071. [Case IV] Countdown, ch.1 - Ordinary Homicide

After signing the last document on the table, Bai Jintang took a deep breath, put down his pen, and checked the time.

"Is there nothing to do today?" Bai Jintang asked Xiaoding who was reading a document.

Xiaoding picked up the phone and flipped through the calendar, nodded, "You can rest in the afternoon, and there will be a meeting at 9:30 tomorrow morning."

Bai Jintang nodded in satisfaction, took out his mobile phone, and prepared to find Gongsun for dinner.

Just after the call was connected, before Bai Jintang had time to speak, he heard Gongsun yelling over there, "It's too late! There are 14 days left, I will have dinner in 14 days! Mua~~"

After speaking, the phone was disconnected.

Bai Jintang took the phone, showing a frozen state.

Xiaoding next door also heard the noise on the phone, and looked at his boss in JPG mode suspiciously.

After a pause of a few seconds, Bai Jintang decisively changed Bai Yutang's number.

Soon, the call was connected.

"Big Brother?"

Probably, when Gongsun answered the phone just now, Bai Yutang was next to him, and he explained to Bai Jintang, "We encountered a case and it will be broken within 14 days."

Bai Jintang had actually expected it, and he might have encountered some perversion that drove Gongsun crazy.

"Where are you?" Bai Jintang asked.

"At the scene, Gongsun will return to SCI in a while."

"Yeah." Bai Jintang hung up the phone, ready to wait to see the SCI.

As soon as the phone hung up, it rang again.

Bai Jintang looked down, and it was Zhao Jue who called.

"Come down!"

As soon as Bai Jintang answered the phone, he heard Zhao Jue say two words angrily.

Xiaoding was at the window and saw Zhao Jue's car downstairs. He pointed to Bai Jintang to indicate that Zhao Jue was at the door.

Bai Jintang was a little puzzled, and asked Zhao Jue, who was silent on the other end of the phone, "Where to go?"

"Go to the grave!"

Holding the mobile phone, Bai Jintang was once again in a frozen state.

For a long time, Bai Jintang asked Xiaoding, "The space-time disorder and parallel universe that Zhan Zhao said that day, has it ever happened?"

"Huh?" Xiaoding was confused.

Bai Jintang glanced at the phone again with some confusion, and muttered, "It's all weird."

Anyway, there was no grandson to eat together. Brother Bai got up, picked up the suit and put it on, and went downstairs.

...

When he got downstairs, Zhao Jue asked him to get in the car.

Bai Ye was driving.

Bai Jintang sat in the back seat and felt that the atmosphere in the car was not too right.

Bai Ye is quite normal, but Zhao Jue owes him hundreds of millions of dollars, and his face is full of "I am unhappy".

"What happened?" Bai Jintang asked Bai Ye.

Bai Ye briefly said the matter.

Zhao Jue grumbled and said, "I turned my braids before I did it! It's too cheap for them!"