack of account books from his sleeve and said, "Your Majesty, I have evidence."

Eunuch Yuansheng ran down the steps, retrieved the evidence, and presented them all to Emperor Hongjia.

Emperor Hongjia glanced at Liu Guogong. Liu Guogong looked calm. Facing Ye Qi's impeachment, he didn't seem to take it to heart at all.

The prince next to him, on the other hand, pursed his lips and a look of nervousness quickly flashed in his eyes.

Emperor Hongjia's eyes were cold and sharp. The prince's expression froze and he lowered his head in panic.

Liu Guogong saw everything in his eyes, his eyes were deep and unwavering.

After burning the incense, Emperor Hongjia threw the account book on the ground. After the dull sound, Liu Guogong raised his eyes and looked at the emperor.

Emperor Hongjia's tone was unclear, "Liu Guogong, you can see for yourself."

Liu Guogong stepped forward to pick up the account book. He only turned through two pages, closed the account book, and knelt down in the main hall.

"Your Majesty, I am wronged."

Emperor Hongjia didn't speak.

Ye Qi: "The records in the ledger are clear. Liu Guogong's talk is unjust."

"The Liu family has been loyal to the Lu State for generations. How could your Majesty conclude that the Liu family had accepted bribes based on a forged account book." Liu Guogong knelt on the ground and said sadly.

Ye Qi's eyes widened angrily, "Mr. Liu Guo, the account book is stamped with the seal of your Liu family. Do you still want to deny it?"

"The seal of the Liu family has been stolen a long time ago. This is obviously someone who wants to frame the Liu family."

Ye Qi sneered, "Who dares to steal the seal of Duke Liu's mansion?"

"Mr. Liu Guo," Emperor Hongjia closed his eyes, the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes became much deeper, "these officials who are in contact with you in the account book are all close to you on a daily basis."

"Even Guan Yan dares to interfere... The Liu family's wealth will soon catch up with the national treasury."

As soon as the emperor said these words, the officials in the entire hall knelt down in fear, with faces showing fear.

Especially the officials who were close to the Liu family had earth-colored faces and did not dare to express their aura.

"Your Majesty, do you think the Liu family is guilty?" Liu Guogong was lying on the ground, his voice was hoarse and his eyes were covered with a layer of gloom.

Emperor Hongjia sighed and suddenly changed the subject, "Is the prince involved?"

The prince tried his best to maintain his composure and said: "Father, the emperor clearly knows that my son and minister were not involved."

"Yeah."

The prince broke out in cold sweat behind his back, but he knew he could never admit it. Besides, the Liu family did a lot of things behind his back, and he did not participate in all of them.