Chapter 45

The news that Prince Qi's palace was happy to have Lin'er spread quickly, and the next day, ministers came to the door one after another with gifts to congratulate him.

King Qi stood in the main hall with a glowing face. He was specially dressed in festive clothes today, and the smile on his lips never faded.

Emperor Hongjia had already rewarded many good things to Prince Qi's Mansion yesterday, and today he specially sent Eunuch Yuansheng over to see the little emperor's grandson with his own eyes.

"Your Majesty, Your Majesty is eagerly waiting to see your grandson in the palace." Eunuch Yuan Sheng glanced at the infant in swaddling clothes and said to King Qi with a smile.

King Qi: "Don't worry, I will take the child into the palace tomorrow so that the father can take a good look at his grandson."

"Hey, that slave will leave first. Your Majesty is still waiting for the old slave to return to his life."

The King of Qi was very polite to Eunuch Yuansheng. He quickly took out a heavy money bag from his sleeve, stuffed it into Yuan Sheng's hand, and said, "This is a small gift. I'd like to thank you for your kindness, Eunuch."

After that, he personally sent the person to the gate of the palace.

After sending Yuan Sheng away, King Qi was about to go back when he suddenly saw the carriage from Prince Li's Mansion approaching.

King Qi rolled his eyes, showing interest. He deliberately stood there waiting for the carriage to approach, intending to humiliate Lu Ronghuai.

The carriage stopped at the door, a hand appeared next to the curtain, and slowly opened the curtain.

Before King Qi saw anyone, he rushed into the car and shouted: "It must be the third brother. The eldest brother has been waiting for you for a long time. Come in and see my son."

The movement of opening the car curtain paused for a moment.

King Qi's smile became more and more public. He stared at the hand with gloating, and he had already imagined Lu Ronghuai's expression at this moment in his mind.

He must have a dark face and feel about to explode.

"Third brother, I still have several beauties here. Third brother, you might as well take them back with you when you leave. If these beauties are more confident, third brother, even if you don't have a legitimate son, you will still have a bastard who can provide for you in your old age."

A chuckle came from the carriage.

Then, King Qi heard Lu Ronghuai say in a friendly tone: "Ayuan, why is there a dog barking outside? Did you hear it? It's very noisy."

King Qi: "?"

The car curtain was lifted, revealing an indifferent and stunning face.

King Qi was stunned.

Lu Ronghuai unexpectedly brought Chu Yuan out. He was a sickly and delicate princess. The last time she saw her, her face was as pale as paper. But when she looked at her today, her face was much rosier and she looked even more beautiful than before.

Lu Ronghuai put his left hand on Chu Yuan's shoulder and leaned forward, "Oh, it turns out that the eldest brother is outside."

King Qi glared at him angrily, "This is my prince's palace. Is it strange for me to appear here?"

Lu Ronghuai: "It's not surprising, it's just that the environment around the palace is a bit bad. Dogs are barking here, and there is a new baby in the house. Don't scare the child silly."