Chapter 140

Xian Yu quickly wrote a letter to Chu Yuan.

The information from Prince Li's Mansion was prompt and timely. Five days later, they received a reply from Chu Yuan, asking them to leave for the Western Territory immediately.

Emperor Hongjia now covets Chu Yuan's blood and is going crazy. It will be very dangerous for Xian Yue to stay in Ye Jing.

Chu Yuan specifically emphasized in the letter that the safety of his own life was the first priority, and they were waiting for their safe arrival in Sangcheng.

The two planned to travel lightly, simply bringing some dry food, water bags, and a change of clothes. Then they called the palace servants over and explained to them carefully that they would receive an extra year's wages.

After arranging everything, Xian Yue directly tore off the mask on his face, bravely walked out of the palace gate with Xian Yu under his true face, got on his horse and left Ye Jing unhindered.

Three days later, Emperor Hongjia called Prince Rui to him.

"Fourth, how do you think I look these days?" he asked.

Since that day, he took a bowl of blood from Princess Li, divided it into three portions and boiled it with ginseng and other supplements. He drank several meals and felt much better.

Lu Rongze smiled politely, stared at Emperor Hongjia's gloomy face, and said without blinking: "My father looks very good. I heard from Eunuch Yuan Sheng that my father used half a bowl of rice for dinner last night. I am happy for my father."

Emperor Hongjia was in a good mood. He clasped his hands and smiled: "Yes, I have felt more energetic these past two days and my appetite has improved a lot. In this case, you can send someone to Prince Li's Mansion to deliver some jade and jewelry as a reward from me." For Princess Li."

Lu Rongze agreed and sent people from the inner court to Prince Li's Mansion according to his instructions.

He stayed in the palace to serve Emperor Hongjia with medicine.

While Emperor Hongjia was drinking the medicine, he was thinking about the next time he would summon Princess Li into the palace.

He privately asked the imperial doctor that as long as he knew how to control it, a little blood would not cause much harm to a person's body. Moreover, he didn't ask for his blood in vain. He rewarded him with many valuable gifts.

He is the emperor, and whatever he wants is a matter of course. If he calls Chu Yuan into the palace in the name of healing and asks him to donate his blood obediently, people in the world will even praise him for his filial piety.

After Emperor Hongjia drank the medicine, the more he thought about it, the more he felt that this method was feasible. Just when he was thinking about when to let Chu Yuan live directly in the palace so that he could take blood easily, the people in the inner court rushed to the door of the palace in a panic and asked for permission. .

Eunuch Yuan Sheng strode out and scolded in a low voice: "Your Majesty is about to take a rest, why are you making so much noise here!"

The eunuch of the inner court knelt on the ground, and behind him knelt three young eunuchs, each holding a tray in their hands. The contents of the tray were exactly the treasures that Emperor Hongjia ordered to reward Princess Li an hour ago.

The eunuch of the inner court hurried back in a hurry, his head was covered with sweat, and he said with a trembling voice: "Back to my father-in-law, the servants went to Prince Li's Mansion to deliver the gifts given by the emperor, but... Princess Li is not in the mansion."