018. [Case I] Witnesses, ch.18 - Relics

Chen Xiaofei's mother chatted with Zhan Zhao Bai Yutang in the office. Chen Xiaofei was walking around like an ant on a hot pot, while others surrounded Bai Chi to see the "theft" he found.

  The newspaper Zhan Zhao asked Bai Chi to read was old material. Xiao Bai Chi borrowed the newspaper from the library and was bitten by a bookworm while looking at it. The one who scratched his head and scratched his cheeks never found the clue that Zhan Zhao wanted.
  Originally, Xiao Baichi thought it was a needle in a haystack, but who knows, after a lot of browsing, he really found it!
  Bai Chi found a small piece of report on a certain theft in a newspaper. Although it was only a small piece of dried tofu, the basic description matched what Zhan Zhao asked him to investigate. The key is to attach the picture!
  "Eh!" Zhao Hu looked at the picture while holding the newspaper.
  Gongsun found information about the case ten years ago, and compared it with that picture...

  what is the contrast? It's a knot!

  "This is the knot that appeared in the unsuccessful case in the botanical garden ten years ago." Gongsun said, "The time I saw the god of death."
  Chen Xiaofei heard "the god of death" and looked at it.
  "This theft case occurred fifty years ago." Bai Chi said, "At that time, an old museum in City S was stolen, and the police did not find a clue. The next day the museum curator committed suicide and committed suicide by hanging a beam, but he died. Quite suspicious! Because the beam of the museum is so high, the curator just hangs in the air, his clothes are not messy, and there is no support for him to climb on. The newspaper photo provides a picture of the knot, which is probably The investigators also found this knot to be very special, and when a reward order was issued, a reward for the clue provider."
  "Almost the same as the case in the Botanical Garden ten years ago!" Gongsun was surprised.

  "Does it also mean the number six?" Bai Chi asked Zhao Hu.
  Zhao Hu shook his head, "It's nine in the newspaper!"
  "What's the difference?" Luo Tian thought it was the same.
  "It's the opposite." Zhao Hu said, "It looks similar, but the knotting method is different."
  Gongsun asked Chen Xiaofei, "Have you seen your father use this kind of knot? Or is there in the thing left for you?"
  Chen Xiaofei shook his head, "No, my father is the most stupid. It's weird to tie this kind of knot." up! " "

  Ha ah ~ "
  are all discussing the awful old cases when nap on the couch Zhao Jue suddenly rolled over, sat up and yawned, it appears to be waking up.
  Everyone turned to look at him with a shuddering sound.
  Zhao Jue blinked. He felt that this group of people were acting like some kind of social animals, so he asked, "What are you doing?"
  Zhao Hu suddenly became interested and leaned in to ask, "My lord, you know everything. I don't know?"
  Zhao Jue's mouth moved, and he looked at Zhao Hu with a smile, and the audience next to him nodded once again with that look-definitely the look in the Husky's eyes.
  Zhao Jue took the knot in the photo and showed it to Zhao Jue, and asked, "Have you seen this? Do you know what it means?"
  Zhao Jue glanced at the photo, did not move, seemed to be in a daze, or not yet wake.

  Zhao Hu smiled, looking quite owed, that meant-there was also knowledge that Zhao Jue didn't know, but he knew.
  When Zhao Hu was proud, Zhao Jue suddenly clapped his hands, "Oh!"
  Zhao Hu was startled, and his first reaction was - is this some new hypnotic technique?
  Zhao Jue looked at Chen Xiaofei again, "No wonder I feel a bit familiar!"
  Everyone was puzzled, "Familiar?"

  Zhao Jue hooked his finger to Zhao Hu and said, "Where are the photos you took in that ghost house? His grandpa Bring that one!"
  Gongsun pulled out the portrait of Grandpa Chen Xiaofei from a bunch of photos.
  Zhao Jue picked it up and laughed, "Do you think this person is familiar?"
  Everyone looked at each other-familiar? Like who?

  Gongsun looked at Chen Xiaofei, then looked at the photo, and touched his chin, "Hmm..."
  Qin Ou glanced at it and said, "I think it looks a bit like Chen Mi."
  "The eyes are indeed like..." Ma Xin covered the photo's nose with his hand, leaving his eyes and forehead, "Does it look like Grandpa Chen? ? " "

  Oh yes! "ANS nodded," like his grandfather Chen Yu! "
  Chen Xiaofei looked puzzled crowd," What are you talking ah? " "

  Mi Chen and Chen Yu's father Chen Xinglong is the century robber. "Gongsun asked, "But the age doesn't seem to match the museum theft case!"
  "Some skills, especially the earth-shattering skills, are inherited. If the next generation does not inherit it, it is very likely that the next generation will also inherit it. Zhao Jue smiled slightly. "This kid is a few years younger than Chen Yu. If his grandfather is still alive, he should be about the same age as Old Chen. You all know that Old Chen's son is the king of thieves. King of Thieves? Still someone who hasn't been caught in a lifetime, Legendary King of Thieves."
  Everyone took a breath...Isn't it!
  "The surname is Chen, are they relatives?" Gongsun was surprised.
  Bai Chi held up the newspaper and asked, "Is Grandpa Chen's father
  responsible for this museum theft?" Chen Xiaofei tilted his head and heard a little understanding, "It means...my great-grandfather?"

  At this moment, I heard a woman's voice. "That's right, it's your great-grandfather."
  Everyone turned around and saw the door of Bai Yutang's office opened, and Chen Xiaofei's mother came out. It was her who answered everyone just now.
  It seems that Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang got a lot of clues from Chen's mother. Zhan Zhao holds some information, which is probably also provided by Chen's mother.

  Chen Xiaofei opened his mouth wide, astonished.
  "I heard from his father before that the father-in-law has a brother who has been separated since childhood and never saw him again." Mother Chen reluctantly came over and patted her son on the head and said, "Your great-grandfather is indeed a thief, or an elegant thief. Stealing works of art. This mask..."
  After speaking, Mother Chen reached out and picked up the mask and said, "After stealing this mask, your great-grandfather disappeared. Before he left, he sent the two children to his friends for foster care, leaving them one thing. In order to recognize each other in the future, this mask is what your grandfather

  stayed with . Unfortunately, your grandfather passed away too early, and in the end there were no brothers reunited." Mother Chen thanked Zhan Zhaohe and Bai Yutang, and asked Chen Xiaofei to stay and cooperate with the investigation and left. Up.
  Chen Xiaofei was surprised, "My mother didn't tell me such a glorious history of my family..."
  Zhao Hu patted him on the head before he finished speaking, "Your heart is also quite broad. Is the ancestor a thief with a glorious history?"
  Chen Xiaofei squinted." Robin Hood is also a thief! My grandfather's father must have robbed the rich and helped the poor..."
  Before he was finished, everyone showed him the mask of death. What does it mean-stealing such a terrible thing and robbing the rich and helping the poor?
  "Moreover, two murders were involved!" Gongsun reminded him, "twice there were knots, two suicides in disguise, one was your grandfather at the scene, and one was suspected to be your dad at the scene!"

  Zhan Zhao looked at Zhang that Bai Chi had found. The newspaper reported, nodding, and asked Jiang Ping to check what was on display in the museum back then.

  Bai Yutang walked to the side of the sofa and sat down.
  Zhao Jue took the mask and handed it to Bai Yutang.
  Bai Yutang was originally a cleanliness habit. After knowing that this mask is the entire face, he didn't want to touch it. He frowned and looked at Zhao Jue-why?
  Zhao Jue smiled, "Try it on." The
  rest of the people looked to the sky-Ken Dai is weird!
  Sure enough, Bai Yutang looked disgusted.

  "Feel it, maybe you will transform like a disguised geek!" Zhao Jue said a cold joke heartlessly.

  Zhao Hu had no taboos, so he tried it on.
  Everyone couldn't help frowning--I don't know why, this side has a horrible feeling, Zhao Hu's sunny personality, after putting on this mask, it immediately gave people a very scary feeling.
  Chen Xiaofei also touched his chin to study, "I wear it by myself. The first time I saw someone wearing it, it turned out to be so terrifying!"
  Zhao Hu took off the mask and shook his head, "It doesn't feel much."

  Zhao Jue again He glanced at Bai Yutang, "Try it on?"
  Bai Yutang was puzzled, why must he wear it by himself?
  At this moment, Bai Ye walked in outside the door and sat down on the sofa next to Bai Yutang.
  Chen Xiaofei glanced at Bai Ye curiously, then went to Bai Yutang, and said to his heart, these two are brothers? What a miraculous genetic gene!
  Bai Ye took the mask and gave it to Bai Yutang, saying, "Try it."
  The movement here also attracted Zhan Zhao's attention, and he looked back.
  Seeing that Bai Ye also called himself to wear it, Bai Yutang probably did not play a prank by Zhao Jue, so he reached out to take it.
  After receiving the mask, Bai Yutang frowned.
  Zhao Jue asked, "What's it like!"
  "This mask is really annoying!" Bai Yutang muttered, unwilling to wear the mask, but when the mask was about to touch his face, Bai Yutang suddenly He pulled it away suddenly, frowning and staring at the mask.

  "What's wrong?" Zhan Zhao was curious.
  "Illusion..." Bai Yutang muttered to himself, and then brought the mask closer to his face. This time, there was no strange feeling.
  After wearing it a little, Bai Yutang took it down and returned it to Zhao Jue,
  saying, "It doesn't feel much." Zhao Jue smiled slightly, did not speak, and took the mask.
  Captain Bai quickly stood up and went to the bathroom to wash his face.

  Turning on the faucet, Bai Yutang, who was standing in front of the mirror, stared at the flushing faucet, raised his head and looked at himself in the mirror. I didn't know if it was really an illusion. The moment I first came into contact with the mask, there was a bitter cold rising from the soles of my feet, and I heard a strange sound in my ears, like the devil's breath in a horror movie. Bai Yutang has never believed in these things, but he personally felt that the immersive feeling is disturbing. How much do you think?

  In the SCI office, Zhan Zhao came over, picked up the mask, and tried it on. Nothing was wrong, so he asked Zhao Jue, "What's wrong with Yutang?"
  Zhao Jue shrugged, "Compared with your little tiger Sensitive, huh."
  Zhan Zhao looked at him suspiciously.

  At this time, the results of Jiang Ping's investigation came out, "I found the museum, but it's too old. There was no computer record of the exhibition that year."
  "The museum is still there?" Bai Yutang came back after washing his face and heard Jiang. If it's flat, just ask.
  "Here!" Jiang Ping pulled out the address to show Bai Yutang, it was a very small museum located in the old city, but it was still in operation.
  "This museum has always exhibited some weird things." Jiang Ping shook his head. "Recently, there is still an exhibition of serial killers. It is said that there are hints in those paintings..."
  "So interesting?" Zhan Show and Zhao Jue at the same time Come over, eyes sparkling.
  Bai Yutang looked at the address and planned to go there later.

  At this time, the twins called. The two people, who were afraid that the world would not be chaotic, were ready to take advantage of this great opportunity to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the establishment of the Bai Group. The event lasts for a month. The next night, the business dinner will be held first. Feeling that time is okay, they posted an invitation.
  Both Zhanzhao and Baiyutang felt that the arrangements were good, so the twins happily went to prepare banquets and events.

  As soon as I hung up the phone and the elevator door opened, Zhao Zhen came out, followed by lazy Lisbon behind him.
  Behind Lisbon, Qi Le and Chen Yu also followed out. They were carrying musical instruments and wearing big sunglasses. They looked like they had just finished the performance. They were full of stars.

  Chen Xiaofei, who was visiting the SCI, was startled by Lisbon, then screamed and hid in the forensic room nearby.
  In the forensic room, Gongsun and Ma Xin and Xia Xia were scanning the mask with a few unnamed advanced machines. Seeing Chen Xiaofei's panic on his face, they were a little puzzled.

  Bai Yutang just called Chen Mi to talk about it. Chen Mi said that he would bring Grandpa Chen over. Chen Yu was there first. It was estimated that he was here to admit his relatives, but Chen Xiaofei ran away.
  Zhan Zhao suspiciously followed to the forensic room and asked Chen Xiaofei, "What are you doing?"
  "I, I saw an idol!" Chen Xiaofei was excited, "Are those two Qi Le and Chen Yu just now? Ah! Are you familiar? Can I ask for an autograph?"
  Everyone couldn't laugh or cry. This funny character is more like Grandpa Chen than Chen Yu and Chen Mi.

  Ma Xin waved, "Xiao Yu, your cousin is here!"
  Chen Yu and Qi Le immediately ran to the door of the forensic room.
  Chen Yu entered the door and saw Chen Xiaofei, and ran over to hold his face and take a closer look.
  Chen Xiaofei was so shocked that he did not dare to come out.
  Qi Le also came over to watch.

  After a long time, Chen Yu probably finished the identification, and nodded, "The upper part of his face looks like my grandfather and my brother! It really is the forehead of family inheritance!"
  "Is your grandfather here?" Zhan Zhao asked.
  "My brother called just now to say it's coming soon." Chen Yu was excited, put his arms around Chen Xiaofei, and forced him to call his sister.
  Chen Xiaofei blushed to recognize her sister, which is a blessing in disguise. Although she was caught by SCI, she found her long-lost cousin. By coincidence, her sister is still a favorite star.
  Zhan Zhao asked Chen Yu, "Does your grandfather have any heirlooms?"

  Chen Yu thought, touching his chin, "Heirlooms...my grandfather passed away very early, as if there are any heirlooms..."
  Qi Le came over and asked, "His Does a keychain count?"
  Everyone wants to laugh—the keychain is a family heirloom? It really has the style of Old Man Chen.
  "That's really a long time!" Chen Yu said, "A rectangular black pendant, about the size of a lighter. Grandpa has been hanging on the key and never changed it. I asked him what it was, and he said it was left by the grandfather. His, as a commemorative, I guess there will only be that."

  "Is the material similar to this?" At the door, Bai Yutang walked in, holding a mask to show them the
  two girls were shocked, "Wow, what is this so scary!"
  Behind Bai Yutang, Zhao Jue probed, "Yo, big star . " "
  great God! "Qi Yue and Chen Yu Jue quite happy to see Zhao, Zhao Jue to send concert tickets, backstage and said the matter sorted out last time to play.
  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other-when did they become acquainted with each other? Don't these girls know that this is a dangerous person?

  Gongsun asked them to touch the masks, and they looked different, but of course he wouldn't tell them that they were real faces.
  "It feels a bit like this." Chen Yu said, "Grandpa's keychain is the same as this, with many patterns on it, like characters." When
  Chen Yu said this, everyone was stunned and stared at her.

  "What are you talking about?" Zhan Zhao asked curiously, "There are patterns on it?"
  Chen Yu blinked, "Yes!"
  Qi Le said with his arms folded, "I always said no, she insisted that there is."
  "Really. Yes!" Chen Yu seems to have argued with people more than once, flat mouth, "
  Both brother and grandpa said no!" Chen Xiaofei also said no.
  Zhan Zhao looked at Bai Yutang, and Bai Yutang shook his head—no patterns were found.

  "Um..." Gongsun checked Chen Yu's eyes and touched his chin. "It's interesting, it should be another strange genetic exception." With
  that, Gongsun asked Ma Xin to borrow a camera from the Forensic Science Department.
  After a while, Ma Xin ran up with a big camera and many lenses.
  Gongsun changed the color shutter in front of the lens, and finally he chose one, took a few photos against the mask, inserted the camera's memory card into the computer, and then looked at the big picture. Everyone was surprised to find...At this time, The color of the mask has changed to green, but there are a lot of black patterns on the mask that didn't exist before, which is very clear.

  Everyone stared at the picture, and Ma Xin picked out all the patterns. "It's a very strange symbol, it doesn't feel like an ancient text."
  Gongsun passed the picture to Jiang Ping and asked him to search for it.
  Jiang Ping searched for a long time, but couldn't find anything similar, "It shouldn't be some kind of recorded text!"

  "Can only Xiaoyu see it?" Qi Le felt magical.
  "Well! This is not unusual. Everyone's eyes are different. Depending on the light sensitivity of the human eye, there are some things that everyone can see, some of them may be chromatic aberrations, and some, only part of it. People can see it, but some people can't. Chen Yu's case is relatively rare, maybe...her grandfather can see it too!" Gongsun speculated, "that's why he went to steal this one which seems to be worthless at all. The mask." While

  chatting, the elevator door opened and Chen Mi and Grandpa Chen walked in.
  Compared to Chen Yu and Chen Mi, Grandpa Chen was very excited. When he saw Chen Xiaofei, he said that he looked like his grandfather, and learned that his father and grandfather had passed away, and he also saw the brother's Zhang Ming. Like painting, the old man began to cry.

  Everyone gathered in the SCI office. After Grandpa Chen calmed down, Bai Yutang showed him the mask, and Zhan Zhao asked him about his father.
  Grandpa Chen really took out a keychain to Zhanzhao and the others, saying, "I still remember my dad left us two things when we separated from my brother." As he said, he gently stroked the mask. "I thought this mask was very scary at the time, so my brother took it away. It was smaller and easier to hold, so he left it to me."
  "Why did the grandfather disappear?" Chen Mi was puzzled.
  Grandpa Chen sighed, "I don't know. I was fine, but suddenly said he was going to leave. I just remember that he told us when he was parting that these two things must be hidden and not seen. He also said... he took it. If you shouldn't take something, you have to find a way to remedy it. It may not come back. Let us not miss him."

  Hearing this, everyone looked at the square box that looked like a lighter. From the outside, it looked like a piece of solid wood, but it felt that the weight was not right. The texture was indeed similar to the face mask. Could it be someone else? Body tissue? .
  Gongsun did an X-ray fluoroscopy of this thing and found that there was something inside!