010. [Case I] Witnesses, ch.10 - Ten Generations

The iron gate was pushed aside with a "crash". In the dimly lit space, the light bulbs hanging in the air were shaking due to the air currents. Swaying lights and shadows appeared on the ground, and in this light and shadow, there were also black human figures. .
  Bai Yutang raised his head subconsciously and saw the various corpses hanging in the air. Zhan Zhao also took a breath of air-conditioning—what's the situation?

  At this moment, there was a low roar of "whooping" from the warehouse, and everyone looked at the sound. Two huge Great Dane paced to the middle of the warehouse. Under the shadow of the lamp, two huge black dogs, two To Akame, the sagging facial skin felt different from fierce and dangerous.

  Bai Ye held down Bai Yutang, who was about to draw a gun, "The corpse is fake, don't get excited."
  Bai Yutang was taken aback.
  Zhan Zhao leaned over, "This...the fake is very good!"
  Bai Yutang frowned, always feeling that there was something strange in this factory building.
  "It's even more weird inside, so you should venture into the haunted house." Bai Ye patted him and motioned for him to relax.
  Zhan Zhao's interest in the haunted house is obviously great, but after all, it is cat-like. The two big dogs in front look a little scary, and I don't know whether to bite or not.

  Just when Zhan Zhaohe Bai Yutang was puzzled, Zhao Jue had already walked over slowly and walked straight to the two big dogs.
  The two dangerous giant dogs looked at Zhao Jue's approaching gaze somewhat alertly at first, but when he came to the front, the two dogs seemed to smell the smell...
  They both got close to Zhao Jue and smelled it carefully, and then uttered a terrible voice. With the intimacy of "Woo", the whole form also obeyed. Zhao Jue stretched out his hand and gently touched the heads of the two dogs.

  At this time, the elevator doors opened.
  Eugene walked out with his hands in his pockets, "It's really coming, my goddess's premonition is still as accurate as always."
  Zhan Zhao squinted his eyes and looked at this flower that has remained unchanged for thousands of years. Eugene naturally also looked at it. When I arrived at Zhan Zhao, he smiled twice and saw Zhao Jue again.
  Eugene looked to the sky and muttered to himself, "Otherwise, I would go back to Italy... I always feel that things are getting worse and worse."

  Zhan Showa and Bai Yutang also walked into the warehouse.
  Bai Yutang walked to the elevator, frowned and looked at the corpse pit, but getting closer, he could tell that the corpse was fake! These are similar to the simulation props used in making movies. The corpses are all colloids, making them extremely realistic.
  Zhan Zhao looked around for a while, and said, "It feels like the scene of a horror movie."
  "My goddess has this taste . I can't help it." When Eugene saw Zhan Zhao, he smiled and approached him, just wanting to ask for something close. I felt that someone patted him on the shoulder. When I looked back at Zhao Jue's face, Eugene jumped up and yelled on his shoulder, "Don't pat someone on the shoulder, okay! Scared to death!" Holding his arm and chest protector
  , he looked at Zhao Jue, "You didn't take the opportunity to do anything to me, did you?" Zhao Jue squinted at him, did not speak, but raised his head.

  At this time, across the rusty iron bridge above the factory building, there was a sound of "click, click" footsteps.
  Bai Yutang also raised his face, just listening to the footsteps, he is a master...
  At the same time, he saw a black figure on the iron bridge jumped...

  Bai Yutang frowned slightly-jumping down so high?
  However, the opposite of the height was the sound that was almost inaudible when the person fell on the ground, which was lighter than a cat.

  The man stood up, judging from the proportions of her figure, she was a woman. The proportions were very good. She wore a black slim-fitting clothes, black boots and short black hair. His face could not be seen clearly. He only saw a pair of eyes and the clothes were high-necked. The collar was pulled to the bridge of the nose, covering most of his face.
  Zhan Zhao paid attention to the woman's eyes, green pupils and snow-white skin. The outline of her face should be a foreigner, but her hair is jet-black.
  She looked at the people around her, and finally, her eyes fixed on Zhao Jue's body.
  Zhao Jue looked at her, smiled slightly, "Grow up."

  The woman stretched out her hand and slowly pulled the sweater collar down...
  Everyone couldn't help frowning--a girl who was originally very beautiful, had very good-looking eyes, nose, and face, but there were large burns on the chin. It extends to the cheek of the left cheek, and extends down to the inside of the collar, probably covering the neck... It is
  estimated that she is less than twenty years old, and I don't know what kind of injuries he has experienced. It's just that. Basically, the age of the group cannot be judged by her appearance, and it is not easy for everyone to infer how old she is.

  After the girl looked at Zhao Jue for a while, she turned her head back to look at Bai Yutang and Bai Ye... She seemed a little confused and tilted her head too far.
  Zhan Zhao analyzed her character from her actions, and speculated that this girl might be a dumb.

  Sure enough, I saw Eugene waved to her, "I'll take them down, you can go play yours."
  Everyone was even more puzzled-play? playing what?
  The girl turned around, stepped on an iron railing next to it, and jumped... after going up to the second floor, there were several vertical leaps, almost flying up and down between the railings, like a gymnast, and finally returned there. On the iron bridge, the sound of footsteps walked away.

  Bai Yutang frowned, this skill is so talented, is it another experiment? Thinking of this, he subconsciously looked at Zhan Zhao.
  Zhan Zhao was naturally also very interested. He stepped back a few steps, looked up at the iron bridge above, and asked Zhao Jue, "How many generations?" When
  Zhao Jue passed by him, he stretched out his hand and moved his middle finger around the real finger. Made a "ten" gesture.
  Zhan Zhao was surprised, and raised his face again to see, but the girl had already run away.
  Bai Yutang was puzzled, and asked Zhan Zhao, "What do you mean?"
  Zhan Zhao told Bai Yutang, "Ten generations! The materials Zhao Jue gave me before have records that the completed products of the ten generations are relatively successful first-generation experimental products. The only drawback is that The obedience is too low, and the official records are all cleared, but Zhao Jue mentioned that he secretly left one to raise with a friend... She is the only finished product approved by Zhao Jue."
  "It's a pity that the vocal cords were damaged in the fire." Zhao Jue walked into the elevator, "Can't speak."
  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang followed into the elevator, and had an illusion inexplicably. The elevator seemed to lead to a different dimension, and they were already far away. They live in the normal human world.

  The elevator stopped quickly, and the moment the door opened... the butterfly potted plant appeared in front of everyone.
  Zhan Zhao opens his mouth-the aesthetic is high-end!
  Bai Yutang frowned in disgust—it was disgusting!

  Behind the bonsai, the woman Bai Yutang and Bai Ye had just met in the deep alley ran out, Zhao Jue also walked over, and stretched out his hands.
  The two gave each other a hug.
  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang turned to look at Bai Ye with a bit of gossip, but at this time Bai Ye's attention was all on the potted plant, and he didn't know if he didn't see it or didn't want to.

  Zhan Zhao heard Zhao Jue call the woman "Kalin". According to the pronunciation, it should be the pronunciation of "wind chime" in French... It is quite appropriate to think of Zhao Jue's mobile phone alert tone set for her.

  Zhao Jue and Karin really got along well, and they sat down at a small round table behind the potted plants and started talking in a low voice.
  Bai Yutang dragged Eugene, saying that he was very concerned about the "fake" corpses outside.
  Eugene beckoned, motioned-show you around.
  Bai Ye didn't follow, and stood in place to admire the potted plant. Eugene took Zhan Showa and Bai Yutang out of a side door. There is an upward iron staircase in front. Zhan Showa Bai Yutang followed Eugene up the stairs and reached the top of the factory... There are several rusty iron bridges criss-crossed there. The girl just walked up from this iron bridge. Jump down.
  Zhan Zhaowang looked down and checked the distance visually, and sighed-it was even higher from the top. Ten generations is indeed a perfect finished product, and its physical functions are twice as good as normal.

  "What's your relationship with Karin?" Bai Yutang asked.
  "Well, work relations... My boss asked me to be her driver." Eugene spread his hands. "She and my boss are old acquaintances, and the relationship between the two is still good. Karin has been living in seclusion with Mia. Her life, but recently she suddenly said that she was going to S city, the boss would play me to beat her, anyway, she asked me to do what I have to do... You say he is too much! If she wants me to escort Then I am not depressed? Uncle, I have been like
  jade for so many years. Is it easy for me?" Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang gave Eugene a disgusted look.

  "Mia is the girl just now?" Zhan Zhao asked.
  "Well, Mia is a bit like Karin's adopted daughter. She is only fifteen years old, but she looks like ten years old. Girls nowadays are growing too fast! How dare you be parents these days? Ah."
  Zhan Zhao frowned slightly-this is a typical overgrowth phenomenon, which was also found in other generations of experimental products before, and it was the most difficult link to overcome. However, Mia's situation is special. The other test products are normal in the early stage, slow in the middle stage, and over-speed in the late stage. And Mia's generation seems to be too fast in the early stage, so according to the law, it should be slow in the middle and normal in the late stage. This solves the problem of sudden death in the late stage quite well. Like Tian Ji horse racing, only a change of order changed the result. , It is really a very clever approach... Since Zhao Jue admits that this generation is the best "experimental product", he should have his reason.

  "What does Karin do?" Bai Yutang was curious, "Why do so many simulation corpses? A woman who lives in this kind of place with two dogs, isn't she afraid?"
  "Afraid?" Eugene seemed to hear a very funny topic. , Laughing forward and backward, "Have you heard that people are afraid of ghosts, and have you heard that ghosts are afraid of people?"

  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang both looked at him-what do you mean?
  Eugene scratched his head. "All Karin's houses are similar to ghost houses. She is not used to living in those places."
  Zhan Zhao touched his chin, "Is it still an aesthetic problem..."
  "She's not a monster of evil taste, probably it has something to do with work." Eugene said, "I don't know exactly what Karin does, but Leonard values ​​her very much. I asked him and he said Karin is the person who understands death the best in the world... I thought it would be a role similar to that of your SCI forensic doctor. But later I found out that it seems not to be, but I didn't study it in depth.

  Are women the most charming... Besides, her sixth sense is too strong to believe." "Sixth sense?" Zhan Zhao's eyes lit up.
  "The reason why I consider her as my goddess is because she is a god at all!" Eugene was slightly excited. "Is a woman who owns a minute of
  god !" "What is a minute of god?" Bai Yutang was puzzled.
  "According to my observations, no matter what." Eugene touched his chin deeply. "This woman can predict one minute in advance and what will happen the next minute! It's like saying that you just came, and she didn't have any warning. Under the circumstances, it is said that someone has come, and it is not the enemy that can be accurately judged." As he said, Eugene asked Zhan Zhao with interest, "Ah, I said, in your subject, have you studied telepathy and brainwave transmission? Kind of?" After

  Eugene asked, he found that Zhan Zhao was not listening to him...
  Bai Yutang was also a little puzzled. Zhan Zhao was still interested in Eugene's words just now, but he didn't know what he saw. The next second Attention is drawn away.
  Bai Yutang walked to Zhan Zhao's side and looked in the direction he was looking... Not far away, there was a platform under the intersection of the iron bridges. On the platform, the girl named "Mia" , Was sitting there, holding a piece of chalk in his hand, quickly drawing circles on the ground, on the ground there was a large black checkerboard. Mia drew a hollow circle, and then another solid circle, turning the chessboard occasionally, and was very busy.

  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang instantly understood what Eugene meant when she asked her to "play" just now.
  Bai Yutang looked at it for a while and asked Zhan Zhao, "Is she playing chess with herself?"
  Zhan Zhao nodded.
  "Go?" Bai Yutang felt that the chessboard seemed a bit bigger.
  "No, it's much more complicated. She should have created her own rules." Zhan Zhao studied carefully.
  "This girl has always been like this." Eugene said, "It's very boring."

  "You're boring." Zhan Zhao teased Eugene, "She's not boring at all." After speaking, he quickened his pace to move forward. Go, go down the stairs.
  "Hey!" Eugene wanted to stop, "Don't get close to her, she is very unfriendly to strangers."

  Bai Yutang followed.
  Zhan Zhao has walked to the side of the chessboard.
  Mia continued to draw the chess pieces by herself, but she glanced at Zhan Zhao from the corner of her eye, obviously not wanting outsiders to invade her territory.

  Zhan Zhao reached out and picked up a piece of chalk on the ground, and drew a hollow circle next to the solid circle she had just drawn.
  Mia looked up at Zhan Zhao.
  Zhan Zhao sat down and put her legs up and said, "I will play more interestingly."
  Mia tilted her head to look at Zhan Zhao, then looked down at the chessboard, and drew another circle. Zhan Zhao also followed her to draw one. In this way, the two of you drew one by one.
  About five minutes later, Mia squatted, clasped her knees with her hands, tilted her head to look at the chessboard, seeming to be stumped.
  Zhan Zhao stretched out his hand to turn the chessboard lightly, gave her his side, stretched out his hand, and drew a solid circle in one place. That meant-change over to play.

  Mia looked up at Zhan Zhao, a smile appeared on her slightly indifferent face, and she lowered her head to draw circles.
  Eugene's mouth twitched, and he asked Bai Yutang with his arms, "In addition to his beauty, what else do you like about him? You two can communicate normally?"

  Bai Yutang gave Eugene a sideways glance. Eugene hurriedly grabbed the railing on the side to prevent Bai Yutang from throwing him down.
  Bai Yutang can understand Mia's smile just now, to be honest...Zhan Zhao was interested in chess for a period of time when he was a child, and he played with himself. With his IQ, he can't be satisfied with ordinary board games at all. He has created a big set of rules. Most people don't even say they play with him, and they don't even remember the rules. Zhan Zhao just turned the chessboard and put the chess pieces on his own. He had a great time, but he seemed quite lonely. For this reason, Bai Yutang always thought, if someone could accompany him to play chess. Fortunately, Zhan Zhao's interest in board games quickly passed, and his interest afterwards seemed to have shifted to cracking the code... In short, Zhan Zhao's thinking was quite active and his interest was constantly shifting.

  Mia and Zhan Zhao just drew in circles like this for at least half an hour. Eugene stood with sore legs, leaning on the railing, turning ankles and rubbing his neck, and asked Bai Yutang, "What rhythm
  is this ?" This is, Mia. Suddenly he stopped, stretched out his hands and pulled Zhan Zhao's sleeves, pointed at his stomach, and rubbed it again, as if to express that she was hungry.

  "Hungry... Call for takeaway?" Zhan Zhao's first reaction caused Bai Yutang to hold his forehead.
  Mia dragged Zhan Zhao and ran away, Bai Yutang and Eugene followed, and they were in the kitchen.
  Eugene looked around, "Oh...for the first time I know that there is a kitchen here, and there are no corpses hidden in the
  refrigerator, right?" Mia opened the refrigerator, there were a lot of ingredients in it, and she looked at Zhan Zhao.
  "Cough cough..." Zhan Zhao coughed, and said to Bai Yutang, "Xiaobai, go!"
  Bai Yutang was speechless, walked to the refrigerator and looked inside and asked, "What do you want to eat?" "

  Mia reached out and took out a pack of macaroni.
  Bai Yutang took the macaroni, picked out a few more ingredients, and started cooking.
  Half an hour later...

  Eugene held his macaroni in tears and rubbed the corner of the table, "Where can I find a man whose appearance is proportional to his cooking skills... I have tasted the taste of happiness, I used to eat shit."
  Bai Yu Tang glanced at Eugene disgustingly-don't say such disgusting words while eating!
  Eugene buried his head in eating noodles.

  Zhan Zhao eats macaroni while observing Mia.

  Mia was very satisfied with the taste of macaroni, closed her mouth, and gave Bai Yutang a thumbs up while chewing. Bai Yutang was also a little surprised. This girl had a sense of innocence that did not match her appearance. Although her appearance, especially the injuries, can easily give rise to the illusion that she is unfortunate, but judging from her behavior, she looks like she grew up in happiness.
  The scent attracted Zhao Jue. Seeing Mia and Zhan Zhao sitting together eating macaroni, Karin, who came in with Zhao Jue, was visibly stunned.
  Mia was holding the plate and asked Karin to taste the pasta, acting like a kid who wanted to share food with her mother.
  Zhan Zhao continued to observe-the level of mental maturity is lower than that of his peers, but his intelligence is very high, and there is no problem with expression... This is very interesting.

  Zhao Jue snatched the macaroni from Bai Yutang's hand, pointed to Karin at him, and said, "The god of death you want to investigate, she knows."