Chapter 82

at night.

Lu Ronghuai was dressed in black and nimbly climbed into the window.

Xue Yingying stood in the room, clenching her handkerchief nervously. When Lu Ronghuai appeared in front of her, her breathing froze for a moment.

"W-Your Majesty..." She shouted tremblingly, lowering her head and not daring to look at him.

"Please come here." Xue Yingying pointed in the direction of the inner room, "They will come over later, and there is no place for the prince to hide outside."

Lu Ronghuai walked into the inner room and smelled a fragrance.

"What's in the incense burner?"

Xue Yingying opened the stove lid and said, "This is the white plum incense commonly used in the slave family."

"It's out."

Xue Yingying hurriedly put out the spices in the stove, and the fragrance filled the room. She was afraid that Lu Ronghuai would be angry, so she opened the window to let the fragrance dissipate as soon as possible.

Soon, Dong Tianwen and Cheng Dawei arrived.

Xue Yingying wiped her lips and stood up to greet them, "Boss Dong and Boss Cheng, you haven't been here for several days."

Dong Tianwen looked at her sideways, "Miss Ying was taken away by King Li that night. Even if we want to see you, we can't."

Xue Yingying's smile froze, she picked up a handkerchief to cover her mouth and nose, her voice choked with sobs, "You don't know something. King Li is really cruel and ruthless. He locked the slave family in a small dark room, which frightened the slave family."

Cheng Dawei sat down and picked up the hot tea prepared on the table, "Is it just to lock you up?"

"How could you let me go so easily? I still have scars from being beaten on my back. I couldn't sleep for several nights after I came back. Every time I close my eyes, I see that terrible place."

Cheng Dawei put down the tea cup with a smile and spoke wildly, "You have no proof, why don't you show us your injuries?"

Xue Yingying gave him a cute look, ignored his frivolity, walked to the side and sat down, "I'm still injured. I can't dance for you two today. How about playing a pipa?"

Dong Tianwen nodded, "Go and close the window."

Xue Yingying closed the window and slowly sat down behind the gauze curtain on the side. Her fingertips brushed the strings and smooth tunes flowed out.

The two closed their eyes and listened to the music quietly for a while.

"Has Zhang Ze been looking for you recently?" Cheng Dawei opened his eyes and asked in a low voice.

"No, I asked him several times, but he always made excuses to avoid it. I think he was bribed by King Li."

"Do we have something against him? Does he want to die?"

Dong Tianwen sneered, "I guess he must have some leverage over us, so he dares to be so arrogant."

"Do you think he has handed the evidence to King Li?"

"Why don't we call him here and ask him face to face."

Cheng Dawei thought for a while and shook his head, "The King of Li went outside the city many times, and I was tricked by him to find the bandits. Now that he has a witness, he probably hasn't obtained the physical evidence yet."