Chapter 149

Nie Siran held the child in one hand and took out a letter from home to give him, "There is a letter from King Li. He has emptied the Shiguo treasury and said that it was all given to Xiaoyu as a first-year gift."

Chu Yuan held back a smile and took the letter.

Lu Ronghuai came back too late on New Year's Eve. Lu Duduo was already asleep. He left in a hurry the next morning and didn't have time to talk to Lu Duoduo. Later, when the little guy held his first birthday party, he was still fighting against Shi Guo and didn't have time. Rushing back, Chu Yuan knew that he felt guilty and wanted to make it up to his child.

Just as he was about to open the letter, Lu Rongshen ran in from outside, shouting, "Third sister-in-law, the imperial edict is here."

Lu Rongze's enthronement ceremony has not yet been held, and the imperial edict has arrived in the Western Region first.

Emperor Hongjia's time was running out, so he asked Lu Ronghuai and Chu Yuan to return to the capital immediately and fulfill their filial piety before the emperor.

After hearing this imperial edict, Chu Yuan was somewhat surprised.

After sending away the eunuch who delivered the edict, Chu Yuan took the imperial edict and returned to the courtyard with everyone.

"Those people are really haunting. They asked you to go back again and again. Fortunately, we ran out, otherwise we might have encountered something." Jiang Ni hugged Lu Yuduo and fed him a small piece of goat cheese in his right hand. .

Chu Yuan sat next to him and put the imperial edict on the table.

Nie Siran opened the imperial edict, glanced at it, and said with a smile: "Is your Majesty's time really running out this time?"

Nie Xuxing: "What are you talking about? Be careful."

Nie Siran smiled and shrugged, "I'm not wrong. This reason has been used so many times that it will inevitably make people skeptical."

"This time is a little different," Chu Yuan pinched Lu Yuduo's little face, looked back and smiled: "I was ordered to go back before, but this time I specifically emphasized that the prince should also go back together."

Nie Siran understood instantly, "The prince has now won two countries one after another. His military achievements are too high. They are afraid of the prince and want to invite you to the urn."

"Do you want to tell the prince about this?" Jiang Ni pointed to the imperial edict.

Chu Yuan bent his eyes with a bright smile, "No, let's go find him."

"Have you decided?"

"Well, Queen Mother Xu is in power behind Lu Rongze's back. She won't let us go easily. For everyone's safety, we must leave as soon as possible," Chu Yuan said, turning to look at everyone, "Where are dad and father?"

They had discussed going to Lu Ronghuai a month ago, and this imperial edict was just an opportunity.

Nie Xuxing and Jiang Ni looked at each other and agreed.

Nie Chanwen did not go with them.

At present, the court is full of crises. He keeps quiet and goes fishing and playing chess every day. His gray hair is getting more and more gray day by day. Nie Siran knows that his grandfather always thinks about Lu Guo in his heart and is afraid that he will think too much. He and Su Ruhe often accompany the old man to go fishing, thinking Find ways to make him happy.

Before setting off, Nie Canwen suddenly decided that he wanted to walk around and indulge in the mountains and rivers. Chu Yuan and the others were worried, so they sent a few agile secret guards to protect him, and also told them to communicate frequently. The two groups set out at the same time, outside the city. respectively.