Chapter 48

In the study, Lu Ronghuai carefully and carefully put the red-sealed gold volume into the rosewood gilt lacquer box. After locking it, he picked up the box and turned around to put it on the ancient shelf behind him.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of the familiar black lacquer box.

"Master, General Zhao and the others are here." Xianfeng shouted outside.

"Come in." Lu Ronghuai took out the brocade box and sat back behind the desk again.

Zhao Lu and Xian Shuang came in, followed closely by Xian Feng, and closed the study door.

Zhao Lu burped and said, "Your Majesty, Master Su and Cheng Zhi have left the mansion."

Lu Ronghuai asked them to testify today. Except for Ning Yuqiang, everyone else was invited by him to have dinner at the mansion. After eating, he asked Zhao Lu and the others to arrange a carriage to take them home.

"How did things go?" Lu Ronghuai put the brocade box aside and looked up at them.

Zhao Lu smiled confidently and said: "I will take action, so please rest assured, Your Majesty, it will be a success."

"Can the news from Pingcheng reach Yejing tomorrow?"

Xian Shuang nodded, "My subordinates and General Zhao rushed back overnight. The messenger can't run as fast as us, and it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest."

"Well, have you found any other abnormalities?"

Zhao Lu: "It's true. If the prince hadn't asked us to go there secretly this time, I wouldn't have believed it. The collusion between government and businessmen there was so serious. Many people couldn't survive. The slanderers fell into disgrace to their wives and became bandits."

Xian Shuang stood aside silently, with a solemn expression.

Lu Ronghuai's eyes were calm, and a coldness flashed in his dark eyes.

In the previous life, riots also broke out in Pingcheng after the New Year, but they were quickly suppressed by local officials. Ye Jingli did not receive any news. It was not until he was demoted to Northern Xinjiang three months later that the turmoil in Pingcheng could not be completely suppressed. It was rumored that to the ears of Emperor Hongjia.

At that time, most of the people in Pingcheng had already been killed and injured, and those officials who were preying on the common people had fled.

"How many brothers are left over there?" Lu Ronghuai asked.

Zhao Lu: "According to the prince's instructions, I have left three thousand people there, ready to be dispatched by the prince at any time."

"Tell the brothers not to harm the local people, and to stay put for now."

"My subordinate understands."

"This time, the fire in Pingcheng will definitely reach Yejing. I want to see how they can cover it up."

Suddenly the cry of pigeons sounded outside the window. Xianfeng walked quickly to the window, opened the door, and a gray homing pigeon flew in and landed on Xianfeng's shoulder.

Xianfeng took off the thin bamboo tube from the pigeon's leg and pulled out the small note inside.

"Master, there is a reply from the west. General Zhenxi has submitted a memorial to the court, requesting that he and his family return to Ye Jing."

Xianfeng handed the unfolded note to Lu Ronghuai.

Zhao Lu looked at the note with confusion, "General Zhenxi? He has been stationed on the western border all year round. Why is he coming back at this time?"