Chapter 75

At night.

Lu Ronghuai was changing clothes when Chu Yuan came over.

"Your Majesty, can you not go to pick up Feng Yanchen?"

Lu Ronghuai fastened his belt and looked back at him, "What's wrong?"

Chu Yuan: "It's getting late. There are too many candles at the banquet. I can't stand the smell of candles. I hope your Majesty will give me permission."

Lu Ronghuai walked up to him. He raised his hand to tuck the broken hair behind Chu Yuan's ears, and looked at him gently, "I asked Xian Yu to find the prefect while you were taking a nap, and changed the reception banquet to the garden. The moonlight is very good tonight, Ayuan, don't worry."

Seeing that he had made preparations in advance, Chu Yuan felt warm in his heart and said no more.

Lu Ronghuai waited for Chu Yuan to change his clothes. After thinking about it, he put the curtain hat on Chu Yuan's head.

Facing Chu Yuan's confused look, Lu Ronghuai smiled and didn't explain much.

Most of the people attending the banquet tonight were Pingcheng officials and wealthy businessmen, and their details were unknown. Chu Yuan was too handsome, and he would never allow those people to stare at his wife.

The two of them went out and boarded the car to go to the prefect's mansion.

Prefect Zhang Ze was waiting at the door, and the carriage stopped in front of him.

"My lord and princess, the banquet has been set. Please follow me." He walked over quickly and made an invitation gesture to the two of them.

Seeing Chu Yuan wearing a curtain hat, hiding his face, he asked: "Is the princess acclimatized?"

Lu Ronghuai held Chu Yuan's hand with a calm expression, "Mind your own business and lead the way."

"Okay, prince and princess, go this way." The eunuch sneered and hurriedly stepped forward alone to lead them inside.

Chu Yuan looked around as he walked. Every aspect of the Prefect's Mansion was simple. The garden scenery was sparse and there were no expensive flowers and trees. The scenery in the garden were all common plants and trees, neatly trimmed and scattered.

In the garden, there was a faint sound of voices.

More than thirty people arrived at the prefect's mansion in advance and waited for King Li here.

Seeing the eunuch leading someone in, he was a tall man with cold eyebrows. Everyone in the garden, all tall, short, fat and thin, stood up quickly and saluted in unison.

The actors waiting around the banquet immediately began to play, the strings sounded soft and the timbre was harmonious.

Lu Ronghuai led the people over and sat on the main seat without even looking at them.

The officials and wealthy businessmen paused and couldn't help exchanging glances secretly.

King Li, what does this mean?

Are you going to give them a kick as soon as they arrive?

Some of them were dissatisfied and looked at the prefect with frowns.

The prefect glanced at everyone with a smile, and ran back to his seat in small steps, "Everyone, this is His Royal Highness King Li, and next to him is Princess Li. Come, let us raise our glasses to express our gratitude for the arrival of His Highness King Li. welcome!"