Chapter 118

On the day when the Liu family was beheaded, Lu Ronghuai went to supervise the beheading according to the Holy Will.

Many people came around the execution ground. The Liu family had shackles on their necks and chains on their ankles, and were escorted all the way to the execution ground in a prison car.

Wherever the prison car went, stones and rotten eggs in the hands of the people were thrown at them. The Liu family was hit with bruises on their heads and blood flowed. Liu Guogong was unkempt and had lost his former grace.

More than a dozen people had their hands tied and were put on the guillotine. A muscular executioner was already waiting with a knife.

A low whimpering sound came from the execution ground.

"My lord, it's not good!" A jailer stumbled over and knelt in front of Lu Ronghuai with a panicked expression. "Liu Mingyue's prison car was robbed halfway along the road!"

Lu Ronghuai sat at the top and calmly twirled his fingertips, "Can you catch up?"

There was cold sweat on the jailer's forehead, "No, no, those people covered their faces and were very fast."

"Humph." Lu Ronghuai sneered gracefully.

Although he didn't say anything, the sound seemed to be scolding them as trash. The jailer was ashamed and frightened, and knelt on the ground shaking.

Losing a felon is a capital crime, and they are done for this time.

"Behead these people first," Lu Ronghuai threw the execution order on the table and looked meaningfully at Mr. Liu Guogong who was kneeling on the execution ground. "My favorite game is cat and mouse. I hope Mr. Liu can hide." Make it longer so the game becomes more interesting."

Liu Guogong's hair was all white. When he heard Lu Ronghuai's arrogant voice, he raised his old eyes and said, "Your Majesty, I have a few words. Please come over here."

Lu Ronghuai didn't want to move, "Let's just say it."

Liu Guogong's tone remained unchanged, "This matter concerns Princess Li. Are you sure you want me to speak out loud?"

Lu Ronghuai squinted his eyes. He retracted his long legs on the table and walked to the center of the execution ground in a few steps. He squatted down half-crouched, with a cold light in his narrow eyes.

"Old guy, you dare to threaten me when you are about to die."

"Your Majesty, I have to spare this place and spare this person. I'll let the moon shine. I guarantee that the secret of the princess will be taken underground by me." Liu Guogong didn't mince words when he spoke, and both of them understood the meaning of his words.

Doctor Li's family died in Liu's house, and his body was brought back with scars, which showed that he had been tortured before his death. Lu Ronghuai knew that they must have pried out Chu Yuan's pregnancy from Doctor Li's mouth.

Lu Ronghuai: "You are quite calm. You know that the Liu family is bound to suffer such a disaster, so you gave up the secret of my beloved concubine in exchange for Liu Mingyue's life."

"Your Majesty can keep his composure better than an old man. Today, Mingyue was taken away. I guess it was also expected by Your Majesty." Liu Guogong's voice was low and hoarse, but the words were clear.

Lu Ronghuai: "You can guess it."

"Your Majesty, you are certain that the old man will not tell the princess's secret?"

"Whether you say it or not, it won't threaten me at all. I was just curious about who you would trade this secret with."

"It's a pity that the person you finally chose is really boring to me."