045. [Case II] Inheritance, ch.14 - Deep in Memory

In the elevator, Bai Yutang told Zhan Zhao a story hidden deep in his memory. It was not so much forgotten by him as it was neglected by him.
  Bai Yutang remembered that when he was a child, he might have seen Isaiah.

  That was when he was about six or seven years old, when he and Bai Jintang were at home that day, suddenly Bai Yunwen ran back, pulled Bai Jintang aside, and whispered a few words to him.
  Xiao Bai Yutang seemed to hear that Bai Yunwen asked Bai Jintang to recognize someone.
  When the father and son were about to leave, Bai Yutang ran to hold Bai Jintang's hand, and they also wanted to go together.
  It just so happened that Bai's mother was absent that day, and Bai Yunwen didn't worry about leaving Xiao Bai Yutang alone at home, so he took the brothers away...the place they came was a hospital in S city.

  It was not until later that Bai Yutang became a police officer and found out that this is a relatively special hospital. The security measures here are strict because some "special" patients need to be treated.
  Bai Yunwen took Bai Jintang into the intensive care unit that day, and Bai Yutang was left waiting outside the door.
  Through the glass windows, Bai Yutang, who was still young, could barely see the hospital bed in the room. There was a person lying on the bed... From the side, that person should be a teenager with an oxygen mask with many tubes in his body. Several instruments flicker regularly.

  Bai Yunwen asked Bai Jintang a few words, and Bai Jintang seemed to nod his head.
  After that, Bai Yunwen went to the corridor and talked with a doctor while Bai Jintang was still in the room.
  Xiao Bai Yutang slipped into the ward, curiously stood next to his brother and looked at the hospital bed... When he got close, Bai Yutang realized that it was a foreign boy, about the same age as his elder brother, and looked like a Hispanic. Originally, Bai Yutang probably didn't know anything about Latin America and South America at that time... but his childhood sweetheart was a genius who used reading as his breath, so he knew a lot at a young age.

  Bai Yutang grabbed Bai Jintang's hand and asked curiously, "Brother, who is he?"
  Bai Jintang just wanted to speak, when Bai Yunwen walked in and took the two brothers out.

  Out of the ward area, Bai Yunwen took Bai Jintang to the second floor for an inspection, and Bai Yutang waited in the lobby.
  Bai Yutang was unable to sit still. After waiting in the hall for a while, he ran out again. After going around two circles in the huge hospital, he finally returned to the vicinity of the ward for some reason.

  At this moment, I saw a man with high heels in a white coat standing at the door of the ward with his back to the corridor, as if he wanted to go in.
  Bai Yutang walked behind the person and asked, "What is his illness?"
  ... The

  doctor didn't move, but stood still, with his back facing Bai Yutang.
  Bai Yutang raised his face and looked at the figure from the back... This man should be quite old. From behind, his gray hair is slightly curly. Under the white coat, half of black trousers and a pair of black leather shoes can be seen.

  Bai Yutang stared at the figure from the back for a while, and asked, "Aren't you a doctor? Why don't you wear a white coat?"
  After hearing what Bai Yutang said, he was stunned, and then he slowly stepped back. , Seems to want to turn around...

  At this moment,   Bai Jintang's voice came from the other end of the corridor, "Yutang?"
  ...
Bai Yutang looked back, at the corner, Bai Jintang came over, apparently finding that he was missing. Looking everywhere.
  "What are you doing here?" Bai Jintang finally found Bai Yutang, and waved to him, "Go home."
  "Oh..." Bai Yutang nodded, then turned back to remember, only to find the one who was standing at the door just now. The man in the white coat was gone.

  "What are you stupefying?" Bai Jintang came over and took Bai Yutang's hand and walked back, "Dad is looking for you everywhere, you are going to be beaten again."
  Bai Yutang walked around and asked his elder brother, "Brother , Did you see a man in a white coat just now?"
  Bai Jintang was funny, stretched out his hand to press his head and dangled, "What's so strange about seeing a white coat in the hospital?"
  Bai Yutang asked curiously, "Who is in the ward?"
  Bai Jintang answered casually, saying that it was someone he had known before. Because the father and son went to the shopping mall afterwards, Bai Yutang took Bai Jintang to pick up a doll and watched a movie, then turned his head and forgot about it.

  ...
  After listening to Bai Yutang's narrative, Zhan Zhao asked a question, "How do you know that white coat is not a doctor?"
  Bai Yutang, who was driving, was a little bit smiled when he heard Zhan Zhao's question. Is this the point?"
  Zhan Zhao nodded, "Hmm, the eighth achievement of the boy lying on the bed is Isaiah, right? There is nothing to care about. I am more interested in that white coat. Have you seen that person recently?"

  Bai Yutang I was really taken aback and surprised, "Mao, how do you know?"
  "Because you suddenly remembered something." Zhan Zhao explained, "There are many things we don't remember that don't disappear from our brains. But it was sealed deep in the memory. The best way to remember these deeply buried fragments is to have the stimulation & excitement of related affairs. After comparing your recent experience with the memories of the year, I think The sting & exciting point is that'back figure', so coincidentally, I also saw a figure in the eldest brother's dinner, so...is it the same one?"

  Bai Yutang sighed softly, "Mao, someone made it for you." Surprise?"
  Zhan Zhao blinked.
  Bai Yutang was a little weak, "I now suspect that all the gifts I gave you that made you'surprise' were actually within your expectations."
  Zhan Zhao raised his eyebrows, "You can continue to work hard."
  Bai Yutang shook his head helplessly . .
  "Close to the subject." Zhan Zhao asked, "Why do you know that man is not a doctor?"

  "Feeling." Bai Yutang replied.
  Zhan Zhao frowned and stared at him--want to fool him?
  Bai Yutang said, "That ward is an intensive care unit. The overall dress and atmosphere of the doctors in the rounds are in harmony with the environment, but the back figure of the white coat I saw is inexplicably incompatible with this environment... The black leather shoes are particularly uncoordinated, and his posture of standing leaning against the door makes me feel a little sneaky."
  Zhan Zhao smiled slightly, "It turns out that this wild animal's intuition has already appeared when it was so young. "
  Bai Yu can't laugh or cry-is this compliment?

  "Then the most important question." Zhan Zhao asked, "Is that the same person we saw at the Big Brother's dinner?"
  "I'm not sure." Bai Yutang answered honestly, "Observe." The angle of view is different. When I was a child, I looked up, but now I am looking up. I can't judge. But..."
  "But..." Before Bai Yutang finished speaking, Zhan Zhao continued, "The kind that doesn't fit in with the surrounding environment. It feels the same, isn't it?"
  Bai Yutang sighed, "I definitely didn't surprise you."
  Zhan Zhao smiled...

  At this time, Bai Yutang stopped the car.
  Zhan Zhao looked up and saw that they came to an area on the outskirts of the city. It was like an abandoned wharf, with a large number of used containers stacked, there are many rusty pipeline facilities, a few old bungalows and a large area of ​​abandoned factories. The surrounding weeds are long and barren.

  Bai Yutang opened the door, and in front of him, Zhao Hu and Ma Han got out of the car.
  Ma Han was pressing the earphones, looking down at the address display on the tablet, and asked Jiang Ping, "Are you sure it's here?" Jiang Ping, who
  had already returned to the SCI, nodded, "Well, the address provided by Isaiah is here."

  Bai Yu Tang frowned and observed the surrounding environment. "Is the last geneticist here?"
  "Be careful." Zhan Zhao reminded, "If this is the person we are looking for, then he is quite dangerous."

  Bai Yutang nodded, this At that time, Zhao Hu ran over and whispered, "Boss, there is someone inside!"
  Both Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked up.
  At the gate of the factory, Ma Han leaned against the wall and looked inside. Seeing Bai Yutang looking over, he made a gesture.

  Bai Yutang frowned.
  Zhan Zhao asked, "What do you mean?"
  "Ma Han saw four people, all fully armed." Bai Yutang frowned.
  "Do we need special police support?" Bai Chi asked.

  As soon as he finished questioning, Bai Yutang suddenly raised his head.
  Zhan Zhao and Zhao Hu looked at each other.
  Bai Yutang looked towards the entrance of the factory.
  At this time, Ma Han and Luo Tian who were at the door seemed to have discovered something. They looked at each other and ran in.

  Bai Yutang and others immediately ran in... and

  he saw a man in black lying next to a container with a shot in the head, and another lying not far in front.
  Luo Tian pressed his neck and frowned, "Dead."
  Ma Han pointed to the factory building in front of him, "A few people just went in."

  "Brother." Bai Chi pulled Zhanzhao and pointed at the dead man. The man in black said, "This is a professional assassin. Just like the people who attacked and hit Amo before, they are all hired."
  Zhan Zhao frowned, "It seems that people from G have already arrived!"

  "It should be. arrived not long. "INTERACTIVE want to go, Chan Chao gently pull him and said," Do not worry. "
  INTERACTIVE somewhat puzzled to see Chan Chao," Do not worry? what if ...... G "
  " G also Not here." Zhan Zhao said, pointing to the surrounding containers.
  Everyone found that these containers were sprayed with a lot of strange symbols, some numbers of friends, which looked messy, but they seemed to be regular.

  "What are these?" Zhao Hu asked curiously.
  "The one inside should be the person we are looking for." Zhan Zhao said, "These killers were hired by him to serve as guards, and those killers were hired by G, and their purpose is actually the same."
  "Use?" Everyone did not. Solving
  "Cannon Fodder!" As

  soon as Zhan Zhao's words were finished, they heard a "boom" and everyone lowered their heads subconsciously...Look again...There was an explosion in that factory building, and the shock wave shattered the windows and glass slag. Flying out all the way, thick smoke billowing.

  Bai Yutang frowned, "It's a trap?"
  "It's an alarm, to be precise." Zhan Zhao said, "When such a big alarm

  goes off, it can delay a lot of time. He must have ran away!" "Where did you go?" Zhao Hu ask.
  Zhan Zhao asked Bai Chi, "What did this factory do before?"
  Xiao Baichi recalled the map of city S in his memory, and said, "It used to be a sewage treatment plant."
  Zhan Zhao nodded, "Under the factory is urban drainage. One of the intersections of the pipelines."

  Bai Yutang understood, "So he is underground now?"
  " Over there!" Zhao Hu pointed to the front, and there was a sign of the sewer entrance at the entrance of a factory building.

  Bai Yutang stood up.
  Zhan Zhao asked Bai Chi to go to the car to fetch Bai Yutang's knife... Recently, Bai Yutang was practicing the knife, and the knife was placed in the trunk of the car.
  Bai Yutang was puzzled, "Need a knife?"
  Zhan Zhao said to Bai Yutang earnestly, "This murderer is quite cunning, and his physical skills and fighting skills are much better than ordinary people. You can't hit him with a
  gun !" Can't hit?" Zhao Hu was horrified.
  "He is a mathematical genius who can calculate the trajectory of bullets!" Zhan Zhao added, "but remember, his strength lies in his regularity, but his weakness is also in his kind of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Regularity and balance."

  Bai Yutang nodded, but frowned to look at Zhan Zhao, "Mao'er, are you not going?"
  Zhan Zhao shook his head, "I'm not going, I'm here waiting for G."

  Now, not only Bai Yutang, but the others' eyes widened.
  "Mao..." Bai Yutang was worried.
  Zhan Zhao patted him on the shoulder, "Don't worry."

  Bai Yutang looked at the other people around him. Zhan Zhao knew that he was considering leaving a few people to protect him, so he smiled slightly, "The more people left, the more it is for G. The more advantageous, um...but someone can stay and help."
  After speaking, Zhan Zhao pointed to Ma Han.

  Ma Han was taken aback.
  Zhao Hu was also surprised, "Is it useful to leave Brother Ma? Only the captain is here to prevent hypnosis!"
  Zhan Zhao smirked and patted Bai Yutang, "Hurry up! Don't let that bastard run away! Give it to G." Me."

  Although Bai Yutang is still a little worried, he has always been confident in Zhan Zhao's decision, and he is more relieved to leave Mahan.
  Without further ado, Bai Yutang confessed Zhan Zhao's "careful", and ran towards the sewer with Luo Tian, ​​Zhao Hu and Bai Chi.

  When everyone was gone, the only thing left in the abandoned factory was the complacent Zhan Zhao and the confused Mahan.
  Ma Han looked at Zhan Zhao vigilantly, always feeling that he was not safe, so he might as well go into the sewer...

  Zhan Zhao didn't speak, and stood there with a smile and stared at him.
  After a while, Ma Han couldn't help it and asked, "Doctor... are you sure I can deal with G if I stay?"
  Zhan Zhao smiled slightly, stretched out his hand, and gently pointed at Ma Han's temple.

  Mahan puzzled.
  Zhan Zhao said, "G can't help you, don't forget... Zhao Jue had insurance for you."
  Ma Han was taken aback and looked at Zhan Zhao in surprise.

  In the previous ghost ship case, when everyone was on the ghost ship to deal with Emilia, Zhao Jue asked to be alone with Ma Han for a while. At that time, no one knew what Zhao Jue did to him, but Ma Han said it after returning home. & Weight, found that he was two kilograms lighter that day, but he couldn't remember what happened. After half a year, he was trembling every day, fearing that Zhao Jue would hypnotize him and let him do bad things, but the days passed for a long time, and there was no adverse reaction.

  "You said... what does it mean that Zhao Jue has insured me?" Ma Han was puzzled.
  Zhan Zhao walked slowly to the door with his hands in his pockets, and said to Ma Han, "Zhao Jue probably had expected the day we would hit G, so I took insurance with you first... I will wait to see today. G is stumbling, let's get him off the hook... By the way, let the one lying on the roof use hemp & drunk bullets, don't really kill G."

  Mahan puzzled.
  Zhan Zhao shook two fingers at him.
  Ma Han frowned, took out the phone and dialed ELEVEN's number.

  After a while, the phone connected, "cough cough."
  Ma Han frowned and raised his head when he heard the cough, and looked at a tall building in the distance.
  On the phone, ELEVEN's voice came
  , "Oh , smile." Ma Han was puzzled, "Why did you come? Your news is a little too well-informed..."
  Zhan Zhao interjected, "He Put a tracker in your pocket."
  Ma Han was surprised, reached out to touch his pocket, looking at Zhan Zhao speechlessly, "Doctor...when did you find out?"
  Zhan Zhao blinked, "Well...the cafe exploded. The night of the case."
  Ma Han was speechless.
  Zhan Zhao shook his head, "Who tells you to wear this jacket when you go out?" On the
  other side of the phone, ELEVEN's laughter came.

  Zhan Zhao stretched out his hand and took the phone in Ma Han's hand, and said to ELEVEN on the other end of the phone, "I will reach out and touch my nose, and you will shoot."
  ELEVEN smiled and asked, "Who hit?" While
  speaking, a white car slowly approached in the distance.
  Zhan Zhao saw the car, sneered, and answered ELEVEN's question, "Incongruous one."

  ... The
  spacious sewer, although it has been abandoned for a long time, still smells of rust and bleach.
  Zhao Hu and Bai Chi followed Bai Yutang and Luo Tian, ​​and everyone walked forward along the pipeline.

  The pipelines here are intricate, but Bai Chi relies on his good memory to point out the direction of each pipeline.
  Luo Tian listened to a water pipe with his ear for a while, then turned his head and said to Bai Yutang, "There are indeed footsteps."

  Bai Yutang stood in front of the bifurcation of the sewer, looking at the two black holes & the entrances of the holes in front.
  Zhao Hu asked, "Boss, where do you go?"
  Bai Yutang stood for a while, shook his head, "It's the same everywhere."
  Everyone looked at him puzzled.
  Bai Yutang lowered his voice and said, "He will come back here..."

  After speaking, a gust of wind blew.
  The people in the sewer were getting goose bumps in the cold and foul-smelling wind.
  Luo Tian, ​​who was still listening to the water pipe, suddenly raised his head.
  Bai Yutang led the crowd to run into the sewer on the left a few steps, standing against the wall, waiting with breath...

  Almost at the same time, there was a regular "click, click" footsteps in the pipe on the right. , The footsteps from far to near, there is a sense of stability and regularity similar to the sound of a pendulum.
  Listening to the footsteps, Bai Yutang stretched out his hand, waved to Luo Tian Zhaohu and the others, and signaled him not to act rashly... This person, as Zhan Zhao said, is extremely dangerous!