024. [Case I] Witnesses, ch.24 - Jungle

Zhan Showa and Bai Yutang asked Lanqi, who is experienced in jungle travel, but he didn't expect that he had actually seen the mysterious family map.

  "What I saw was an ancient painting, similar to a wall painting." Lan Qi said, "I lived in South America for a period of time. At that time, I met a scientific expedition team. They wanted to hire people familiar with the terrain to follow the team. The site of the ancient city was inspected, but most of the locals refused, and introduced me to them if they had acquaintances."
  "The locals don't want it? Is it dangerous?" Bai Yutang asked.
  "Well, if the danger comes from the jungle, or some tribes, or even drug dealers, then it's not a problem. If you have money, you will naturally have someone to work for you." Lan Qi shook his head, "The only thing is the locals. Taboo."
  Zhan Zhao smiled slightly, "Legend or curse?
  Lan Qi nodded, "That area belongs to the restricted area, and entering by mistake will cause disaster, so the locals dare not go in, plus being deep in the jungle. "

  Which jungle is it?" "Zhan Zhao is curious.
  Lan Qi smiled slightly, "Amazon jungle. "
  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other-how do we investigate this case? Would you like to take a jungle adventure?

  "Actually, I have a photo album at home, and I might find it..." Lan Qi didn't finish talking, Zhan Zhaohe Bai Yutang Unanimously, "Excuse me then! "
  So, before going to Chen Xiaofei's house, everyone stopped by Lan Qi's house.

  Lan Qi and Hao Ling lived in an apartment in the city, very close to Lanxi. After Hao Ling recovered, he and Yang Fan works in a hospital. She happened to be at home today, making tea to greet everyone.
  Zhan Zhao went in and observed and concluded that the Lan Qi couple are very affectionate and live a happy life.

  Lan Qi found several photo albums and said, "This is The photos I took when I was in the Amazon jungle. "

  Zhan Zhao, Bai Yutang and Lan Qi were sitting on the sofa looking at the photos.
  Lan Xi and Chen Xiaofei were sitting at the table, and Hao Ling cut fruit for them to eat.
  Chen Xiaofei tilted his head with his chin and looked at Zhan Showa Bai Yutang, who was studying the case, and sighed.
  Lan Xi asked him, "What's wrong?"

  "I was an ordinary college student yesterday, but today I suddenly became the king of thieves." Chen Xiaofei sighed.
  On the side, Hao Ling put a plate of cut oranges in front of his eyes, "I was just an ordinary dentist before. After meeting them, I suddenly became amnesia. My father lost his gains and his husband lost his gains. "
  Chen Xiaofei bit the orange and widened his eyes, "Oh... even harder than me..."

  Zhao Jue stood in the living room, looking at the decorative paintings on the wall. Lan Qi and Hao Ling are both people who like to travel. , So there are many works of art from all over the world in the home.
  Hao Lingjiu admired Zhao Jue's name and took the orange to him. Seeing that he seemed interested in a painting, he said, "This was painted by a kid in West Africa when I was in West Africa."
  Zhao Jue looked at Hao Ling. "Have you ever worked as Doctors Without Borders?"
  Hao Ling nodded.
  Zhao Jue pointed to the painting, "That kid is Canamon."
  Hao Ling was taken aback , surprised, "Do you know him?"
  "He is now a well-known painter, and I saw him in an art exhibition. "Zhao Jue said, "He likes Asians very much. I heard that it was because he had an infectious disease when he was a child. A beautiful Asian female doctor without borders saved his life."
  Hao Ling was delighted and took a tablet to search for "cards ." "Namon", as expected, has become a well-known artist, and is enthusiastic about various charitable activities.

  Looking at Hao Ling's relieved smile and looking at Lan Qi, Zhao Jue said to himself, "Sometimes a kindness is rewarded..." As
  he said, he saw Zhan Zhao beckoning to him.
  Zhao Jue walked over and saw Zhan Zhao show Zhao Jue a picture from the album.
  That is a group photo taken in front of an ancient ruins. There are a total of nine people in the picture, including blue chess and two guides with guns. The remaining six people should be members of the expedition, two women and four men. And Zhao Jue's sight quickly locked on a young member of the expedition team.
  "G!" Zhao Jue smiled slightly, with a face—that's how it was.

  Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang looked at each other, and it turned out to be G.
  "Do you know this person?" Zhan Zhao pointed to G and asked Lan Qi.
  Lan Qi said, "He is a member of the expedition and is the assistant of Professor Hedingdon."
  Then, Lan Qi pointed to a fat and bearded old man standing next to G, "He is the initiator of this expedition. , Is also the main person in charge of this project." In

  Bai Yutang's photo album, I found what Lan Qi said, the pattern of the genealogy, and pointed it out to Zhan Zhao and the others.
  I saw that it was a wall painting, the age is unverifiable, but it seems to have a strange wind, and the surrounding environment seems to be quite gloomy.
  Zhan Zhao asked, "It feels like the environment for taking pictures is very dark. Where was the shooting?"
  "In the tomb." Lan Qi said, "At first I thought it was just a cave, but then I saw a mummy, so it should be a cave."

  "Mummy? "Zhan Zhao was surprised. "Different from the corpses I just showed you?"
  Lan Qi shook his head. "It's not the same. After entering the cave with the expedition team, we found the tomb. There were a lot of mummies in the tomb, but the whole body was full of mummies. Wrapped in cloth, it looks very particular, and then wears a mask on his face."
  "What kind of mask?" Zhan Zhao asked. Lan Qi didn't recognize the death mask just now, that is to say, it was different.

  "Well, some wood-carved masks look weird... I didn't take pictures of mummies. I have a taboo that I never take pictures of dead people." Lan Qi said, "Those people have taken pictures, probably because of this reason, they all dead now. " "
  all dead? "INTERACTIVE surprised.
  Chen Xiaofei came over with the orange, "Oh! The legendary curse?"

  Zhan Zhao was puzzled, "How did those people die?"
  "I don't know much about it." Lan Qi pointed to one of them in his forties. The blonde woman said, "She
  died in the jungle at that time." "Dead in the jungle?" Bai Yutang frowned.
  "It seems to be some kind of sudden epilepsy, or some kind of acute infectious disease." Lan Qi said, "She convulsed all over her body and developed a lot of erythema, and she died suddenly."
  Zhan Zhao frowned slightly and looked at it. Zhao Jue.
  Zhao Jue squinted and touched his chin. "Did she say anything that shouldn't be said before she died?"
  Lan Qi was puzzled, "I shouldn't say...I'm not an expert in this area..."
  Zhan Zhao shook. Shaking his head, said, "Just say it according to your feelings. If she didn't die of illness, then what do you think her behavior led to her death?"

  Lan Qi looked at the crowd and said, "Um... She is a medical student, and most of them are archaeologists or historians. When finding the mummy, some hieroglyphs were also found. Dr. Hedingdon said that this may be the earliest research data on immortality by mankind. It's very precious. But as a scientist and doctor, she finds immortality funny. She also said that from ancient times to the present, there have been liars who use immortality to fool people."

  Everyone frowned—that's it.
  Chen Xiaofei shook his head, "Oh! This is the standard death in horror movies."
  Bai Yutang looked at the photo, "What she said is not wrong."
  As a doctor, Hao Ling also nodded.

  "This young man." Lan Qi pointed to G, and said, "He joked at the time, don't talk nonsense, be careful of retribution."
  Zhao Jue's eyes narrowed again.
  "As a result, she died suddenly that night." Lan Qi said, pointing to the two guides, "These two guides were originally afraid of this place, and they ran away as soon as the woman died. Five people also had a disagreement. Among them, the G that Dr. Hedington said to you, and this person!" With
  that, Lan Qi pointed to a handsome foreigner in his thirties, and said , "This is an American. , The full name is not clear, they all call him Mike. He is an explorer, rich, and likes mystical culture. The three of them advocate staying. Another scholar who studies local customs and culture, and a zoologist insist on After leaving, I was responsible for escorting the two people who were going to go out first. The three of them stayed there to continue studying. After I sent the people away, I hired a guide and went back to find them."

  "You stayed alone with G?" The corner of Zhao Jue's mouth smiled, "Wasn't that a Chinese meal? Did you find two more mummies when you went back?"
  Lan Qi sighed, and said, "After I sent the two people away, I brought a newly hired one with me. The guide went back, but there was no one in the ruins! All three of them left."
  "Leave without a word?" Zhan Zhao frowned.
  "I also found it very strange, but the luggage and research materials were taken away. It doesn't look like something unexpected or kidnapped." Lan Qi said, "I asked everywhere later, and there was no news of these people again. But probably Half a year later, I saw the news that the rich American man died of a heart attack. Later, Professor Hedingdon and the two scholars who left first... both died of illness."

  "What about G?" Zhan Zhao asked.
  "They all call him Gran, which is the G you said." Lan Qi shrugged, "I really didn't pay much attention to him. He looks like an ordinary assistant, very inconspicuous. I don't even have any impression of him... "
  Then do you have any impression that his left hand is fake?" Zhao Jue asked suddenly.

  Lan Qi was taken aback, "What?"
  Hao Ling took the cup and leaned against Lan Qi, pointing to the photo, "Obviously, he wears gloves on his left hand."
  Lan Qi picked up the photo and looked in his eyes. The look seemed incredible, "Gloves?"
  Chen Xiaofei was curious, "Can't you see it?"
  "I did wear gloves." Lan Xi also nodded.

  Lan Qi looked blank, "Why do I see a hand that is intact..."
  Zhan Zhao suddenly smiled, then looked back at Zhao Jue, who was leaning on the sofa, and asked, "The good people you said have rewards, is that this? ?"
  Zhao Jue raised his eyebrows.
  Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao, "Has Lan Qi been hypnotized by G?"
  Zhan Zhao nodded and asked Lan Qi, "Do you have almost no memory of this Gran?"
  Lan Qi nodded, "Yes, I think now I just want to remember his name, and he is very inconspicuous, and the others...really vague."

  "All of you were hypnotized by him when you entered the jungle with him." Zhan Zhao said, "This person is quite Amazing master, he set your death time according to different times. You should have died of illness, but..."
  Lan Qi suddenly realized, "After I was injured, Bobby sealed me up!"
  "If there hadn't been that accident, you should have died too." Zhan Zhao nodded, "It's also a blessing in disguise."
  Hao Ling subconsciously looked at Zhao Jue. When he said "good people get rewarded," he thought he was. I was talking about Kanamong, but I was talking about blue chess... Now think about it, it's really a blessing in disguise!

  "But his suggestion to you has not been completely relieved. When you see him, you still feel that his limbs are sound and his memory is vague... This is his plan B." Zhao Jue said, "so as not to be like you. Such a fish that slipped through the net."
  "You can see that G is still very cautious." Bai Yutang wondered, "What's so special about that tomb? Why did he kill so many people who went to that place?"

  "Guess this tomb. Are you still there?" Zhan Zhao asked Bai Yutang suddenly.
  Bai Yutang widened his eyes to look at Zhan Zhao, "Cat? You don't want to go to South America, do you?"
  " Do you want to travel?" Chen Xiaofei immediately came to his mind, "South America? Iguazu Falls and Blue Glacier? !"
  Lan Qi shook his head straight, "Isn't it..."

  Zhan Zhao waved his hand, "No one needs to go, just get the corpse and take more pictures."

  Lan Qi and Lan Xi were both puzzled, "How can I get rid of the corpse." Come?"
  Zhan Zhao shook his mobile phone to everyone, "Money can make ghosts go around."

  ... In the
  Bai Group's office, after Bai Jintang received a call from Zhan Zhao, he rested his chin on his mind.
  The twins strolled in and saw that Bai Jintang was in a state of meditation, so they leaned forward and owed, "Big brother? What's the trouble? Don't you know how to spend too much money?"
  "Speaking of spending..." Bai Jintang raised his head and handed the phone to him. twin.

  The twins were a little puzzled. When they took a look, they saw some jungle pictures and some ancient city walls.
  The twins tilted their heads to look at Bai Jintang, "What is this? Which piece of land do you like?"

  Bai Jintang rubbed his chin and looked at the twins for a while, and said, "Otherwise you two will go to the Amazon jungle and bring two dry corpses back," Showa Yutang said. It needs to be used for investigation." The
  twins stared at Bai Jintang for a long time, jumped up and threw their mobile phones!