1457

Chapter 1457 Hard-won

Turn off the lights and protect your eyes     Font: Large, Medium, Small

[Previous Chapter] [Table of Contents] [Next Chapter]

The Niu family took good care of this place, and there was actually no soil on the tombstone.

"Would you like to help your mother-in-law fix it?"

Lao Henglu also blew the ashes on the tombstone, and sure enough, there was no dust at all.

"No need," Shen Qingci shook his head, "She's fine here. It's simple and unpretentious here. Just because she's cultivated too well doesn't necessarily mean she's good. That's it."

In fact, there is nothing here, just a memory for future generations. She spent several years here, so she was the one who left her mother's tomb here, but it did not necessarily require any major construction.

Just a bouquet of wild flowers will be fine.

"Let's go." Shen Qingci stood up, patted the dirt on her daughter's body, and then held her little hand.

When she came out, she heard someone calling her name.

"Qingci, Qingci, are you Qingci?"

Shen Qingci raised her face and saw the excited old woman not far away. She couldn't help but feel that her nose was slightly sour. She still remembered the woman who held her hand, and The person who helped her bury her mother.

"Aunt Niu," Shen Qingci pushed aside the guards and walked over.

Qingci, are you Qingci?

Mrs. Niu recognized it at a glance. When you grow up, you look exactly like your mother. Even though she is older and her eyesight is not so good, she can't even tell Shen Qingci's age.

Shen Qingci smiled at Mrs. Niu.

"Auntie, it's me."

"It's really you," Mrs. Niu wiped her tears. "It's great that you have grown up. Your mother can also rest in peace. Don't worry." Mrs. Niu has never done anything wrong in her life. She can pat herself on the back. She promised with her chest that everything she did was worthy of her conscience. She said she would take care of Lou Xuefei's tomb, and she did what she said. She would come over from time to time to help weed and clean. He took good care of her there, and would burn some paper money to her every year on the anniversary of Lou Xuefei's death and during the Qingming Festival.

"Thanks."

Shen Qingci knew that it would not be wrong to entrust the matter to Mrs. Niu.

"What do you say thank you for?"

Mrs. Niu also really felt that her words of thanks made her feel guilty. If it hadn't been for the money, they wouldn't be where they are now, so these things are what they should be.

Mrs. Niu's eyes moved down and she saw Guo'er holding the tiger cub.

"This is your daughter, she looks so much like you when you were a child." She is so similar that you can tell at a glance that this is Shen Qingci's child. This child is obviously as white as a snow dumpling. I know he is the child of a wealthy family, but at that time, Shen Qingci was only a handful of small bones. He was still dark and thin, but his general facial features could be seen. He had such a small face and a pair of big eyes.

These eyes are like those of Lou Xuefei, and they are also the big, watery eyes that all girls in the Lou family have.

"Guo'er, call me mother-in-law."