009. [Case I] Witnesses, ch.9 - Withered Pupa

Zhang Yu, who came to the police station to help as a consultant, accidentally saw the portrait of the "Reaper" that Gongsun put on the dissection stage and appeared at the scene of the crime ten years ago, but it turned out to provide an amazing clue-Zhang Yu has seen it This "Reaper" has not happened more than once, and the most recent one was in the beginning of this year.

  Zhan Zhaohe Gongsun "dragged" Zhang Yu back to SCI's office and asked him to explain in detail.
  Coincidentally, Bai Yutang and Bai Ye also returned.
  When I entered the SCI office, I saw Zhang Yu holding the portrait, frowning and reconfirming, and finally nodded, "Yes, that's him!"
  Bai Yutang was also surprised, "Have you seen?"

  Bai Ye went to Zhao Jue's side. , I saw him sitting on the sofa with a jar of chocolate on his knees, eating, and his other hand on the back of the sofa, wrapped in a thick layer of gauze.
  Bai Ye looked at his hand in confusion, "What's wrong?"
  Zhao Jue shook his hand, "Guess?"
  Bai Ye was silent for about three seconds, and asked, "Mutated?"
  Zhao Jue squinted at him. Don't talk to him, continue to eat chocolate.

  Bai Chi was afraid of Bai Ye's misunderstanding. Just now he inquired and probably knew what happened, so he whispered to Bai Ye.
  Bai Ye's brows moved slightly, and he gave a dry smile, "Short-lived?"
  Bai Chi blinked.
  Bai Ye dragged a chair to sit down and said, "The fortune teller is half a bucket of water, right? Haven't you heard of the scourge for a thousand years?"
  Zhao Jue flew another eye knife to him.
  Zhang Yu raised his eyes and looked at this side, then helplessly lowered his head and continued to look at the portrait, all to blame...He was indeed half a bucket of water.

  Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao, what that means-how old are you, still use this trick? Or take the opportunity to kill Zhao Jue?
  Zhan Zhao blinked, pretending not to see it, and took out Bai Yutang's knife to watch. Everyone felt that Zhan Zhao's psychological endurance and spiritual control ability seemed to have gone up a step recently.

  "Where have you seen him?" Bai Yutang asked Zhang Yu, the decision still matters.
  Zhang Yu stretched out his hand and took out the phone, began to search for photos, finally found one, and put the phone on the table.
  Everyone leaned over to look and saw that there was a small yard in this photo, and there was a person standing in front of the yard...It was in the costume of the god of death, he showed most of his body, and seemed to be looking into the door. Mobile phone photos are limited in pixels, and the shots are a bit swaying, but the presence of the person can still be clearly seen.
  "Wow..." Jiang Ping couldn't help shouting, "Ghost film!"
  Bai Chi also nodded, so scary!

  "The same person!" Gongsun was excited, "I saw him too!"
  Zhang Yu asked Gongsun concerned, "Are you sure he is a human?"
  Gongsun was slightly taken aback.
  Bai Yutang frowned, "Is there any reason to suspect that he is not a human?"

  Zhang Yu found a chair and sat down. After finishing his thoughts, he began to say, "I often attend some funerals for people to do things. Several people saw him appear at the funeral. At the beginning, I was really shocked, but then I was a little expectant. I wanted to find out the reason for his appearance, but I couldn't find it. He was what I was looking forward to. Sometimes he doesn't show up, but when I'm not mentally prepared, he shows up again. Every time he is near the funeral site, either at the door or at the window. Just look at it from a distance, and wait until I want to be careful. When I saw it, he had disappeared."

  Everyone looked at each other-the sudden disappearance is very similar to Gongsun's description. In the case of Gongsun, the person also disappeared after a sudden appearance.
  Bai Yutang asked, "Don't you think it's weird? Haven't investigated it?"
  "I did a special investigation. After all, it's a weird thing." Zhang Yu said very concerned, "And the wonderful thing is that only I can see every time, others I haven't seen it... I really thought that my ancestors gave me some kind of yin and yang eyes that allowed me to see ghosts and gods, until I was able to take pictures of him with my mobile phone. This should show that he is not a ghost at all."
  "How did you take it?" Bai Yutang was curious.
  "This is a coincidence. I was on the phone that day, and he suddenly appeared." Zhang Yu arrived. "I took the opportunity to take a picture, and I didn't expect it to be taken."
  "The funeral of the people he showed up. What are the characteristics?" Zhan Zhao asked.
  "Those funerals are very ordinary funerals. There are many styles and different beliefs. Some believe in Buddha, some believe in Jesus, and some don't believe in anything." Zhang Yu frowned, "There are also various methods of death. If they have something in common, that would be... the black butterfly."

  Everyone was taken aback.
  "What black butterfly?" Zhan Zhao was curious.
  "There is a legend in the funeral customs, which is found in almost all countries. After a person dies, the soul will turn into a black butterfly or moth to see the family for the last time. When it flies away, the soul of the deceased will also leave." Zhang Yudao.
  "That's because of the body's temperature and smell." Gongsun Dao said from a forensic perspective.
  "I understand, of course it can be explained by science." Zhang Yu nodded, "This situation is actually rare. You have to think like this. Some things become true because they have accumulated a certain amount. For example. A hundred people died, and a black moth appeared next to one's corpse. How many people would die every day in the world? When accumulated to a certain amount, it would naturally become a legend. But in terms of probability, it is easy to die a hundred people. Some kind of insect fell next to one's corpse, maybe it was a cat squatting, or maybe the family dreamed of returning to the deceased's soul at night."

  Zhan Zhao glanced at him and said, "You want to say that there are occasional black spots near the corpse. Butterflies or moths are normal phenomena, but black butterflies appear every time this god of death appears. This is an abnormal phenomenon."
  Zhang Yu snapped his fingers and pointed, "Communicating with smart people is saving effort, I That's what it means."
  "Are you sure it's a butterfly or a moth?" Gongsun asked.
  "Well, it doesn't look like an ordinary butterfly, but it's not a beautiful creature like a moth." Zhang Yu took a pen and paper and drew it for everyone. "Because I kept staying on the corpse, so I It's not easy to take out the phone and take pictures of the corpse? Not to mention that the family members are unhappy, this is also a big taboo in our business."

  Everyone nodded in understanding.
  Zhang Yu drew for a while, then described it again. Everyone looked at Xiao Baichi.
  As a small encyclopedia that loves nature, Bai Chi read it for a while and said, "Night Butterfly."
  "Night Butterfly?" It was the first time everyone had heard of it.
  "To be precise, it is a black-brown shadow butterfly." Bai Chi said, "This butterfly is almost completely black, especially the middle of the wings are as shiny as velvet, and the brown around the wings is close to dark gold, quite gorgeous, probably It is 5-6 centimeters in size and the wings are irregular. If you fly at night, you can hardly distinguish it from the night."
  "It is indeed pure black. The more you go to the wings, the more dark gold is glowing. I have never seen this at all. "Butterfly." Zhang Yu said, "It should be a rare species, but the family members are very happy to see this butterfly."
  Everyone touched their chins.
  Gongsun called Chen Yin and asked about the butterfly in detail.

  Chen Yin told everyone that this brown-end black-yin butterfly is a relatively rare species that is produced in tropical South America. The black-yin butterfly is very mysterious, and zoologists hardly know the status of its larvae, so Chen Yin can give only limited clues. And when it comes to raising butterflies, Chen Yin can help, saying that butterflies are not difficult to raise. He can introduce a few friends who like to raise butterflies to everyone, but it's best not to go if you have insect phobia and intensive phobia. Before the butterfly turns into a butterfly, it is basically in the pure state of a worm, and it is still a disgusting worm.

  Everyone went to see Bai Yutang subconsciously. Sure enough, Captain Bai frowned. The most annoying thing Bai Yutang ranked first was probably all kinds of bugs.
  Zhan Zhao asked Chen Yin to check it out, and Chen Yin naturally agreed.

  Everyone hung up the phone, and then returned to the picture of the god of death.
  Bai Yutang asked Zhang Yu incomprehensibly, "What happened to this butterfly?"
  "Every time it gets dark, it flies away. This kind of butterfly disappears as soon as it flies into the night, and it can't be caught." Zhang Yuyi Spread your hands.

  Bai Yutang looked at Jiang Ping.
  Jiang Ping took a piece of paper and asked Zhang Yu to recall in detail the time and place where he saw the death. As long as there is a time and place, in this era, one or two surveillance can always be found. Although the needle is found in a haystack, there is a computer to help find it, and there may be a clue.

  Here Zhang Yu scratched his head and thought about time and place.
  Over there, Zhan Zhao looked back.
  I saw Zhao Jue, who had always been "noisy", sitting on the sofa in a daze with a chocolate jar.
  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other, feeling a little strange.

  "Speaking of butterflies..." Bai Ye suddenly raised his head and said to Zhao Jue.
  However, before he finished speaking, Zhao Jue's cell phone rang suddenly... "Clang croak~" A soft and clever text message sounded, which seemed to be the sound of a wind chime shaking twice.

  Zhao Jue was slightly taken aback.
  This reaction was quite subtle. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang both saw them and looked at each other again.
  The voices of Zhao Jue's mobile phone text messages are different, and he is also quite idle. Everyone's text message sounds are different. For example, Zhan Zhao's text message notification tone is a cat call, and Bai Yutang's notification tone is a little tiger's call. He went to the zoo to record it. Bao Zheng's text message reminder was the barking of a dachshund, Zhan Qitian was a golden retriever, and Bai Yunwen was a husky. I don't know how he could tell the difference. And Bai Ye's most special... is the wind.

  The sound this time seems to be a porcelain wind ring, which is very light, but it is also very nice.
  Zhao Jue froze for a while before reaching out for his mobile phone, and by the way, he raised his head and gave Bai Ye an incredulous look.
  Bai Ye peeled an orange and slowly said, "I just ran into her near Chaojiu's house."
  Everyone's ears were pricked up, especially Zhan Zhao, who curiously asked Bai Yutang, "Who did you meet?"
  Bai Yutang thought for a while, probably referring to the woman with the Great Dane.

  At this moment, Zhao Jue had already clicked on the text message, took a look, and reached out to touch his chin... It's
  just that Bai Ye helped him block it before his hand touched his chin.
  Zhao Jue returned to his senses, only to realize that he stretched out the injured hand.
  Zhao Jue smiled suddenly, staring at his hand, and said, "Someone is also raising butterflies gracefully. She will appear suddenly, maybe it matters."

  Everyone in SCI looked at Zhao Jue curiously, that meant-- Who?
  Zhao Jue raised a corner of his mouth and said, "Daughter!"

  "Puff..."
  Zhao Jue said, Bai Chi spouted a sip of tea, and everything else in his hands fell out. Zhan Zhao's eyes widened in surprise. Even Bai Yutang showed a surprised look. Gongsun opened his mouth and shook Bai Jintang. Bai Jintang was also very confused. He had never heard that Zhao Jue had a daughter. He was married?
  "What's the situation?" Zhao Zhen was also curious, he was considered seniority, isn't Zhao Jue's daughter his own cousin or cousin?

  Bai Ye said silently, "It's not a kiss."
  Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, and then became curious again, "Daughter? Zhao Jue doesn't look like he would take a daughter."
  So he watched Bai Ye again.
  Bai Ye was speechless, for a long time, he suffocated a sentence, "It doesn't count as..."
  Everyone tilted their heads and became even more confused.

  Zhao Jue stood up, walked to the window, looked at the gorgeous night view of S City through the glass window, and said to himself, "People are strange. Some people are good at everything, but they just don't like it. Some people are not good at anything, but they are likable..."

  Bai Yutang recalled what the woman looked like just now. Her age is indeed unlikely to be Zhao Jue's daughter, but Eugene said that she was waiting. What is her origin?

  Bai Yutang was distracted, and he heard Zhan Zhao suddenly ask, "That death god appeared, and this kind of black shadow butterfly also appeared. Are people following the butterfly or the butterfly following the person?"
  Everyone looked up at Zhan Zhao.
  Zhang Yu held his chin and said, "Those funerals are very common, and nothing else happened after they were finished...Is that god of death a butterfly lover?"
  "But why do rare butterflies from South America appear in ordinary funerals?" Bai Yutang asked.

  "Captain..."
  At this time, Jiang Ping, who ran to check the information, suddenly shouted. Because of his abrupt jump up, the swivel chair was knocked far away.
  Jiang Ping ran over with a sheet of Zhang, "I checked several funerals provided by Zhang Yu, and one of them turned out to be the female student of one of the three deceased."
  Everyone was taken aback, and then they turned their faces together. Zhang Yu.
  Zhang Yu also touched his chin, "It's such a coincidence..."

  Everyone couldn't help but frown. These three serial murders, and Gongsun's case ten years ago, were actually connected to this wonderful point... a strange thing. What is the connection between the god of death and a rare butterfly?

  ...... In the
  noisy night market of S City, a white van shuttled through it, and finally stopped in front of a rolling gate.
  It was a quiet place in the middle of noisy, and it looked like an ordinary warehouse entrance.

  The car stopped, the door opened, Eugene walked down, looked at the rustic van, and sighed.
  Going to the other side, pulling the car door, the woman in black walked down, Eugene went to open the back door again, and two sturdy Great Dane also came out.

  Eugene closed the car door, walked to the rolling gate, took a key from the woman, opened the door and pushed it up. Behind the rolling gate was an iron door.
  Opening the iron door, the scene inside made Eugene frowned, "Wow...every time I come, it's unappetizing." The

  woman smiled slightly, and walked in with the dog.
  Eugene frowned and followed, closing the rolling shutter and iron door.

  Behind the iron gate is an abandoned factory. In the vast and empty workshop, the ironware is rusted, and there is a strong rusty smell, which is close to the smell of blood. The mottled dark stains on the ground looked like dried blood stains. Several dim old-fashioned light bulbs are hung on the roof of the factory building. The voltage is not very stable, and the light is bright and dark.

  There were two big blankets not far away, as well as a food basin and a water basin. The two Great Danes did not go forward with them, and went straight to the food basin and started to eat.

  Eugene raised his eyes and saw three elevators appear in front of him, two of which were broken, the doors were open, and the inside was empty. There were large splashes of blood on the rough painted walls, which made it annoying to see.
  Eugene took a deep breath and walked toward the elevator with the door closed without squinting his eyes.
  When he pressed the elevator button, his eyes still scanned the empty elevator next to him.
  Eugene took a sigh of relief and looked up to look away, but when he raised his head, he saw several hanged bodies hanging on the iron bridge above his head. He gasped again, "Wow... Sister, you The taste is getting heavier."

  The woman in black walked to him, raised her hand and pressed the elevator down button that he hadn't pressed just now.
  The elevator door opened and the two walked in.
  The elevator doors closed...and headed underground.
  And in the two empty elevator doors next to them, there are two square grooves, not knowing how deep they are, because they are filled...by all kinds of twisted and hideous bodies...filled up.

  Eugene stood in the elevator, holding his arms, and said, "If someone enters you by mistake, you will be scared to death." The
  woman didn't speak, and the elevator stopped two floors down, and the door opened... it was a completely different scene in front of her. .

  The black floor of the wooden structure, the open space is empty, and there is a huge potted plant in the middle.
  Eugene opened his mouth wide and looked at the "potted plant", which is a potted plant without a fresh leaf. The twisted dead branches and various styles of withered leaves constitute a beautiful picture of black and dark gold. .

  Eugene opened his mouth wide and approached, and saw a beautiful butterfly struggling out of one of the branches, a "leaf".
  Eugene was surprised, and when he looked closely, he discovered that the so-called "dead leaves" were not actually leaves, but pupas that looked like dead leaves.

  Eugene circled the potted plant and found that several butterflies had broken out of their pupae.
  While watching, I heard the woman suddenly say, "Someone is coming."
  Eugene was taken aback and turned to look at her, "Who? Enemy?" The
  woman smiled, "Besides the enemy, there will still be others looking for me." . "
  Eugene raised an eyebrow," you have not a friend? "
  a woman is not angry, faint smile, his right hand fingers bent index finger fingertips touched his palm. In the palm of his hand, there is a long scar, which extends along the lifeline to close to the wrist, a deep scar.

  ... At the
  door of the rolling gate, Bai Ye's car stopped.
  Zhao Jue opened the door and got out of the car. Zhan Zhaoye and Bai Yutang also walked down in the back seat.

  Zhao Jue took out a key from his pocket and handed it to Bai Ye.
  After Bai Ye opened the rolling gate, he frowned when he saw the iron gate inside, looking at Zhao Jue speechlessly.
  Zhao Jue shrugged.
  Before Bai Ye opened the door, he reminded Zhan Showa and Bai Yutang, "No matter what you see later, stay calm."
  Zhan Showa and Bai Yutang glanced at each other-is there anything that needs to be uncomfortable in it?