055. [Case III] Dislocation, ch.2 - Bug Stealer

"Bugs?"
  "Yes, bugs!"
  "So big bugs?"
  "Hmm! Big bugs!"
  "Laser pattern eh!"
  "Awesome!"
  "Cockchafer?"
  "It's still a plus version of cockchafer!
  " Isn't   it a long-horned beetle?"
  "There are white spots on the back of a long-
horned beetle." "Is that a unicorn?"
  ... In the
  SCI office, the SCI people who have interrupted their trip to the amusement park are now gathering around the table and admiring that. Strange bugs in an ecological box.

  Chen Yin and Zhao Qin were a little more excited, squatting at the table, their eyes were at the same level as the insects, and they were carefully observing.

  Bai Chi was looking through the huge encyclopedia of insects that he didn't know where to find.
  Zhan Zhao looked at the eco-box, at Bai Chi, and at the packing box without the sender's information. He was a little puzzled—who sent me this stuff?

  Just thinking about it, Bai Yutang walked up beside him.

  Captain Bai was playing an actual game with Chen Yin, Zhao Hu, Ma Han, and the Lan family.
  Originally, their team's tactics were set properly, the team's execution ability was strong, and the score was far ahead. Seeing that they were about to lead the other two teams into the ambush circle, who knew that Chen Yin suddenly stood up after receiving a text message and shouted excitedly.
  His shouting immediately revealed their position. Bai Yutang and the others were flanked by the other two teams, they became targets, and they were hit with paintballs.

  Bai Yutang took the towel and wiped the paint splashed on his arm, walked to Zhan Zhao's side, and asked inexplicably, "What bug?"
  Zhan Zhao turned his mouth at the table.
  Bai Yutang leaned over and took a look, and immediately retreated back with a look of disgust, and took a look at Zhan Zhao, "Did you provoke something abnormal again?"
  Zhan Zhao really touched his chin and thought about it seriously, and probably paused. Three minutes later, his serious face shook his head at Bai Yutang, "My uncle has not offended anyone in the past month!"
  Captain Bai helped his forehead helplessly.

  Bai Chi turned over an encyclopedia twice, put down the book and scratched his head, and asked Zhao Qin, "There is no such kind of bug in the book! Where can there be such a big beetle and laser light...Is it an unknown species?"

  Zhao Qin: "This worm does not exist naturally!"
  He said, and Gongsun and Ma Xin, who were interested in missing information, looked up.
  Ma Xin put the folder in his hand under his arm, and he came over with a swish, holding his glasses with his fingers to observe the bug, "What does it mean to not exist naturally? Alien creatures"
  Zhan Zhao immediately became energetic when he heard it. "The alien civilization really invaded the earth in the form of a worm!" he
  said, pulling out his mobile phone to take pictures.
  Bai Yutang shook his head helplessly, and continued to wipe his hands silently.

  Zhao Qin shook his head, "It's an earth creature, but it's not a natural reproduction or artificial cultivation, but a transformation!" As
  soon as Zhao Qin finished speaking, he received a biting gaze, subconsciously shook, looked up, and saw Gongsun. He was squinting his eyes and staring at him, and slowly said, "Reform..."

  "There are not no laser bugs." When
  everyone heard it, they looked at the speaker-Lan Che.
  Lan Qi had been accompanying Hao Ling to flip through the brochure of the Confinement Center just now. He also saw the bug, and felt a bit like a bug he had seen before.
  "I have seen this kind of beetle in Kashmir before. It is laser-colored, blue, green, yellow, red and purple. It can fly and eat moths. What kind of carapace is it called?"
  "Jianxing Carrier."
  Chen Yin was in a state of excitement . It's to recover and stand up.

  "Xianxing Carrier, Carabidae, are distributed in Xinjiang, West Asia, Siberia and other places in my country." Bai Chi did see this kind of bug just now, but it was not like the one in the box.
  Xiao Baichi turned to the pages that introduced the Xinjiang Star Carrier, "The Jiangxing Carrier does not have the front antennae. There should be more than a dozen grooves on the elytra. This bug is flat, and the antennae and feet are different... ..."
  Everyone leaned over to read the book, looked at the bugs, and nodded—yes! The color is similar, but it is not a bug at all.

  "In my memory, it's not that big." Lan Qi also nodded.

  "Hmph."
  Chen Yin smiled slightly and looked excited, "Jianxing Star Carrier belongs to the order Coleoptera. This insect has the characteristics of Coleoptera, but the filamentous tentacles on its head belong to the order of Lacewings. Smooth carapace The large size is similar to the Anda flat stag beetle, belonging to the stag beetle family. The forefoot basal fossa is closed, which is a characteristic of the guogongiidae; the chest and abdomen have a metallic luster, which is a characteristic of the subfamily. It is a characteristic of Curculionidae; the hind feet have circular patterns, some resembling small stink bugs; the tail has a thick tail clip, which is a typical globularia characteristic. Viewed from the side, the back plate is developed, not flat like Coleoptera, but like The arched lunar cockroach. In addition, the developed upper jaw is a characteristic of the isoptera..."
  Chen Yin Barabala said endlessly, and he kept jumping out about the types of general subjects... Everyone's mouth grew bigger and bigger.

  Zhao Hu asked Ma Han with a look of entanglement: "What are Coleoptera? Which foot is the filamentous antenna?"
  Bai Yutang wanted to cover his ears with a towel, and he felt sick at all.
  Among the people, probably only Gongsun could understand Chen Yin's words very well.

  "How is this possible?"
  Gongsun bent over to the side of the ecological box, staring at the bug and looked at it carefully. The more you look at it, the more puzzled it is. "Why do the characteristics of different orders and different families appear in a bug? Gene mutations It's impossible to make it like this...It doesn't conform to the laws of nature."
  Zhan Zhao asked Chen Yin, "So what does it mean that this insect is modified? Are several of them disassembled and assembled together?"
  Everyone raised their faces and thought for a while, they couldn't help their eyelids flicking-the bug version of Frankenstein?
  This time it was Gongsun's turn to take out his mobile phone to take a picture, "I like this!"

  Zhan Zhao stretched out his finger and tapped the eco-box lightly.
  After two "Da Da" sounds, the insect lying on the branch turned around, as if it was disturbed and moved very freely.
  "It looks very healthy." Zhan Zhao asked Chen Yin, "There are no traces of splicing, and none of the scars."
  Zhao Hu heard Yunshan Mist, "Can insects also be surgically operated?"
  "Earthworms or something, cut in half. , The other half can grow a head and continue to live."
  "Yes, the insects are still relatively strong."
  Luo Tian and Qin Ou didn't know what strange children's books they usually read with their sons and discussed. Worms.

  Bai Yutang wiped his hands, shook his head and went to the bathroom to wash the towels. Captain Bai didn't understand why it was obviously on vacation, but instead he came to the office to discuss bugs.

  ...
  Bai Yutang walked into the bathroom and saw a police officer washing his hands in front of the sink.
  Because the toilet on this floor of the SCI building is close to the forensic room, there are usually no people coming. Seeing that there are police officers who are not SCI appearing here, Bai Yutang was also a little surprised.
  The man raised his head and saw Bai Yutang through the mirror, and then turned around to say hello, "Captain
  Bai ." Bai Yutang nodded. He is also familiar with this police officer, who is from the Economic Crime Division downstairs. Economic crimes are divided into more detailed categories because they require relatively strong professional knowledge. This name is Zhou Ming, and he is in charge of a rather strange department-art crime.
  Zhou Ming and Gongsun are classmates of "Xiaochu Gao", who belong to Faxiao, and both are expert police officers. However, Zhou Ming didn't look as gentle as Gongsun. This grandma had long gray hair and a very artistic beard. She was tall and thin, and looked like a decadent painter.
  Bai Yutang and the others would ask him for help if they encounter some problems related to artworks. Zhou Ming is also a "rare species", his shooting level is second only to Zhan Zhao, and second to last in the police station.

  Bai Yutang turned on the faucet to wash the towels, and saw Zhou Ming finished washing his hands, took a paper towel to wipe his hands slowly, and did not leave, just looking at him from the side.
  Captain Bai looked at him and asked, "What's the matter?"
  Zhou Ming smiled, "I wanted to go to SCI to find you, but I just walked to the door and saw your eldest brother at the door, so I was scared to run to the toilet."
  Bai Yutang was also dumbfounded. Because Zhou Ming had a good relationship with Gongsun, he was more disliked by Brother Bai. There was a time when the two of them went upstairs talking and laughing, Zhou Ming also put Gongsun's shoulders, so coincidentally, Bai Jintang saw them.
  After that, Big Brother Bai looked at Zhou Ming's eyes with a bit of murderousness, and was so frightened that he felt his hands hurt when he saw Bai Jintang from afar.
  Gongsun even protested to Bai Jintang about this, saying-it's just being a child!
  Brother Bai's eyes are cold-fireproof, anti-theft, prevent small hair!

  ...
  "Look for me?" Bai Yutang was a little strange, and asked, "Investigate the case?"
  Zhou Ming nodded, "Encountered something strange."
  Bai Yutang turned off the faucet and asked Zhou Ming to follow him back to the SCI office.
  Zhou Ming shook and suggested, "Would you like to go downstairs? Go to my place and say, I can show you some pictures."
  Bai Yutang nodded and followed Zhou Ming downstairs.

  ...
  There are a lot of artworks in Zhou Ming's office, and I don't know which ones are real and which are fake. They are arranged like a warehouse. Bai Yutang thinks that the artworks are still better than the bugs upstairs.
  Zhou Ming took a document and found a cleaner desk to put it down.
  Bai Yutang walked over to look and found that it was a bunch of photos, all of which were plants, not works of art.

  Zhou Ming sighed, "A case came a few days ago, and several departments under the Economics Department pushed it around. They were not within their own powers. Because we were the most idle, the case was given to us in the end."
  Bai Yutang picked up the photo. After looking at it, I selected a panoramic view of the building from the many photos of plants... This building is pure white, very artistic, and familiar.
  Bai Yutang immediately recognized it. It was located in the Natural Museum in the southern suburbs of S City. Yangyang and Xiaoyi and their school visited there before, and brought a bunch of catalogues back, and what dinosaur models were there.

  Bai Yutang looked at Zhou Ming puzzledly, "What case?"
  Zhou Ming spread his hands, "A serial museum was stolen."
  Bai Yutang looked at him—however you look at the case that you are responsible for.
  Zhou Ming sighed, "We deal with many museum robberies every year, but the nature museum is the first time! I'm an artist, not an animal or plant."

  Bai Yutang stunned slightly. Just now, on the way back from the car, he exhibited. Zhao seemed to have a chat with Gongsun about the Nature Museum. The girls in the car were too noisy. He didn't hear them clearly and didn't pay much attention... Is it such a coincidence? "
  Bai Yutang called Zhan Zhao and asked him to come downstairs to have a look, and asked Zhou Ming, "Serial theft of the Natural Museum?" What did you stole? "

  Zhou Ming looked dumbfounded and showed Bai Yutang several other photos.
  Captain Bai frowned when he glanced at it. The photos were all rows of open drawers. There were various insect specimens in the drawers, one by one. Pai, I saw that Bai Yutang got goose bumps. This was densely packed and more disgusting than the one upstairs.

  Zhou Ming pulled out a list from the folder and said, "I lost a lot of insect specimens, scattered, what Guo Gongchong, Li Jingui, Xiao Yang Stinky, Jiang Xing Carrier, Lunar Cockroach..."
  Zhou Ming thought to himself, but did not notice that Bai Yutang had stared at the piece of paper in his hand in surprise... Bai The captain has a good memory. He has heard this bunch of insect names for the second time today. Just now, when Chen Yin introduced the characteristics of that insect, all these names appeared!

  "Yeah. "
  At this time, a voice came from outside the door.
  Bai Yutang and Zhou Ming raised their heads, and saw Zhan Zhao leaning at the door and looking at them. The expressions on their faces should be considered high-interested.
  Zhan Zhao strolled over, took care of a few stolen Nature Museums on the table, and said to Bai Yutang, "Chen Yin's list of stolen museums and stolen insects is more detailed than here."
  Bai Yutang asked Zhan Zhao, "You are right. Are you interested in this case?"
  Zhan Zhao smiled, "According to Chen Yin's speculation, there are still several kinds of bugs that have not been stolen. In the past few days, there is a newly-built science and technology center in S city that is preparing to open to the public, including a natural science area. There is an insect museum. Chen Yin was invited to make a recommended list for the insect museum... It is easy to add the bugs that the thief has not yet stolen."
  Bai Yutang thought for a while, "So we waited for the rabbit to catch the bug stealer. Or a gang?"
  Zhan Zhao shrugged, "Is it idle anyway."

  Seeing that the two were interested, Zhou Ming on the side hurriedly stuffed all the photos into the folder and handed it to Zhan Zhaohe Bai Yutang, and then spread his hands. , That means-you guys have fun! ~